Probability that this JB's last season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Probability that this JB's last season

Probably that this is this JB's last season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Prior to this weekend, I would have guessed that there was a pretty low probability. JB's recent comments in the media / overt defiance made it sound like he wouldn't be stepping away anytime soon.

But after yesterday's festivities, it seems like a perfect way to go out. A celebration of his pinnacle achievement, with a bunch of beloved players back in town, two jerseys hoisted up into the rafters, winning big at home after a difficult couple of losses, etc.

And a big crowd there to commemorate, setting aside the disappointing season.

Not quite a storybook perfect ending, but would be a pretty cool way to ride off into the sunset. I'm thinking more like 75% now.
That was my vote too RF. Body language is certainly not an exact science but that looked like a coach trying to say goodbye. I was also watching Svenrud and Wildhak’s body language. Again it is far from an exact science and I am far from an expert but that’s how it looked to me.

I voted 75%-100% just based on what Jake shared in this thread... which looked like for a bit that percentage vote was more confident then he was about what he shared, but now we're good;)

Edit: Genuinely appreciative of the info & insider nuggets that get shared on the board, I know not everything turns out as speculated but I like have just having some updated info as things progress with the program. Thanks!

Last edited:
Before last game I was about 75% that it was over. After his comments post game I was about 50/50. Today I am about 80% or so sure that whenever or if :) we lose in the ACCT that will be JBs last game at Syracuse.

44%.

#BRAND.

But seriously, the way he’s talking he wants to run it back for at least one more year.

Do Wildhack, Syverud, BOT, etc have the stones to tell him that’s not an option, and they’re allowing him to retire right now?

I doubt it more and more.
Sigh.

This would literally be the best possible time for him to step aside.
We have no impact recruits we need to worry about losing.
(ND lost all their croots after Brey “retired”)

And the new guy can Pound The Portal to fill the talent gaps, which is something JAB has no energy or desire to do.

BOT meets on Thursday, right?

I voted earlier in the day but I would change my vote now if I could.

The bigger question is if JB retires, do we have a better chance of our players returning next year?

If he is closer to 100 than 0, it kind of stinks for him and the fans that he didn’t get the proper final Dome send off. Perhaps JB has come to the conclusion, as the year progressed, that this was it. But he couldn’t announce it and take away from Hak and GMac’s special day alongside the Championship reunion. That wouldn’t be fair to them and JB loves those guys.

This does kind of feel like a Roy situation, not a Coach K one.

I think he got a proper send-off twice this year. With the 2003 team showing up and beating Wake Forest on Senior Day, with all the hoopla afterwards, the retiring of Hak and Gerry's numbers, Melo on the scene. They probably even previewed that movie about the 2003 season that's coming out soon.

Then, he also got his ring of honor ceremony vs. Georgetown.
That's twice. They won both games. He got his tribute from the fans.

The bigger question is if JB retires, do we have a better chance of our players returning next year?

Well, we didn't hear all these rumors of people leaving because they thought JB wouldn't be the coach.

I’ve heard different potential successors - Red being one of them. But I believe change is on the way.

It will be interesting. My thing is if it is Red then don't waste time but if you do a real real real national search then it can't be Red.

It will be interesting. My thing is if it is Red then don't waste time but if you do a real real real national search then it can't be Red.

If it's Red, he has to be able to keep Judah, Benny, Brown, Taylor, Hima and Copeland. And he has to hit the portal HARD, for a starting center, a starting 2G, an experienced F who can rebound, and a back-up PG.

He has to get legitimate guys who can contribute NOW, and I'd like to see him get at least one Top 100 player from HS. Otherwise, this is a one-year audition in my book, and he's gotta win 20 games.

If it's Red, he has to be able to keep Judah, Benny, Brown, Taylor, Hima and Copeland. And he has to hit the portal HARD, for a starting center, a starting 2G, an experienced F who can rebound, and a back-up PG.

He has to get legitimate guys who can contribute NOW, and I'd like to see him get at least one Top 100 player from HS. Otherwise, this is a one-year audition in my book, and he's gotta win 20 games.
Not sure a one year audition is really fair… so much of this depends on timing. Are there any top 100 recruits left to sign? And are there any impact portal players who haven’t already found new homes or already in the process?

If it is his last season I hope he would coach Boeheim’s Army.
Seriously!I mean I think I will really miss the guy even though it might be time to pass the torch.
He needs to pass the torch because soon pitchforks will be added to the mix.

I’ve heard different potential successors - Red being one of them. But I believe change is on the way.
I'm intrigued by who the non-Red candidates are... They can't consider any current staff other than Red can they? That would be a huge slap in the face.

Have they already been talking to candidates outside of the program? That also seems like a slap in the face to JB given that as far as everyone is concerned, he's back next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom