Class of 2016 - QB Jamie Newman (NC) Verbal to Wake | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Jamie Newman (NC) Verbal to Wake

Moves very well for his size, seems to have good arm also. Has a slight shot-put motion on a couple throws but then others seem better. Wouldn't mind him picking the orange..

NFL size and then some right there.
Anyone remember this big boy QB from Kentucky who we played in a bowl game?
th

Anyone remember this big boy QB from Kentucky who we played in a bowl game?
th
Whoa there Toga, dude has a long way to go before he becomes the reincarnation of the Pillsbury Throw boy.

I'm trying to get a run down of what kind of player he is from someone who would hopefully know. He's got some strong offers so obviously he's got some talent...but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask someone down in that neck of the woods what they know about him.

I'm trying to get a run down of what kind of player he is from someone who would hopefully know. He's got some strong offers so obviously he's got some talent...but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask someone down in that neck of the woods what they know about him.

He plays near RW. This kid is very good. Saw him play a couple of times last year. If he is seriously considering SU, I would be excited.

He plays near RW. This kid is very good. Saw him play a couple of times last year. If he is seriously considering SU, I would be excited.
Is he another of those kids that if we get RW we become serious players for?

J you have been out in Earlham too long and have forgotten NC geography. Graham is located outside of Burlington...between Greensboro and Raleigh. Southlake is in Huntersville ...Charlotte area.

Also he may be good but he is playing on a 2A team that went 5-7 in 2013 and 6-7 in 2014.

Last edited:
J you have been out in Earlham too long and have forgotten NC geography. Graham is located outside of Burlington...between Greensboro and Raleigh. Southlake is in Huntersville ...Charlotte area.

Also he may be good but he is playing on a 2A team that went 5-7 in 2013 and 6-7 in 2014.

They are only 1.5 hours apart ... hell when I played high school hoops I traveled that far for games. In many states it is not uncommon for teams to play each other in such a wide radius.

They are only 1.5 hours apart ... hell when I played high school hoops I traveled that far for games. In many states it is not uncommon for teams to play each other in such a wide radius.

Graham plays mostly more rural schools in the area...Reidsville, Siler City, Alamance on the eastern side of Greensboro. SouthLake basically plays other Christian or Day schools in the Charlotte area. Two different conferences, two different areas.

Last edited:
Graham plays mostly more rural schools in the area...Reidsville, Siler City, Alamance on the eastern side of Greensboro. SouthLake basically plays other Christian or Day schools in the Charlotte area. Two different conferences, two different areas.

Geographically located - IMO - they are within a drive of each other. Only point I was trying to make.

Geographically located - IMO - they are within a drive of each other. Only point I was trying to make.

True but I think some people were getting the impression that they lived and played closer to each other and therefore had to know each other.

Not really into North Carolina geography (though I did play a nice Donald Ross course in Alamance last spring), so I won't participate in that.

But I was surprised to see us offer another QB while still waiting on Brown. Thought we were going to wait for Brown before doing anything else. If the rumored offer to Brotzki is also accurate, maybe they are sick of waiting on Brotzki and did this to put some pressure on him?

In any event, it seems more likely than ever that we are taking 2 QBs in this class. I wonder if we will have at least one verbal here before May 1st. With all the QBs verballing early, it would be great to have one in the pocket really soon.

Not really into North Carolina geography (though I did play a nice Donald Ross course in Alamance last spring), so I won't participate in that.

But I was surprised to see us offer another QB while still waiting on Brown. Thought we were going to wait for Brown before doing anything else. If the rumored offer to Brotzki is also accurate, maybe they are sick of waiting on Brotzki and did this to put some pressure on him?

In any event, it seems more likely than ever that we are taking 2 QBs in this class. I wonder if we will have at least one verbal here before May 1st. With all the QBs verballing early, it would be great to have one in the pocket really soon.
Agreed. I have no idea what to make of Brotzki...but JackBauer44 says that Newman is legit, and obviously he's got some outstanding, prototype size. If we can get Newman and Brown...that's a heck of a QB haul for this class. Add in Dungey and Womack, and that's a pretty terrific looking quartet of young QBs, at least on film.

So you're saying you want a pocket passer.

I was also surprised that they offered Newman because Hallenbeck seemed to get the idea during his visit that he would be the next QB offered if someone dropped off the board.

I really like this kid. Just from looking at the highlights and physical stature i'd take Newman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom