Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 105 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

RF2044 said:
Apparently, no you can't. Enough with the sky is falling crap. This thread--and all of the misinformed prognostications it contains--is going to look awfully stupid pretty soon.

So come out and say Battle is coming to SU and stop beating around the bush.

Are you confident enough to do that?

Apparently, no you can't.

Enough with the sky is falling crap. This thread--and all of the misinformed prognostications it contains--is going to look awfully stupid pretty soon.

I want this to be over too because I'm sick of the bs and conjecture in this thread, but the outcome really isn't in doubt to anyone who actually knows the deal. This thread: It's a train wreck and I keep reading it and adding to it. It's like a black hole.

Tyus: make your SU announcement soon...just so this thread will die. Thanks.

Apparently, no you can't.

Enough with the sky is falling crap. This thread--and all of the misinformed prognostications it contains--is going to look awfully stupid pretty soon.
Can you blame people for getting antsy? The guy committed elsewhere once, and visited us 2 weeks ago now, has gone completely radio silent and now one of our primary backup plans is choosing a school tomorrow (that won't be us) and there is no sign of the process coming to a head anytime soon for Battle.

In an age where instant gratification is all that matters to anyone, waiting and patience is a virtue so very few possess.

Frankly, no matter how good the staff feels about Battle, they should be formulating a series of backup plans and alternative options (if not acting on them, at least discussing them behind the scenes) until they have his commitment in hand. That's just the right way to handle this situation IMO, just in case the extremely unexpected happens.

Can you blame people for getting antsy? The guy committed elsewhere once, and visited us 2 weeks ago now, has gone completely radio silent and now one of our primary backup plans is choosing a school tomorrow (that won't be us) and there is no sign of the process coming to a head anytime soon for Battle.

In an age where instant gratification is all that matters to anyone, waiting and patience is a virtue so very few possess.

Frankly, now matter how good the staff feels about Battle, they should be formulating a series of backup plans and alternative options (if not acting on them, at least discussing them behind the scenes) until they have his commitment in hand. That's just the right way to handle this situation IMO.

Ever hear of Kevin Huerter? He's very much still on our radar. Battle will be Orange but if, for some unforeseen reason, he changes his mind, then we will tell Huerter that he can have a scholarship in 2016.

There is way too much narrow-minded thinking in this thread. This situation is not hard to read.

Ever hear of Kevin Huerter? He's very much still on our radar. Battle will be Orange but if, for some unforeseen reason, he changes his mind, then we will tell Huerter that he can have a scholarship in 2016.

There is way too much narrow-minded thinking in this thread. This situation is not hard to read.

I'm going to get squirrely, but I predict we get Battle AND Huerter.

Can't wait for THAT to fester in between now and 2017...

I didn't say that it was. I also said "one of our primary backup options" not "only backup option".

So come out and say Battle is coming to SU and stop beating around the bush.

Are you confident enough to do that?

Cuseguy, you know you are one of my favorite posters. I don't mean to call you out.

But this is counterproductive. You just have to trust me on that. It is time to step back as a fanbase and trust that the coaches aren't screwing up recruiting, and that their strategy is working / has worked. I know that requires a leap of faith. Take it--

I'm going to get squirrely, but I predict we get Battle AND Huerter.

Can't wait for THAT to fester in between now and 2017...

I could see that happening too. Some things would have to fall into place but I think we are Huerter's #1 choice. Problem is Huerter's stock is rapidly rising and he might want to be in college in 2016. Would we have room and would he want to be part of a crowded backcourt?

I could see that happening too. Some things would have to fall into place but I think we are Huerter's #1 choice. Problem is Huerter's stock is rapidly rising and he might want to be in college in 2016. Would we have room and would he want to be part of a crowded backcourt?

I can't envsion we'd have room in 2016. Barring the unforeseen [i.e., a huge reduction in sanctions]. But as jekelish has reported numerous times, he would be willing to go prep so that we could take him in 2017. I really, really, really want Huerter.

RF2044 said:
Cuseguy, you know you are one of my favorite posters. I don't mean to call you out. But this is counterproductive. You just have to trust me on that. It is time to step back as a fanbase and trust that the coaches aren't screwing up recruiting, and that their strategy is working / has worked. I know that requires a leap of faith. Take it--

That was hard work.

I trust you.

Always have.

Thanks.

I can't envsion we'd have room in 2016. Barring the unforeseen [i.e., a huge reduction in sanctions]. But as jekelish has reported numerous times, he would be willing to go prep so that we could take him in 2017. I really, really, really want Huerter.

I agree 2017 is the best route but will he wait after he winds up top 25 in his class?

I agree 2017 is the best route but will he wait after he winds up top 25 in his class?

Hard to say. I think we're the only team he'd consider going that route for.

He has PLENTY of offers to choose from, but I like where Syracuse sits. I think his fandom might pay off, in terms of how things unfold. No guarantee--I'm far less certain of this than the topic of this thread--but I have a feeling we're in the driver's seat for Huerter, a la Lydon last year. And when you look at his list, you see what a top notch prospect he will be.

Would be THRILLED to land this kid. So would our coaches.

We could theoretically get Battle and Huerter If we get 1 scholarship back and someone else leaves. I also think Huerter could possibly end up being a wing player for us if he comes here. He should be going into his junior year and he is already 6'6 so he could theoretically play the 2 and 3 for us at some point. I'm confident as well we get both somehow.

Gilbert will be a great player no matter where he goes, but I like the decisions the staff is making in recruiting. Both battle and huerter are more skilled players than Gilbert even if he is the most athletic player out of the three ad they both fit our system better. Gilbert fits uconn/Louisville's system perfectly.

except that he's not our primary backup plan at all
Why does no one read the entire sentence? "One of our primary backup options" you can't tell me Gilbert wasn't in our top 3-4 guys we wanted after Battle. That's what I was implying people

speaking of dream school...

Marbury-Celebration.jpg

hey i'm not gonna knock laz sims. he bleeds orange but the dude was basically a bench warmer til his senior season when marbury chased away all the other top recruits and then stiffed us too late for a plan b. imagine that su finals team with marbury and wallace and perhaps even adonal foyle. we kick kentucky's a$$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom