QB for next year? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

QB for next year?

How do we know Angeli is p5 starting caliber? Being on NDs roster doesn’t mean much to me when we haven’t seen much out of SEC transfer QBs on our roster

Guessing our NJ coaches have a pretty good idea. But they can watch him in the bowl game too.

Had quite an offer list out of high school.

How do we know Angeli is p5 starting caliber? Being on NDs roster doesn’t mean much to me when we haven’t seen much out of SEC transfer QBs on our roster

You could say the same for any QB that hasn't started in the P-5. Should we not recruit HS QBs as well?

You could say the same for any QB that hasn't started in the P-5. Should we not recruit HS QBs as well?
You should, but if high schoolers aren’t ready then you go to the portal for a game ready, sure-fire add. Usually you don’t get a transfer unless you know they’re ready to contribute

You should, but if high schoolers aren’t ready then you go to the portal for a game ready, sure-fire add. Usually you don’t get a transfer unless you know they’re ready to contribute
And if this kids in the portal, I'm going to trust this staff's opinion on the kid. I feel the last staff took whoever they could get. I feel these guys can be much more selective. We'll see.

And if this kids in the portal, I'm going to trust this staff's opinion on the kid. I feel the last staff took whoever they could get. I feel these guys can be much more selective. We'll see.
OP is basically saying you don't gamble unless you know you can win, doesn't work that way. You do the best you can with what is in front of you and make the best decisions with what data you have available.

You win some you lose some on the recruiting front. Even a kid like McCord, will he be succesful at Syracuse or just a product of a great O Line and WR's at OSU? just don't know. I think it's safe to say that McCord is better than anything we have currently. Angeli bit more of a wildcard but I know where I would wager on him. I would say he's probably better than anyone we currently have as well. I also think Nunzio's brother being his HS coach, they have a pretty good idea with what they would be working with. again, there are NO GUARANTEES

How about Kurt Warners kid at Temple if we can’t get McCord? Two solid years of stats. But won’t scare off anyone else if he just lasts a year HCFB has Temple ties too. Or does he head home to Az?

How about Kurt Warners kid at Temple if we can’t get McCord? Two solid years of stats. But won’t scare off anyone else if he just lasts a year HCFB has Temple ties too. Or does he head home to Az?
I think he could be a good pick up. His father had crazy success throwing in a Dome. It's in his blood.

Yeah that kid looks legit... might be a little lightweight for ACC, but I would think he could put on 20 with right diet and lifting regimen.

Yeah that kid looks legit... might be a little lightweight for ACC, but I would think he could put on 20 with right diet and lifting regimen.
With legit receivers I think he’d put up big numbers here. He put up decent stats for Temple behind an awful line and he loves to throw the ball down the field just like his pops.

Does Braden Davis get overlooked for the starting job... he was a big transfer from South Carolina. Honestly I was surprised he didnt get more playing time towards end of the season when we had no one to throw the football.

Mark it down... 25' QB will be Nunzio's nephew out of NJ. Kid is a legit qb.
No he won't be. Fran didn't recruit his own son, we're not playing the nepotism game here.

If he was a legit QB, he'd have offers at this stage in the game. He doesn't even have a profile on the major services.

Does Braden Davis get overlooked for the starting job... he was a big transfer from South Carolina. Honestly I was surprised he didnt get more playing time towards end of the season when we had no one to throw the football.
I think the fact he did probably speaks volumes truthfully

Not sure he really was “a big transfer” or if we (and the old staff) just got enamored over an SEC guy we could actually land. Of course Sellers is the S.C. guy we really wanted.

No he won't be. Fran didn't recruit his own son, we're not playing the nepotism game here.

If he was a legit QB, he'd have offers at this stage in the game. He doesn't even have a profile on the major services.
Thumbs down

This guy

Attachments

• IMG_3469.png
    IMG_3469.png
    436.4 KB · Views: 60
McCord and Jakhari coming in next year. Standing on shaky ground with Davis and Del Rio-Wilson. MacPhail in the portal. Likely need to bring in a qb or two imo. We need bodies to help with practice and depth at the position. A walk on and maybe a guy to develop.

Did the Buffalo QB end up somewhere who was in the portal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom