Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

CraigForth said:
I think it's fairly safe to say I tend to be an optimist re: syracuse basketball. But, do you really think we're in any kind of position to land either murray or Simmons? We just missed a kid we've had a relationship with for 4 years, but now we're gonna get a commit from a kid we just offered a couple weeks ago or a kid we still haven't even offered? Whatever you're on, I want some.

How long was Michigan on Battle?

How long was Michigan on Battle?
I know you weren't asking me but I decided to look back through the Skowt archives...the first article that mentions him liking Michigan? May, 2013.

So everyone - this wasn't a spur of the minute decision.

hoopsupstate said:
I think people are dreaming if they think Simmons is coming to SU. For some reason, Murray has never seemed like an option for SU. I just see us settling for Washington or the other kid from Rochester. I don't think either one of them are ACC players.

This is exactly what was discussed in length when we were handed scholarship reductions.

We can't settle for lesser recruits.

The 10th scholarship needs to be a high impact recruit.

Kids like Washington, etc. are just backups to Joseph and Howard.

It is clear that there is a perception out there concerning the Syracuse program that is not positive right now. The sanctions are hurting us. All these kids feel they can start where ever they go, so playing time isn't a huge selling point. They want to win and with only 10 scholarship players, they might be wondering who they will be playing with if they come to the Cuse. I hope the use is appealing the ruling and get some reductions...Penn State was able to do it!!!

Yeah, boss throw that sucker out! hahahahahahah I needed that. You know me. Never give up. But sometimes, things suck.

Crap, tee, I'm freaking out now. I just remembered that the ex-girlfriend who bought me the stupid Michigan shirt, dragged me kicking and screaming to "Clueless" when it was in theaters in 1995 or whenever that was. I didn't know much about it so I was pleasantly surprised. I love me some Alicia Silverstone and Stacey Dash. Dash was in her late 20s in that role. Smokin'. Classic flick too. Can't believe you made that reference.

If you have ESP, why didn't you tell us years ago Battle wouldn't be Orange? :rolling: It would've saved us from today's heartbreak.

I don't think we're in a very good position with any of the top 2016 guards. Simmons or Gilbert would shock me if they ever even visit SU. I think Murray's ship sailed a long time ago. Our only options are Washington and the other kids from Rochester,which I can't recall his name. Neither one of them are ACC players. Our next best option might be Duvall and that's two years out. I don't see us involved with any top rated big men that are going to come in and be difference makers as young players. I hate to say it, but there's no one on our current roster that screams, I have to watch this kid play. We currently have a lot of "vanilla" type players on our roster. I don't see "vanilla" players winning ACC championships. Bryant and Battle's don't come around for us often and when we devote the amount of time we did and don't get them, really puts us behind the eight ball.

They offered June 15th, 2014

One day after my birthday. Damn jerks. I turn magic 44 this June 14th. All I wanted this year was a Battle commit in early June. Now I'm going to have to hope for a new tie or something. :eek: :bat::(:mad::vomit:

Crap, tee, I'm freaking out now. I just remembered that the ex-girlfriend who bought me the stupid Michigan shirt, dragged me kicking and screaming to "Clueless" when it was in theaters in 1995 or whenever that was. I didn't know much about it so I was pleasantly surprised. I love me some Alicia Silverstone and Stacey Dash. Dash was in her late 20s in that role. Smokin'. Classic flick too. Can't believe you made that reference.

If you have ESP, why didn't you tell us years ago Battle wouldn't be Orange? :rolling: It would've saved us from today's heartbreak.
Uh, yes, I have ESP? Serious, you are right to freak out. I am not joking. I have guessed some weird things. $170 some odd restaurant bill and I guessed it to the penny! It wasn't 170 even. Many more of those, just too lazy to remember. :)
And yes. Stacey Dash was hot. I think I dug her more than Alicia. Just had everything and that smile, eyes, face. Sorry. Where were we? ;)
About me and my "gifts". I don't fair well at predicting recruiting. But I didn't have a great Battle vibe at any point in this strange recruitment. Not feeling Simmons and Murray either. Maybe that's the key. Maybe if we all feel strange, that he should have pulled the trigger already, etc that we should tell the staff it's not meant to be. :eek:
Of course, if I were them, I wouldn't believe us either. :eat popcorn:

One day after my birthday. Damn jerks. I turn magic 44 this June 14th. All I wanted this year was a Battle commit in early June. Now I'm going to have to hope for a new tie or something. :eek: :bat::(:mad::vomit:
Didn't I tell you I had a gift?
Bam!

Uh, yes, I have ESP? Serious, you are right to freak out. I am not joking. I have guessed some weird things. $170 some odd restaurant bill and I guessed it to the penny! It wasn't 170 even. Many more of those, just too lazy to remember. :)
And yes. Stacey Dash was hot. I think I dug her more than Alicia. Just had everything and that smile, eyes, face. Sorry. Where were we? ;)
About me and my "gifts". I don't fair well at predicting recruiting. But I didn't have a great Battle vibe at any point in this strange recruitment. Not feeling Simmons and Murray either. Maybe that's the key. Maybe if we all feel strange, that he should have pulled the trigger already, etc that we should tell the staff it's not meant to be. :eek:

Stacy dash is still hot in my book.

hoopsupstate said:
I don't think we're in a very good position with any of the top 2016 guards. Simmons or Gilbert would shock me if they ever even visit SU. I think Murray's ship sailed a long time ago. Our only options are Washington and the other kids from Rochester,which I can't recall his name. Neither one of them are ACC players. Our next best option might be Duvall and that's two years out. I don't see us involved with any top rated big men that are going to come in and be difference makers as young players. I hate to say it, but there's no one on our current roster that screams, I have to watch this kid play. We currently have a lot of "vanilla" type players on our roster. I don't see "vanilla" players winning ACC championships. Bryant and Battle's don't come around for us often and when we devote the amount of time we did and don't get them, really puts us behind the eight ball.

Gilbert may very well visit.

He may be our best hope for a quality guard. But I don't see him being an impact guy who comes in and takes the ball from Joseph, then a junior, or Howard, a sophomore.

The following year, in 2017, I see us over recruiting someone like Gilbert.

The staff needs to be very smart going forward with recruiting.

I think we're always going to be able to get good players, like the current incoming class.

But can we land great players, top 15 quality?

I remember sitting with you at Mary Kline and telling you I thought Battle would wind up at a Kentucky or a Duke. But then I got optimistic based on his father's comments and APPARENT loyalty through the sanctions crap. This was brutal today.

And have you seen Stacey Dash lately? Still smokin' at age 48!

iommi said:

CuseTroop and I will console you in the Bahamas, my good man.

Gilbert may very well visit.

He may be our best hope for a quality guard. But I don't see him being an impact guy who comes in and takes the ball from Joseph, then a junior, or Howard, a sophomore.

The following year, in 2017, I see us over recruiting someone like Gilbert.

The staff needs to be very smart going forward with recruiting.

I think we're always going to be able to get good players, like the current incoming class.

But can we land great players, top 15 quality?
Sorry for sounding like Iggy, but I don't think top 15 kids are dying to play for JB and 100% zone D if they have NBA aspirations these days. Personally I don't see our recruiting cracking on a high level until Hop takes over.

I remember sitting with you at Mary Kline and telling you I thought Battle would wind up at a Kentucky or a Duke. But then I got optimistic based on his father's comments and APPARENT loyalty through the sanctions crap. This was brutal today.

And have you seen Stacey Dash lately? Still smokin' at age 48!
Yeah, she was in an article about hot women over 40. My ESP tells me you read the same article.

Francis03 said:
Sorry for sounding like Iggy, but I don't think top 15 kids are dying to play for JB and 100% zone D if they have NBA aspirations these days. Personally I don't see our recruiting cracking on a high level until Hop takes over.

Interesting thought.

One rarely raised.

CuseTroop and I will console you in the Bahamas, my good man.

Can't wait to hang with you guys. Genuinely psyched for that, not just the SU games. I've been living a very healthy lifestyle lately, so I'm hoping my liver makes it through that trip. I've become a lightweight lately, trying to go healthy in a lot of respects. Still, it will be a great time, no doubt about it. I'm going for six nights. It will be epic.

Oh, and Michigan is going to be there too. I'd love to play and beat them.

Your ESP is off but I have oogled Stacey in other venues. ;)
I hear you, my friend.
ie_clear3.png

Stacy dash is still hot in my book.
She is...but I find her to be a bit of a nut job. Which is why I'm happy I can limit my interactions with her to Google image search!

Gotta think the 100% zone D is a big factor. Not sure if it matters to some recruits or parents but you often hear guys like Beilein, K, Izzo, etc. always talk about family and being part of a family at each school. They are more of the father figure types and teachers of the game than JB.

Even with a guy like Gilbert, he recently raved about loving Louisville's defensive system, because he loves playing full court man to man. That might hurt us with him.

Pistol Pete Maravich used to dribble a basketball with his left hand to school. I know what you're thinking: BFD, Iommi.

I left out a vital piece of information in my first sentence: Pete would dribble with his arm extended out the rolled down window of his dad's moving car. Amazing. Sounds like an urban legend, but then again, have you watched high school or college clips of Pistol Pete? His black and white clips are so incredible, you'd swear CGI was invented back then.

You may be thinking of Ernie D as far as the car stuff. Heard about him but never heard it about Pete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom