Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

And it's exactly that flair and "alpha dog" mentality that impressed me more in his videos than Battle's. I really think we need that kind of player in '16.

Yes. 100%. And that's what I thought we were getting with Kaleb Joseph. Looking at his film, Kaleb seemed to be in attack mode a lot in high school. We saw that kind of moxy in a few games last year, notably 'Nova and at BC. Hopefully with some added strength and confidence, KJ can give us the swagger.

We gotta somehow get a stud lead guard/combo guard up in here quick. IMO, the reason the staff went after Battle so hard and currently showing Simmons so much love is because Joseph and Howard are projects. We can't have project guards here. Not now.

Two major losses with two players we put a lot of time in with regard to Bryant and Battles. This currrent roster has no first team ACC players on it. Anyone who says the sanctions from the NCAA hasn't had a negative effect on the program are delusional.

So was Battle supposedly wanting to play PG just fools gold?! The article above talk about Beilein using him like LeVert who is a pure SG.
Seriously. All the "Syracuse is his favorite" talk was due to he and pops supposedly demanding that he be a PG. yep, uh-huh

SoBeCuse said:
We gotta somehow get a stud lead guard/combo guard up in here quick. IMO, the reason the staff went after Battle hard and showing Simmons so much love is because Joseph and Howard are projects. We can't have project guards here. Not now.

SU was very high on Joseph when he was recruited. It wasn't until he arrived on campus and started practicing did they start to notice his flaws.

And if they were concerned about Joseph, why did they go out and recruit a combo guard (Howard) with some flaws to play the point?

I can understand Joseph because they thought he'd learn under Ennis. But once they saw Joseph, why Howard?

SU was very high on Joseph when he was recruited. It wasn't until he arrived on campus and started practicing did they start to notice his flaws.

And if they were concerned about Joseph, why did they go out and recruit a combo guard (Howard) with some flaws to play the point?

I can understand Joseph because they thought he'd learn under Ennis. But once they saw Joseph, why Howard?

I hear ya. Strange. We'll see how it plays out. Crushing blow since the guard position here is so shaky.

Panic-everybody.gif

Two major losses with two players we put a lot of time in with regard to Bryant and Battles. This currrent roster has no first team ACC players on it. Anyone who says the sanctions from the NCAA hasn't had a negative effect on the program are delusional.
When we lost Julius Hodge we wound up with Hakim Warrick. Maybe it will happen again.

How solid is this commitment? I mean Swanigan committed to Michigan State somewhat unexpectedly, then flipped to Purdue like a month later.

This is a rough one, and one that it would appear the staff thought they had. The recruiting strategy sure seems to suggest that. Maybe we'll get Simmons or maybe we can get in on Murray. Gilbert doesn't seem like a game-changer right away like the other three.

I don't know if it's the sanctions or not, but the program is in a dark place. We need someone to light it up.

Sux for sure. I'd be lying though if I said I wasn't at least a little concerned about his foot. The hard part is the apparent one track we've been on.

What are we supposed to do now? If I remember correctly Jake had said he would be concerned if we didn't land Battle...well I am concerned that a guy we have recruited for 3 years just ups and decides Michigan over the weekend.

72Cuse said:
When we lost Julius Hodge we wound up with Hakim Warrick. Maybe it will happen again.

This board was on fire when we lost Hodge. His recruitment was so important to the program we had someone there at the announcement so we'd have instant notification. The world was coming to an end.

This board was on fire when we lost Hodge. His recruitment was so important to the program we had someone there at the announcement so we'd have instant notification. The world was coming to an end.

The world was coming to an end when we lost Boo Harvey and Pooh Richardson too. :rolleyes:

What are we supposed to do now? If I remember correctly Jake had said he would be concerned if we didn't land Battle...well I am concerned that a guy we have recruited for 3 years just ups and decides Michigan over the weekend.
You realize Michigan didn't just start recruiting him this past weekend, right?

Explanation please ?
We were recruiting a player named Tyus Battle. Syracuse was long considered a favorite. Jake had heard that there was a good chance we would end up with him. He didn't end up picking Syracuse.

Simple enough? Good.

EDIT: Er, I mean...fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Jake is to blame! Fight! Fight! Fight!

We were recruiting a player named Tyus Battle. Syracuse was long considered a favorite. Jake had heard that there was a good chance we would end up with him. He didn't end up picking Syracuse.

Simple enough? Good.

EDIT: Er, I mean...fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Jake is to blame! Fight! Fight! Fight!

If he truly feel in love during his visit. Then I can't fault him. He or his father said he could commit at anytime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom