Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Fly Rodder said:
Chance of a Battle commitment tonight? 5%? 10%? He's seen what Louisville and Duke can offer. He knows what Syracuse is offering. A HOF coach, the Melo Center, the adoration of 35,000 screaming fans, and a stuffed fruit for a mascot.
100 percent

I don't think it will be as much about the reputation being damaged as it is the roster being damaged. Elite players want to go where they can contend. Yes, there are other factors too -- but if a kid like Battle doesn't view our roster as being adequate due to being diminished by NCAA sanctions, he's apt to head elsewhere.

Even in light of the sanctions, the Battles have gone out of their way to give props to our head coach and his staff. There's no reason to think that the reputational hit is the issue if we lose out on Battle.

Right. The roster as being potentially inadequate in his eyes goes without saying. We'll see what happens!

I really want Battle. I feel like he has stuck with us. Or at least his dad has stuck with us through a tough time. We know from Bryant how what a parent says and kid feels can be different, of course. I just have very warm feelings for the Battle camp because they have "had our backs." And I truly feel like a commitment from a player of Tyus' stature will really put a cap on this NCAA episode in a hugely positive way - that is to say "we are going to be staying at the top." It would mean last year was a fluke and we are planning to contend in the ACC and nationally going forward.

Chance of a Battle commitment tonight? 5%? 10%? He's seen what Louisville and Duke can offer. He knows what Syracuse is offering. A HOF coach, the Melo Center, the adoration of 35,000 screaming fans, and a stuffed fruit for a mascot.

He's not going to Duke because of Thorton, Kennard, and Ingram. One of those guys is going to cut into his PT.

Here's what's scary about @blackjesus.
If Rysheed came here alongside Ennis: 2 years ago would be debatable. Might have helped, might have harmed, given his past.

But let's just say he was a soph last year. We "probably" are good enough to make the tourney, but we don't from self imposed, get out my face NCAA horse dung, he gone and nothing gained, nothing lost.

Wild. Goings. On.
Bet my money with our recent luck that's exactly how it would have played out. Now who will bet me and my idiotic "prediction of the past"?
moqui? twothree? cusetown? Francis?
Come at me, bros! ahahahahahahahaha

Here's what's scary about @blackjesus.
If Rysheed came here alongside Ennis: 2 years ago would be debatable. Might have helped, might have harmed, given his past.

But let's just say he was a soph last year. We "probably" are good enough to make the tourney, but we don't from self imposed, get out my face NCAA horse dung, he gone and nothing gained, nothing lost.

Wild. Goings. On.
Bet my money with our recent luck that's exactly how it would have played out. Now who will bet me and my idiotic "prediction of the past"?
moqui? twothree? cusetown? Francis?
Come at me, bros! ahahahahahahahaha

Tee has been drinking :rolleyes:

Tee has been drinking :rolleyes:
sddefault.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online