Class of 2014 - RB Naesean Howard West Genesee H.S. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Naesean Howard West Genesee H.S.

Is it because of the numbers at the back position that SU isn't interested in Rouse or grades? The kid has put up some monster numbers and the quality of football isn't that bad, is it and if it were, is it because Howard is bigger and a junior?
This is just speculation, but the kid has put in alot of runs over the past couple of years. Running backs seem to get a limited number of runs before their bodies wear down. They may feel that he has been worked too much. Also, he just may not fit the physical requirements that DM and staff want in a running back.

Is it because of the numbers at the back position that SU isn't interested in Rouse or grades? The kid has put up some monster numbers and the quality of football isn't that bad, is it and if it were, is it because Howard is bigger and a junior?
We're taking Gus and most likely Laray in a class with limited scholarships. There's no room for him in this class. Howard is 2014. Also, Rouse is smaller than Steve Rene.

This is just speculation, but the kid has put in alot of runs over the past couple of years. Running backs seem to get a limited number of runs before their bodies wear down. They may feel that he has been worked too much. Also, he just may not fit the physical requirements that DM and staff want in a running back.

Shelf life of an aluminum bat, eh?

We're taking Gus and most likely Laray in a class with limited scholarships. There's no room for him in this class. Howard is 2014. Also, Rouse is smaller than Steve Rene.

I'd like really good/great athletes and it is possible those guys could play LB and Wr as well. I see your point but Rouse is a lot stronger than Rene.

I went to West Genny and I may have save 5 wins in my total 4 yr time there. This is pretty crazy to me
i graduated in 02 from wg and pretty much agree, 5 wins tops

I'd like really good/great athletes and it is possible those guys could play LB and Wr as well. I see your point but Rouse is a lot stronger than Rene.
we aren't moving gus/laray to another position to accommodate Rouse because he's a local kid. silliness.

Tell you what guys, the most explosive back I have seen in this area this year is the Gore kid from Nottingham. That kid is major league breakaway threat. I've seen him twice this year and he was on another planet from the others on the field.

Tell you what guys, the most explosive back I have seen in this area this year is the Gore kid from Nottingham. That kid is major league breakaway threat. I've seen him twice this year and he was on another planet from the others on the field.
What grade is Gore in?

we aren't moving gus/laray to another position to accommodate Rouse because he's a local kid. silliness.

You have an interesting way of reading posts, seem to always in attack/defend mode. I didn't say because of Rouse I just mentioned they would be quite good at other positions as well.

Didn't we heat the same argument about Shady's use of Ray Rice? He seems to be doing pretty well on Sundays.

Didn't we heat the same argument about Shady's use of Ray Rice? He seems to be doing pretty well on Sundays.
I said it was only speculation, I have no idea what the coaches are thinking. But, you can find exceptions to just about any rule, but I would feel safer if our coaches went with the conventional thinking on this subject unless the prospect in question is far and away better than anyone we have on the roster.

You have an interesting way of reading posts, seem to always in attack/defend mode. I didn't say because of Rouse I just mentioned they would be quite good at other positions as well.
I read your post incorrectly, my apologies. If we miss on Laray (which i highly doubt) i still don't think we'd offer, though. Too many running backs and if we've offered Howard for 2014 no need to take on Rouse.

I read your post incorrectly, my apologies. If we miss on Laray (which i highly doubt) i still don't think we'd offer, though. Too many running backs and if we've offered Howard for 2014 no need to take on Rouse.

No problem it's just the second I saw you respond to one of my posts and you are close to what I've wrote but seemed to disagree at the same time...my wife still has the same problem with me and I've known her for a "couple" of years now.

Yeah, I understand the number crunch and not having that luxury of having a plethora of rb's when you always need talented help/recruits all over the field.

For those that have seen him play...Is Rouse a talented back that is good no matter what or does he just benefit from a strong system/o-line with wide open holes? Isn't Nick Robinson from the same school, I wonder how much insight he could give regarding reading holes and comparing him to the current guys on his team.

Foolishness not to recruit Rouse......................:bang:

The coaching staff at BVille have run Rouse to the ground. His body will never last and that is why many schools haven't recruited him.

A lot of rb's carry the ball 30-40 times in hs, why would Rouse be any different?

He looks a lot stronger than Howard, who is faster?

A lot of rb's carry the ball 30-40 times in hs, why would Rouse be any different?

He looks a lot stronger than Howard, who is faster?

Howard plays multiple positions at a very high level - flexibility
Howard is explosive, as is Rouse

I think class and versatility play a big part