Class of 2016 - QB Jamie Newman (NC) Verbal to Wake | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Jamie Newman (NC) Verbal to Wake

Wasn't there another Jersey guy in the mix? Shamir White? I don't htink he has an offer, but he's a Madei kid and he's been up to campus for the spring game with a bunch of the other NJ guys (I think there were like 4 Madei guys together). QB spot seems pretty hot and crowded right now.

Am I crazy, or in his highlights does he look a hell of a lot faster than 4.87? He looks like he has some wheels, especially for his size.

Am I crazy, or in his highlights does he look a hell of a lot faster than 4.87? He looks like he has some wheels, especially for his size.

tumblr_mm6syj71J41qaz0qto1_1280.png

Its probably a legitimate 4.87. Not many guys actually run 4.5 or lower, all the 4.4s and 4.5s these recruits throw out there are normally bogus hand times. I mean Eskridge a seasoned DB that has been in a collegiate strength and conditioning program only ran a 4.63 at the combine.

His elusiveness for his size and ability to put his foot into the ground is very impressive and he is certainly fast enough.

Wasn't there another Jersey guy in the mix? Shamir White? I don't htink he has an offer, but he's a Madei kid and he's been up to campus for the spring game with a bunch of the other NJ guys (I think there were like 4 Madei guys together). QB spot seems pretty hot and crowded right now.
Are you thinking of Josh Commune a 2017 (or is it 2018?) kid? I know he is a Madei kid and a QB with solid highlights.

Are you thinking of Josh Commune a 2017 (or is it 2018?) kid? I know he is a Madei kid and a QB with solid highlights.
No, he's thinking of Shamir White. He visited for the spring game. Good looking athlete, not sure how good a QB he is. Seems more like a C-list plan at this point.

No, he's thinking of Shamir White. He visited for the spring game. Good looking athlete, not sure how good a QB he is. Seems more like a C-list plan at this point.

I really think the only 2 qb's we would accept a commitment from at this point are Brown and Newman. The rest may be put on hold until 1 or both of these guys decide.

I really think the only 2 qb's we would accept a commitment from at this point are Brown and Newman. The rest may be put on hold until 1 or both of these guys decide.
Yep. It feels like it's 1A Brown, 1B Newman, 2A Brotzki, 2B Jackson, and then everyone else just in a holding pattern.

I finally got a chance to watch some more of this kid's film...I like this guy. A lot. He looks to have all the tools to be a heck of a QB at the next level.

http://.com/jamie-newman-latest-qb-target-for-syracuse/

Jack Brotski, doesn't require a scholarship for him to be at Syracuse. His father Bob being an S.U. employee allows for the employee tuition benefits to pay his tuition. The jury is still out on Jack; let's see how he does leading CBA this season. The other 2 look much further along in their development.
jack brotzkir_rztS6G.jpeg

Would the NCAA allow that to be the case?

Wouldn't tuition then count as income and the Brotskis would have to pay taxes on the tuition? With the cost of an education at SU, that's not chump change. I'd want the scholarship. Unless you have to pay taxes on scholarships anyway, which I have no idea.

My wife works for another (cheaper) university and I'm getting a graduate degree without paying tuition, but we're going to have to pay the taxes on that tuition.

Wouldn't tuition then count as income and the Brotskis would have to pay taxes on the tuition? With the cost of an education at SU, that's not chump change. I'd want the scholarship. Unless you have to pay taxes on scholarships anyway, which I have no idea.

My wife works for another (cheaper) university and I'm getting a graduate degree without paying tuition, but we're going to have to pay the taxes on that tuition.
Yes this is correct

[QUOTE="jkm54, post: 1371779, member: 1385"]Wouldn't tuition then count as income and the Brotskis would have to pay taxes on the tuition? With the cost of an education at SU, that's not chump change. I'd want the scholarship. Unless you have to pay taxes on scholarships anyway, which I have no idea.

My wife works for another (cheaper) university and I'm getting a graduate degree without paying tuition, but we're going to have to pay the taxes on that tuition.[/QUOTE]
The difference here is the level of a degree; the IRS does not tax the undergraduate degree like they do the graduate degree. Because Jack would be at the undergraduate level there is no tax liability.

Ryan Bartow ‏@RyanBartow 8h8 hours ago
3-star QB Jamie Newman still hearing from #WestVa, #Duke, #Vandy & #WakeForest. Decision soon. http://24/7sports.com/Board/30/Contents/The-Opening-Regionals-resume-with-a-loaded-DC-event-36845294#M36858518… pic.twitter.com/nnow9wtS6S

5:42 AM - 19 Apr 2015 · Details
View photo

Funny how he doesn't even mention that we offered this week.

We are a bunch of Yankees up here, he only wants to acknowledge Southern schools apparently.

Well, that should at least knock Wake off the list for Brown, I would think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom