Class of 2017 - RB Markenzy Pierre (FL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Markenzy Pierre (FL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I rewatched the film to make sure I didn't miss something. Just not sure how people thing this kid doesn't have speed or nah saying this kid. 4.5 speed, solid as a rock, and plays against high level of kids.
I have a feeling we are so used to seeing the film of the kids playing against weaker opponents and the kid we are watching looks that much better.
I trust Dino and company, plus the WKU coach knows good offense kids.

I have a feeling we are so used to seeing the film of the kids playing against weaker opponents and the kid we are watching looks that much better.
Yeah, we're landing some kids that play at a pretty high level of highschool ball.

Its 7a but im not sure how good they are. Never heard of liberty before.

He diesnt look like a bowling greenesque back to me but we'll see

Why?
Because i believe he is a really good back. Watched some of last years games and he looked really solid. Not sure what the issue is. Ball security? Dont know but it is strange that he hasnt been playing.

Because i believe he is a really good back. Watched some of last years games and he looked really solid. Not sure what the issue is. Ball security? Dont know but it is strange that he hasnt been playing.
I believe he'd be getting the ball if the coaches were seeing what they want from him.

Agreed. Im not blown away and doesnt appear to be very fast.

He strikes me as plenty fast and quite shifty for a pretty big kid. I almost thought the opposite - his tape doesnt show him running real physically. I didnt notice a lot of broken/slipped tackles. As a counterpoint, look at the tape for that Adams kid. He was flat out mauling tacklers (and his school, I believe, also plays at a pretty high level).

Very happy with this development. Staff took the time to assess the current roster, make their own conclusions, identified a gap and went out and aggressively pursued a solution to it.

Pierre looks really solid - I'd expect him to be a 3 star ranked recruit before the cycle is over.

He already is a 3* kid.

Just watched the highlights came away impressed. Hits the hole well and seems to have good vision and hands. Speed was fine didnt see him get caught from behind. His level of ball beats anything in nys. Solid pick up.

Must Read.

Markenzy Pierre is the catalyst of Liberty’s offense

Pierre had an outstanding season. Playing in just 10 games, he led the county in regular season rushing with 1,677 yards – averaging more than 9 yards per carry and scoring 19 touchdowns on the ground.

He was also effective as a pass catcher, grabbing 17 passes for 325 yards. He averaged 19.1 yards per reception and scored four touchdowns.

Last edited:
Wow. That was impressive. If he ends up here, I would say he will be our most talented RB since Delone Carter. Speed, power, agility, size, vision...he appears to have everything you look for in a RB.

Must Read.

Markenzy Pierre is the catalyst of Liberty’s offense

Pierre had an outstanding season. Playing in just 10 games, he led the county in regular season rushing with 1,677 yards – averaging more than 9 yards per carry and scoring 19 touchdowns on the ground.

He was also effective as a pass catcher, grabbing 17 passes for 325 yards. He averaged 19.1 yards per reception and scored four touchdowns.

Thanks for posting, CL. That write up is from the end of last season. Evan so, as of start of October 2016, Pierre had nearly 1k yards and was the leading rusher in central Fla.

5-11, 218. I agree with CIL above. Reminds me of Jerome Smith.

High character kid. Really enjoying the upward trajectory. Another piece to the puzzle. The cake just got tastier. The Tower of Baber just got sturdier. I'm out of cliches and full of Orange hope.
Pre-med.
Impressive.

Wow. That was impressive. If he ends up here, I would say he will be our most talented RB since Delone Carter. Speed, power, agility, size, vision...he appears to have everything you look for in a RB.
Speaking of Delone the only other frosh to lead Syracuse in rushing is currently our third string RB.

Just watched the highlights came away impressed. Hits the hole well and seems to have good vision and hands. Speed was fine didnt see him get caught from behind. His level of ball beats anything in nys. Solid pick up.
I agree. He has "deceptive" speed. He doesn't look fast until you look at the players that he's running away from. Keep in mind that he plays in Florida 7A.

Its impressive that his team stinks and he put up good numbers, figuring every defense keyed on him.

His league is really not that good though. Theres one big boy team in Osceola.

It's great that he's committed. If he winds up here, he will always be part of the SU family. But the hyperbole does the kid no favors. He's clearly a work in progress. His recruitment so far is evidence of that. The staff is taking a flyer in part because they missed on other kids. He's going to boost our numbers, especially since some RBs already in the program may not be playing that position or may not be around at all next year. Hopefully he works out and becomes a star. But at this point I think we can put the Delone Carter talk away.

The staff is looking for a kid who is big enough to break arm tackles at the line of scrimmage and rumble for 9 more when the S/LB are preoccupied with our passing game. He fits the bill perfectly.

The kid from michigan is your speedy cut-back guy. Maybe.

Check Rivals, Scout and ESPN and get back to me.
maybe when they actually watch the kid he will too. 247 has him as a 3 star

the coaches have gone after some pretty high ranked kids, someone must have tuned them into a kid on a bad team in a bad league for them to see him enough to offer him. and bad leagues in florida is all relative when you are talking schools that size. he has a nice cut back and out runs he dbs he is playing against.

we dont have a rb who can make those cuts right now. highlights also tend to be big plays not the 3-5 yd gains where he uses power. saw this in a Miami site

Pierre has a good balance and power with speed to break long runs (not take it to the house but good for 20 - 40 yd chunks at a time against FBS Talent he avg 9.1 YPC), but just as importantly he has good hands coming out of the backfield. He will also throw a few decleating blocks as well which is rare for a running back that is the best player on his team. He supposedly ran a 10.9 sec 100 meters as a sophomore and has a 3.5 gpa so grades won't be an issue.

these are some of the FL schools that play at that level Lakeland, Tampa Plant, Viera, St Thomas AQ., Columbia, etc. that he made all state against.

he had 1000 yds thru sept.. then had 300 and 2 tds on Oct 16 and 315 and 3 tds last week so thats 1700 yds and 21 tds with two games left this year. the team cant throw at all so he does everything.

on the miami site they mentioned it. they also said it was before he got so big. he ran 11.7 last year at this size, 23.6 200 and 20 ft long jump in 10th grade. so he doesnt have blazing speed

1. We are not taking a "flyer" on this kid, we don't have room for that anymore.
2. Dino > anyone here, I'll trust Dino.
3. Kid is fast and strong.
4. We are no longing in need of a top tier RB as our offense needs more help from QB/WR/OL now.
5. Us talking a kid up on the boards is not going to hurt a kids performance.
6. This board seriously bi-polar we went from waaaaaaaay over valuing recruits for about 4 years to nit picking a really good RB.
7. In before someone else brings up JF...

1. We are not taking a "flyer" on this kid, we don't have room for that anymore.
2. Dino > anyone here, I'll trust Dino.
3. Kid is fast and strong.
4. We are no longing in need of a top tier RB as our offense needs more help from QB/WR/OL now.
5. Us talking a kid up on the boards is not going to hurt a kids performance.
6. This board seriously bi-polar we went from waaaaaaaay over valuing recruits for about 4 years to nit picking a really good RB.
7. In before someone else brings up JF...
The funny thing is I feel the board's often skeptical of the highschool commits but JUCO commits get drooled over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom