Probability that this JB's last season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Probability that this JB's last season

Probably that this is this JB's last season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regardless of who it is they need 3 years

If they make the timid, stupid approach and hire Red without a national search, and he loses 20 games his first year, and shows he can't recruit any better than we do now, no thanks. I'm done.

jb is not leaving. his comments were so evident of person in denial. it is sad that he uses this celebratory occasion to make it about the support for him as well, i hope he announces his retirement. he will be forevever celebrated as the face of syracuse university and the city as well. get him on the networks an off the bench.

44%.

#BRAND.

But seriously, the way he’s talking he wants to run it back for at least one more year.

Do Wildhack, Syverud, BOT, etc have the stones to tell him that’s not an option, and they’re allowing him to retire right now?

I doubt it more and more.
Sigh.

This would literally be the best possible time for him to step aside.
We have no impact recruits we need to worry about losing.
(ND lost all their croots after Brey “retired”)

And the new guy can Pound The Portal to fill the talent gaps, which is something JAB has no energy or desire to do.

Every year we act like "just one more year!" After 2021 we were all "let's let the guy coach Buddy and Jimmy." Last year it was "well, he doesn't want to go out with a losing record and we have the 'best recruiting class in school history /s' coming in." And now it's, well we had an inspiring win against an 18-14/mediocre Wake where there were some nice speeches."

Prior to this weekend, I would have guessed that there was a pretty low probability. JB's recent comments in the media / overt defiance made it sound like he wouldn't be stepping away anytime soon.

But after yesterday's festivities, it seems like a perfect way to go out. A celebration of his pinnacle achievement, with a bunch of beloved players back in town, two jerseys hoisted up into the rafters, winning big at home after a difficult couple of losses, etc.

And a big crowd there to commemorate, setting aside the disappointing season.

Not quite a storybook perfect ending, but would be a pretty cool way to ride off into the sunset. I'm thinking more like 75% now.
I thought the same was possible until he didn't announce anything during the post game. I thought after all the 2003 and Gerry/Hak celebration was over it would have been a perfect occasion. Since he didn't I'm still sub 25%. I do think that we won't know it until after his last game and he won't make a big production about it. In other words, there's still a chance. Pretty sure he hasn't lost his last game yet.

I thought the same was possible until he didn't announce anything during the post game. I thought after all the 2003 and Gerry/Hak celebration was over it would have been a perfect occasion. Since he didn't I'm still sub 25%. I do think that we won't know it until after his last game and he won't make a big production about it. In other words, there's still a chance. Pretty sure he hasn't lost his last game yet.
Eh, that was their moment. It was obviously very important to him too but I think he was consciously trying not to upstage them on their special night.

The bigger question is if JB retires, do we have a better chance of our players returning next year?
Does that even matter really? Outside of Judah, who is frankly gone, and Jesse, who I can't imagine will come back, is there anyone that can't be upgraded from the portal?

Eh, that was their moment. It was obviously very important to him too but I think he was consciously trying not to upstage them on their special night.
I thought that they would announce, but once I was at the game, I realized it wasn't the best time for it. JAB will get his own night and retirement celebration next season. I'm sure a lot of players will be back for it and it will be a full house.

Does that even matter really? Outside of Judah, who is frankly gone, and Jesse, who I can't imagine will come back, is there anyone that can't be upgraded from the portal?
this time last year, no SU fans even knew who Judah was...all of the starting 5 can be upgraded from here

I really like Judah's game...but he is only now coming into his own as a PG and the team just lost 4 in a row with him and Jesse so...even if they leave, idk...next season can go in any direction (presuming additions)

FWIW, I think Jesse is good but his defense has been sub-par in the zone...he has a lot of good aspects to his game but his holes are important

You want to fire someone after a year fine, but you don't announce they get a one year trial period.

I don't want him hired in the first place. I don't think he's remotely close to the best candidate we could get. If he sucks his first year, ok I guess he gets a second year to suck, too. But this is about the worst hire we could make

I don't want him hired in the first place. I don't think he's remotely close to the best candidate we could get. If he sucks his first year, ok I guess he gets a second year to suck, too. But this is about the worst hire we could make
What if he goes 23-8 next year? Is it still the worst hire?

This a thousand times. I hope all the freshmen stay but let's not confuse this group with The Fab Five.

Zero point Zero.

He is definitely here next season

The ONLY way I'd be ok with Jim coming back is if its only one more year (without fail) AND Jesee and Mintz return and we get a significant contributor or two from the portal. Anything shy of all these things, Ill be terribly disappointed. Unfortunately, I'm bracing myself to be disappointed.

What if he goes 23-8 next year? Is it still the worst hire?

Of course not. What do you think the percentage chance of that happening would be? Ten percent?

You want to fire someone after a year fine, but you don't announce they get a one year trial period.

Yes, of course.

But do you remember that's what UConn did with Kevin Ollie after Calhoun bailed in August and it was too late to hire anyone else?

They gave him an initial contract only through the end of the season (Ward Manuel, I believe, was the AD at the time).

I would expect an internal hire like Red or Gmac to get a 3 year contract. But if they don't make the NCAAT either of the first 2 seasons they are likely to be replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom