Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

He probably committed to Syracuse prior to the visit but wanted to wait until Murry announced. So today it is.

Why has this thread devolved into thissssss????
talking about soda is better than talking about guys putting their posts into scotch and how it makes him feel.

not that theres anything wrong with that...

Tyus battle rhymes with cattle and cattle gives us beef which is a phenomenal source of protein that can be used on paleo diets.

Hopefully battle comes to syracuse. Heard he's good. PG?
d.jpg

I think I disgusted myself the most this past weekend when I ordered a XL pizza and cheese bread, figuring I'd eat half of each and save the other half for dinner the next day. Nope, housed the pizza and the sticks in one sitting.

I always feel like a disgusting slob after I order pizza, knowing full well I'm eating at least 3-4 giant slices. If it's a smaller pizza or from a chain, I'll probably take down the whole thing. It's the one food I'll continue eating until I feel like I'm going to explode.

OK, folks - no more diet discussions. Any further diet (or non-Tyus-related issues) will be deleted. This thread is to discuss Tyus Battle and his recruitment.

If anyone wants to discuss how they are progressing on their Paleo, please start a new thread on the OT board. Thank you.
I think you need a Snickers.

The last 8 pages of posts can all be deleted.

I find it odd that Battle decommitted and scheduled an official to SU so quickly, but then silence. It's not JB and Hop were going to tell him anything that they haven't told him eleventy million times before and nothing on campus has changed since his last unofficial visits. It's a weird thing. I can understand if he didn't know much about the staff or the school, but SU has been after Tyus for a long time.

One Man's Opinion

It is a dangerous game SU is playing. Let's hope all the time and effort and faith put into this effort pays off. It is perhaps JB's Last Great Gamble.
I'm ok with moving on to Gilbert... If your avatar a young hard nosed Scott Shafer?

That's a good article.

The pace of this situation isn't favorable to SU.

Wrong. Coach B and staff know more than u, Sean Keeley, and us.

I think they know what they r doing.

Yeah I'm still impatient. But i trust they know whats going on even if we don't.

One Man's Opinion

It is a dangerous game SU is playing. Let's hope all the time and effort and faith put into this effort pays off. It is perhaps JB's Last Great Gamble.

I'm not a fan of how we've been handling recruiting lately.

It makes no sense not to remain in contact with Gilbert. "I trust the staff," is what we hear. Okay, but that implies that they've received a silent verbal from Battle. That's a stretch at this point. What exactly would be the problem with bringing Battle to Syracuse for his official visit AND remaining in contact with a five star recruit in Gilbert? You could simply tell Gilbert the truth: We've been recruiting Tyus since he was 14 and we owe it to him to continue that relationship.

It strikes me as very unprofessional and lazy to blow off guys like Gilbert and Bryant. In the case of Bryant, the staff should've called him to at least keep him in the loop. Maybe we did but that's not what was reported. I don't think it's a gamble at all. I think it's stupid. Gamble implies risk. The only thing SU Hoops is risking is its reputation. If top recruits think we toss them aside like garbage, how exactly is that helping our perception among elite high school players?

Sorry, "I trust the staff" ain't cutting it for me. Even if we do get Battle, this is very bad form IMO.

The last 8 pages of posts can all be deleted.

I find it odd that Battle decommitted and scheduled an official to SU so quickly, but then silence. It's not JB and Hop were going to tell him anything that they haven't told him eleventy million times before and nothing on campus has changed since his last unofficial visits. It's a weird thing. I can understand if he didn't know much about the staff or the school, but SU has been after Tyus for a long time.
And THIS is what has me concerned. I'm not paranoid but I'm not delusional either.

Can I, We ask for an update from one of the boards resident insiders on the situation.

Jake ?

Wrong. Coach B and staff know more than u, Sean Keeley, and us.

I think they know what they r doing.

Yeah I'm still impatient. But i trust they know whats going on even if we don't.

How can you say it is 'wrong?'

Whether they know more than us, he still hasn't publically announced a commitment. Conventional wisdom suggested that him visiting here immediately after decommitting set up well for us. I was confident even when we didn't hear anything over the weekend that favorable news would be coming our way early this week.

I'm comfortable letting this play out, but the longer things go unresolved, the worse our chances become.

I'm not a fan of how we've been handling recruiting lately.

It makes no sense not to remain in contact with Gilbert. "I trust the staff," is what we hear. Okay, but that implies that they've received a silent verbal from Battle. That's a stretch at this point. What exactly would be the problem with bringing Battle to Syracuse for his official visit AND remaining in contact with a five star recruit in Gilbert? You could simply tell Gilbert the truth: We've been recruiting Tyus since he was 14 and we owe it to him to continue that relationship.

It strikes me as very unprofessional and lazy to blow off guys like Gilbert and Bryant. In the case of Bryant, the staff should've called him to at least keep him in the loop. Maybe we did but that's not what was reported. I don't think it's a gamble at all. I think it's stupid. Gamble implies risk. The only thing SU Hoops is risking is its reputation. If top recruits think we toss them aside like garbage, how exactly is that helping our perception among elite high school players?

Sorry, "I trust the staff" ain't cutting it for me. Even if we do get Battle, this is very bad form IMO.

Agree, but I don't think that you are properly describing what transpired in the Bryant recruitment. I don't think his situation was comparable to what is being described about Gilbert.

Nobody cares what you think or feel. That's why you r not on a Division 1 college basketball team coaching staff dealing with recruiting.
Don't mean to single you out Hulk, this is not addressed to just you.

People, this thread is developing into an ugly mess. I think everyone realizes how important Tyus is to the program, and we would all like to know more about what is going on and when a decision will be made.

No one knows. I don't think the Battle family even knows.

Please chill out a little, and let's start treating each other with courtesy and respect. We are all bound together as brothers and sisters by our love for Syracuse basketball.

Let's act like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom