Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 103 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

See post #2553. Yes, I agree, and so does the ACC. Sports are not the be all and end all of the ACC.

Our problem is that we screwed up and now have less room for error than our competitors. In hindsight, we would not have invested in a project. However, it's water under the bridge and does not justify punishing someone who was an innocent bystander.

I have my fingers crossed that we get an additional scholly back for all 4 years, or, as I understand it, we can delay our restrictions as long as Battle commits before we get a decision on our appeal. Delay makes sense because, during the restriction period, we will not use roster spots for projects. Quite a few times, projects panned out and really helped us. We will have a delicate 4 years without this option.

We offered Chino a scholly and the understanding is that it is for 4 years unless he violates acceptable behavior. This is not the pros nor a slimeball operation like UCon was. We knew that Chino was a project when we offered. If Chino was our mistake it is our responsibility, not his, as long as he is doing his best. We are an educational institution, first and foremost, although you would not have known it under PC Cantor. One possibility is that we offered Chino to lure Bryant. Since that ship sailed, we should punish Chino?
Firstly, it is pre-mature to speculate that we would be a slot short and that Chino would be the odd man out. We might gain a scholie or two on appeal. Somebody else might transfer or make a jump to the NBA. At this point in time nobody is showing Chino the door.
Secondly, I am sure that Chino wants to play. He still with 100% certainty has an opportunity this season to work his way into the rotation and to prove his skills. If that is not going to happen here due to a lack of progress on his part in terms of his hoops skills, then it is legitimately in the best interests of both the Cuse and the kid that he be told that. There is no doubt that Jimmy would help to get him placed into a situation where he would be on the court.
Thirdly, sometimes stuff happens. In this case the stuff was probation, so it might force the staff to take actions that they otherwise would not have taken in terms of being patient with some of the kids.

I do. You made a deal. The deal has options for the kid: quit, transfer, but not for you, as a teacher, coach, adult, etc. I happen to think the kid will be more than just practice fodder down the road. Losing the year of eligibility really hurts.

Guys, guys, guys... Transfer is NOT an option for Chino. Am I missing something here?

HeaterCuse22 said:
some guy on twitter is saying UConn or duke for battle Mike Ortiz Jr.‏@xOrtiz4x 24m24 minutes ago Sources close to Syracuse basketball believe that 5 star recruit Tyus Battle will likely choose Duke with UConn having an outside chance. 21 retweets 12 favorites Runs a blog called DYST-Now
Incorrectumundo! But thanks for playing. Johnny, do we have a nice parting gift for Mr Ortiz!

SU = Longtime hot girlfriend that everyone likes including your parents. Its assumed you are going to the senior prom with her.
MICH = Girl that you have known for a while that suddenly turns into a SUPERHOTTIE the summer before your senior season. She's exciting and Crazy and thinks your great. No one else you know really digs her though.

So since you are young you dump your best girl and start bouncing around with the new hottie, even saying you will take her to the senior prom. The thing is that after a while although she's still hot the crazy s exactly that CRAZY and the exciting wares off as the reality of the situation starts to sink in. You realize that not only was your old girlfriend just as hot, she also understood you and wanted what you wanted while being a really great fit for you, your family and your friends. Meanwhile your new girlfriend has sort of isolated you from everyone else and doesn't really seem to see the same things for your future that you do. New girlfriend isn't stupid so you cut ties and head right back to old girlfiend to make things right. You haven't asked her to the prom yet but you both know you're going together.
How's that novel coming along? Twilight meets Fatal Attraction.

Tyus Battle quote below, draw your own conclusion. I simple do not know what to think at this point.

"My whole family just wanted to look at other schools and other options," Battle said. "I still really like Michigan a lot. I'm just looking at other schools and other options. "

Tyus Battle quote below, draw your own conclusion. I simple do not know what to think at this point.

"My whole family just wanted to look at other schools and other options," Battle said. "I still really like Michigan a lot. I'm just looking at other schools and other options. "

That doesn't sound good.

I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like he's exploring his options a little more.

I hope he goes where HE wants to go. Regardless of whether its Syracuse or not. Would of course be happy for him to be Orange, but I can't imagine a process where your family chose for you and yo felt like you had second say in the matter.

Getting Deja vu all over again...

Personally I wish this entire thread was nuked. Someone shoot me an IM when he Tyus makes his announcement. I dumber for having read the past 15 pages of this debacle of a thread.
sorre Im late had to get enough popcorn for all of us.jpg

Personally I wish this entire thread was nuked. Someone shoot me an IM when Tyus makes his announcement. I am dumber for having read the past 15 pages of this debacle of a thread.
cusetown1 didn't I text you exactly that the other day? Exchange the second sentence with "wake me up when" ahahahahaha
iommi, you stealing my bits again, bro? :D:eat popcorn::)
Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfeld-Quote_zps4b775d39.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom