Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - Postgame and Wednesday Articles | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday Postgame and Wednesday Articles

Jerami Grant scores career-high 13 points in 76ers' loss to Atlanta (CNY in the NBA) (PS: Murray)

16768186-mmmain.jpg

Looking at one more picture of Roc, it reminds me of the concentrating, death stare that Alonzo Mourning had. Zo was so formidable. Roc may not be Zo but he's showing that same gutty approach. Glad he's on our side!

They really will deserve this 4-day rest. I find it interesting that Mitoglou previously played professionally overseas and can play NCAA ball, but NCAA players can only play a certain number of pickup games during the summer until they start getting suspended.

Just another example of NCAA hypocrisy.

This is a great article.
Agreed. My aunt and uncle go to the end of the year Hardwood Dinner every year, and have for as long as I can remember. They've sat with Rakeem twice, I believe, and my aunt has said that he is BY FAR her favorite basketball player she's ever had a chance to interact with. She just raves about what a smart, nice, personable kid he is.

SU Beats Wake in Overtime Thriller (journalnow.com; Bailey)

Yes, this is our Bailey...

The ball left Cornelius Hudson’s hands just before the horn sounded. From three-quarters court, it soared across the Carrier Dome court, fading right toward the rim. The 23,367 fans in attendance froze in silence as Syracuse clung to a three-point lead in overtime.

About 15 minutes earlier, the Wake Forest freshman forward connected on a 3-pointer from the right wing to force overtime. This time, though, the ball banged off the middle of the backboard, rebounded back off the front rim, and knocked off the backboard once more before falling to the court to give Syracuse an 86-83 overtime win.
Good for his hustle in getting a free-lance gig.

Four biggest snubs from the Wooden Award midseason list (Yahoo!)

1. Rakeem Christmas (Syracuse): While Syracuse is no shoo-in for the NCAA tournament with Christmas, it probably wouldn't even be in contention without him. The 6-foot-9 senior is the most improved player in the nation this season, transforming himself from a defensive anchor who contributed little besides offensive boards at the other end into one of the ACC's dominant interior players. Christmas averages 18.2 points, 8.9 rebounds and 2.4 blocks this season. He put up 35 points on Tuesday night in a victory over Wake Forest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom