Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

I like our chances.

upload_2015-5-5_10-28-0.jpeg
X
upload_2015-5-5_10-28-56.jpeg

Oh boy...are we finally nearing an end to his recruitment? http://.com/kid-mamba-sets-official-visit-date/

I really hope so. It's weird that we haven't even reached the summer before his senior year, and it still feels like this has been dragging on for years.

Oh boy...are we finally nearing an end to his recruitment? http://.com/kid-mamba-sets-official-visit-date/

I really hope so. It's weird that we haven't even reached the summer before his senior year, and it still feels like this has been dragging on for years.

do you make money off your site? or is it a hobby?

Yeah, I definitely agree. I think in part it's because the wave of bad news that we've been on for over a year. It's been crazy. Good news is that I think we finally hit the bottom of that pit, and now we're on the way up where good news will be more of the norm (in football that's already begun with our recent recruiting). We are so due!

happy.jpg

just curious because you work really hard and put out some good stuff. the stuff on washington was excellent work. i wouldnt blame you for making money off the website. my apologies if the question was intrusive.
Oh, no worries. And thanks. If I can ever make a little money off it, trust me, I won't complain. Basically it gives me an excuse to obsess over Syracuse so when my wife starts getting on me about spending too much time on here or elsewhere, "But I'm doing it for my website!" is a good response.

Damn you are quick with these articles. And I appreciate the tits outta that.

Oh, no worries. And thanks. If I can ever make a little money off it, trust me, I won't complain. Basically it gives me an excuse to obsess over Syracuse so when my wife starts getting on me about spending too much time on here or elsewhere, "But I'm doing it for my website!" is a good response.
So, if you were to start an adult themed website...?

Not trying to jump the gun too much here but if Battle commits what do you guys think the rotation will look like for 16-17? Do you see more of KJ-Battle 1-2 with Malachi at the 3 or Battle-Malachi 1-2? I would like to see KJ stay in the starting lineup (especially if his game progresses this year) but I think that lineup would be a little small whereas if he is pushed to the bench a backcourt of Battle and Malachi would be huge but those guys are both score-first guys and might not be able to handle the ball as well.

Not trying to jump the gun too much here but if Battle commits what do you guys think the rotation will look like for 16-17? Do you see more of KJ-Battle 1-2 with Malachi at the 3 or Battle-Malachi 1-2? I would like to see KJ stay in the starting lineup (especially if his game progresses this year) but I think that lineup would be a little small whereas if he is pushed to the bench a backcourt of Battle and Malachi would be huge but those guys are both score-first guys and might not be able to handle the ball as well.

Why would you or many of the other posters like to see KJ start? He was given every opportunity and failed miserably. On JB's radio call in show, JB said that "you never know about freshmen, we never imagined Ennis would be that good and we couldn't believe that Kaleb would be this bad". KJ never improved the way I hoped and we can't afford to extend him anymore on the job training when Mike is a better option in every facet. Our best option at PG this year is Mike and a freshman recruit in 2016 unless Kaleb can learn to dribble with both hands, not pick up his dribble , shoot 10 foot jumpers and raise his hands and move his feet on defense. But leopards don't change their spots. I hope he makes me eat crow, but I won't bet on it. He repeatedly makes the same errors. Just the way I've seen it.

I'm far from ready to throw the towel in for Joseph. He has hit the ten-footer. He needs to shield the ball when he gets any closer than that though. He is right hand dominant but he has a pull up going left that he didn't show much last year. I just don't think he ever got comfortable. I've lowered my ceiling expectations for him but am still excited for the player he can be. Some OJT might not be a bad thing. Mike ran O better but had a similar A:T as Joseph. He's better served off the ball. If Kaleb can cut down on mistakes and jump to 9-10 ppg (which should be the case), he'll be serviceable next year with 2 more years to grow.

If Battle signs, he starts at PG day 1. Kaleb would be best served (basketball wise) to leave ASAP if Battle announces, unless he wants to red shirt a year while Battle plays.

Why would you or many of the other posters like to see KJ start? He was given every opportunity and failed miserably. On JB's radio call in show, JB said that "you never know about freshmen, we never imagined Ennis would be that good and we couldn't believe that Kaleb would be this bad". KJ never improved the way I hoped and we can't afford to extend him anymore on the job training when Mike is a better option in every facet. Our best option at PG this year is Mike and a freshman recruit in 2016 unless Kaleb can learn to dribble with both hands, not pick up his dribble , shoot 10 foot jumpers and raise his hands and move his feet on defense. But leopards don't change their spots. I hope he makes me eat crow, but I won't bet on it. He repeatedly makes the same errors. Just the way I've seen it.

I understand your position but here is my problem with what you just said. I don't understand how you don't think he will get better. Kids are not the same. The lights might have been to bright for him as a freshman. I can also tell you that not every kid responds well to how JB tried to motivate him. Secondly in you paragraph you quoted JB "you never know about freshman" so how can you know how Battle will respond? Point being is hopefully Battle comes here and they can compliment one another and give us depth in a position.

I think the entire fan base had unrealistic expectations for Kaleb Joseph as a freshman PG last season after we were treated to Tyler Ennis the year before. It can't be easy to be thrown into the starting lineup as an 18 year old and to be expected to produce. I am hopeful that Kaleb will be able to improve his game this offseason, but I am also concerned that we hurt his confidence too much last year. I'm glad that he will most likely get another chance to start this year, as I think it's too early to label him a bust. But if he doesn't make strides in his game this year then I would think the starting PG spot is Battle's to lose for 16-17 if he comes here.

The concerns about Joseph are completely reasonable based on what was seen last season. We will all have to wait and see how uses the time until next season. I think its way to early to be completely writing him off. That said Battle is a different level recruit whom I fully expect to start from day one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom