Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 140 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Only problem is if Malachi leaves our guards are still going to be playing 30 minutes a game next year.
And if Malachi comes back are guards will be playing 30 min a game.

Francis03 said:
Battle, Howard, and Gillon will give JB a nice trio rotation of guards to spread minutes around. Much like the Scoop, Dion, and Triche days.

It works, no doubt.

I'm just worried about injuries.

We've been pretty fortunate.

Agreed, bigger more refined Dion coming in. It took Dion a while but hopefully Tyus is ready to play a big role right away.

He's much more disciplined and team-oriented than Dion. Battle really plays unselfishly, gets his teammates involved. Much more well-rounded than Dion. Tyus blocks shots, rebounds, etc. Also, Tyus is an excellent on-ball defender.

Yep - I know it's a bit of an apples-to-oranges type thing, but I honestly think he's a better player right now than Malachi. He will fill that void and then some.

I agree with this sentiment also. TB is very fast. His ability and speed to attack the rim right or left is going to be a huge plus. Malachi had a really sweet step back move. But TB's pull-up jumper reminds me of Kemba Walker. TB is really going to break some ankles. I can't wait to see the highlights.

Yep - I know it's a bit of an apples-to-oranges type thing, but I honestly think he's a better player right now than Malachi. He will fill that void and then some.

I hope so, and think he will have a better all around game out of the gate, but Malachi would have been a special scorer this coming season after that show he put on against UVA. Plus we are also replacing Mike and Trevor. Not to say I don't like this group for the coming season though.

I agree with this sentiment also. TB is very fast. His ability and speed to attack the rim right or left is going to be a huge plus. Malachi had a really sweet step back move. But TB's pull-up jumper reminds me of Kemba Walker. TB is really going to break some ankles. I can't wait to see the highlights.
I remember some of the posters who saw him in person commenting on his speed. And I remember his coach saying he was one of the fastest players he had ever coached and that "he had another gear when he had the ball in his hands". Cant wait to see how he looks when hes surrounded by, and going against D1 athletes.
Anyone know if hes on campus yet?

Would love some "melo center reports" on him, chukwu, moyer...hell i want reports on the whole team :)

I remember some of the posters who saw him in person commenting on his speed. And I remember his coach saying he was one of the fastest players he had ever coached and that "he had another gear when he had the ball in his hands". Cant wait to see how he looks when hes surrounded by, and going against D1 athletes.

Would love some "melo center reports" on him, chukwu, moyer...hell i want reports on the whole team :)

Battle & Moyer have been on campus for weeks now.
You been under a rock or something? :p

He is indeed! Thought he's been enrolled in summer classes for a bit now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom