QB for next year? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

QB for next year?

Either Muschamp or someone from the portal. Definitely not CDRW.
Muschamp needs a couple years of S&C before he could face the Clemson or Florida State defensive line. They would literally kill him. He only weighs 170 lbs, where I was reading about him. That's the size Jawahr Jordan was - as our QB.

Jawhar is a running back, not a QB...Probably just a typo...

Jawhar is a running back, not a QB...Probably just a typo...

No, that was my point. This site lists Whit Muschamp at 6-1, 170. That can't be our starting QB until he weighs at least 210. That could be 2 or 3 years. He's too small to be anything but a project.

No, that was my point. This site lists Whit Muschamp at 6-1, 170. That can't be our starting QB until he weighs at least 210. That could be 2 or 3 years. He's too small to be anything but a project.

Yeah he’s a “building the depth” chart prospect.

Well, considering he was buried on the depth chart at Michigan and Syracuse would lead us to believe so.

He can be used as a gadget player for us, but I highly doubt we see him as an every down QB for us.
He’s where he should be at TE. If he can keep putting it together he has a NFL future there.

I know we’ve got our sights and expectations aimed pretty high for our 2024 QB, but I wonder if we kick the tires on Kurtis Rourke.

He’s from Southern Ontario, his brother is a QB on the Jacksonville Jaguars roster, and he was the MAC player of the year in 2022 when he led them to a MAC Championship.

He was coming off a torn ACL prior to this season, and it looks like he took a statistical step back, but I think he can be a good QB for a P5 team.

I know we’ve got our sights and expectations aimed pretty high for our 2024 QB, but I wonder if we kick the tires on Kurtis Rourke.

He’s from Southern Ontario, his brother is a QB on the Jacksonville Jaguars roster, and he was the MAC player of the year in 2022 when he led them to a MAC Championship.

He was coming off a torn ACL prior to this season, and it looks like he took a statistical step back, but I think he can be a good QB for a P5 team.
From Ottawa. Easy drive to Syracuse. We need to recruit Canada better.

I am honestly pretty shocked that we haven't had a lot of smoke with our QB position like every other position on the field. QB is probably the most important position in football and we have an open spot for a starter I thought this would be at the top of the list. Maybe because Nixon isn't full-time yet? Just seems strange that this is a big area of need and haven't had any big movement yet on someone who can come in and start day 1.

I am honestly pretty shocked that we haven't had a lot of smoke with our QB position like every other position on the field. QB is probably the most important position in football and we have an open spot for a starter I thought this would be at the top of the list. Maybe because Nixon isn't full-time yet? Just seems strange that this is a big area of need and haven't had any big movement yet on someone who can come in and start day 1.
I am also shocked that we have been able to land/be in the running for quality WRs before the QB position is resolved. Wonder what his line is to WRs about the situation. One would think they would not commit unless they were convinced we had a plan

We have lost a QB in the portal and another who flipped his recruitment. You have to be wondering if they are thinking "maybe I should have stuck around with all those WRs SU is getting!"

We have lost a QB in the portal and another who flipped his recruitment. You have to be wondering if they are thinking "maybe I should have stuck around with all those WRs SU is getting!"
Huh?

For those of you speculating about a possible Steve Angeli transfer after ND's bowl game. Reminder that his high school coach is Nunzio's brother. If there was ever a back channel, that's it.
Interesting

For those of you speculating about a possible Steve Angeli transfer after ND's bowl game. Reminder that his high school coach is Nunzio's brother. If there was ever a back channel, that's it.
I think Coach Brown and staff are no fools. Staffs are trying to keep word of QBs they are working on getting quiet. The competition is fierce and it makes no sense to announce your intentions beforehand.

That said, here is a good article from March 2021 on Bergen Catholic and their three big stars. The names of those stars?

Jay Bellamy
Jaeden Gould
and
Steve Angeli

They all know each other well and have been playing with each other for many years.

Getting the gang back together has to be something that is being considered.

How do we know Angeli is p5 starting caliber? Being on NDs roster doesn’t mean much to me when we haven’t seen much out of SEC transfer QBs on our roster

His brother is a legend in Canada. They would show his preseason highlights during BC Lions games this past year. Has good genes. Lets make it happen!

His brother is a legend in Canada. They would show his preseason highlights during BC Lions games this past year. Has good genes. Lets make it happen!
As an Ohio grad I fully support this. Kurtis is a better passer than his brother who is currently on the Jags roster. He is not the scrambler his brother is but he is mobile. Those of you that went to the OU-SU game a few years back in Athens watched him play against the Orange that day. He is light years better than the UB kid. Has an offer from BYU and visits with Indiana and Wake.

I say we will this into existence.
we couldn’t make Mullen happen this way, need a different approach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom