Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Quadir commits we will have a PG and 2 two combo wings committed for the 22 class. It may seem like things have been chugging along slowly since all the early summer visits but the reality is that we have reloaded the 1-3 positions. After that the next priority is to add a big but there is flexibility to also take another kid at any position.
If Benny returns for a second year, and Edwards/Anselm progress, we could be getting back to a roster with the talent that the late 00's and early '10's had. Would be nice to get JJ.

Oh man, General I love most of your posts, but... I disagree with this a lot.

Girard regressed as a point guard last season. He looked much better pushing tempo as a freshman. I think the jury is still out how much of a 1 he really is.

I'm optimistic about Torrence, but reality is he's had a very underwhelming first two years of production in college basketball. Now, he's going up a level in competition. At best he's an unknown quantity for now so it's difficult to predict his future, but I don't think it's crazy to think he could be bumped out of playing time if incoming guys are more talented (and I think there's a great chance ours could be depending on how recruiting unfolds).

Short of this all is, I think improving the talent at point guard could be really big for us, especially with Taylor coming in, especially with the possibility of playing Girard off the ball, especially since Lands may also be a great option at the 2. I'm not sure Starling accomplishes improving our talent at the 1.

That said, I wouldn't mind a scenario where there are legitimate battles for PT between multiple high level players. Let's get greedy.
He’s not going up a level Marquette meet North Carolina and the difference between conferences is minimal

Welcome to the Cuse Quadir

Now, assuming he chooses us, then next year that's Copeland (PG), Kamari Lands. (F), Justin Taylor (SG), probably Benny (F), Frank & Jesse at C. Joe will still be around, along with Symir for guard depth and experience.

I kind of like Carey or Bunch after that, if we get another guy or two. If we get Copeland, we don't really need another PG until the following year, when Symir and Joe both graduate, opening up another slot.

Then you try to get Simeon Wilcher, 6-5 PG from the NY Rens who plays great defense. Him and Copeland as your PGs.

This is the player I have wanted since watching him play. I know the other guys are excellent but they aren't true points and they aren't 6'6 with length and a great handle. If he can improve his shot he has a chance to be great. He's perfect for JBs O and zone plus I believe he is a 2 year player. Really excited and hope he's Orange.

This is the player I have wanted since watching him play. I know the other guys are excellent but they aren't true points and they aren't 6'6 with length and a great handle. If he can improve his shot he has a chance to be great. He's perfect for JBs O and zone plus I believe he is a 2 year player. Really excited and hope he's Orange.
You should say he’s one and done. Those guys tend to stay 2-3 years for us, while the 2-year guys wind up leaving after one.

All I care about in recruiting right now is getting this kid wrapped up on the tenth, and I will worry about anything else after that is done !!!

Quadir will be a great get !!!

Yepppppp

Couple things from watching him at Peach Jam and comparing him to KR and other recruits

The IMG year is going to serve him SO well, I can’t understate that enough. It did for Benny too. Not saying Benny didnt have 5 star potential but he really put it together at IMG. Thinking the same will happen with Cope.

Yes, his skillset and body is very similar to Kadary but he isnt as advanced in ball skills, passing etc. Now, he can definitely get there especially with another HS year but I hope people table their expectations that if he isnt Kadary like, he’s a disappointment.

Along those lines, potential is through the roof but he isnt as advanced right now as a JJ and Chance. That’s A-ok but again, lets make sure we roll back the huge expectations on him. I watched a lot of his games this Peach Jam and there was some major ups and downs with him.

I am excited to get him!

I know it's hard to gather too much from limited tape but it seems Quadir has more of a leader mentality at PG than guys like Carey, Kadary and Joe to use recent examples. That is a puzzle piece that has been missing too. Not a knock on the rest of the team but we have been absent that presence.

I look forward to the usual suspects who have never actually watched him, but looked at box score, and complain he’s ranked too low to be any good.
Hopefully he's busy in the Yankees thread or somewhere else.

Excited to get Quadir assuming it plays out like that

Yepppppp

Couple things from watching him at Peach Jam and comparing him to KR and other recruits

The IMG year is going to serve him SO well, I can’t understate that enough. It did for Benny too. Not saying Benny didnt have 5 star potential but he really put it together at IMG. Thinking the same will happen with Cope.

Yes, his skillset and body is very similar to Kadary but he isnt as advanced in ball skills, passing etc. Now, he can definitely get there especially with another HS year but I hope people table their expectations that if he isnt Kadary like, he’s a disappointment.

Along those lines, potential is through the roof but he isnt as advanced right now as a JJ and Chance. That’s A-ok but again, lets make sure we roll back the huge expectations on him. I watched a lot of his games this Peach Jam and there was some major ups and downs with him.

I am excited to get him!
That could work well with veterans Joe and Symir with him for first year.

All I care about in recruiting right now is getting this kid wrapped up on the tenth, and I will worry about anything else after that is done !!!

Quadir will be a great get !!!
I am very happy to be here!
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online