Class of 2014 - RB Naesean Howard West Genesee H.S. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Naesean Howard West Genesee H.S.

I plan on going to the Dome to see Bville vs CBA. Can't wait to see Rouse vs a very good CBA defense. Anyone else going?

Mike Hart. Ran a million times in hs.

not really as he gained large chunks in bunches,plus many games he was done before halftime. the kid should have destroyed the all-time yardage record

not really as he gained large chunks in bunches,plus many games he was done before halftime. the kid should have destroyed the all-time yardage record
True, he wasn't tackled that much, but I thought he did destroy the record.

One of the proudest moments of my high school career: Blind siding Hart on a punt return. He juked right into me. He didn't play after that. Of course, OCS was up by 40 and it was the 2nd quarter, he had no need to...but I'll keep telling myself it was because of my hit.

One of the proudest moments of my high school career: Blind siding Hart on a punt return. He juked right into me. He didn't play after that. Of course, OCS was up by 40 and it was the 2nd quarter, he had no need to...but I'll keep telling myself it was because of my hit.
Dude, it's true. I was there. I seen it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

True, he wasn't tackled that much, but I thought he did destroy the record.
Hart had a chance to break the national career rushing record of 11,232 yards that has stood since the 1950's by a Texas school boy named Kenneth Hall who played for Sugarland.

Mike's coach could have left him in games that were blow outs but he didn't. Hart could have easily smashed Hall's records.

Mike's total was 11,045 leaving him in second place all-time.

Six decades later, everyone is still chasing Texas rushing legend Ken Hall

Foolishness not to recruit Rouse......................:bang:
I did some research in other recruiting databases and learned that Rouse has very little interest from any schools. Not surprised that Scout doesn't even have him listed.

I did some research in other recruiting databases and learned that Rouse has very little interest from any schools. Not surprised that Scout doesn't even have him listed.
I was at a high school game the other night and a guy said he stood next to Tyler. Claims he's 5'2" That can't be true. He looks to me to be about 5'6" from photos and videos.

Is there any chance if we have an open scholly we take a flyer on him. In all reality, we get Augustus and LaRay, he's not really needed.

Is there any chance if we have an open scholly we take a flyer on him. In all reality, we get Augustus and LaRay, he's not really needed.
It seems that this staff is not big on flyers, unless the kid has the physical dimensions and athletic ability to fit in a number of positions.

I was at a high school game the other night and a guy said he stood next to Tyler. Claims he's 5'2" That can't be true. He looks to me to be about 5'6" from photos and videos.
I don't have a problem with a 5'6" RB if he can he has the speed too hit a HR once in a while.

BTW, I caught the end of the WG -vs- CBA game and noticed that Howard was on the side lines. Did he get hurt or coaching decision?

2011 All CNY Team

10334072-large.jpg

L-R Mike Vavonese, Christian Brothers Academy,
Tyler Rouse, Baldwinsville, Naesean Howard, West Genesee,
Diamond Williams, Watertown

RUNNING BACKS
Naesean Howard, West Genesee
Running back, sophomore
Next up: Junior year.
Season stats: 1,440 rushing yards, 24 touchdowns.
Best moment of the season: Being more than a good team and bonding with my brothers.
Strangest moment: Losing to Binghamton.
Your style of play: Don’t be cocky, just be confident, and thank God for every play you get.
Jersey number: No. 5 because of Chris Johnson.
Favorite food: Fried chicken and McDonald’s.

Tyler Rouse, Baldwinsville
Running back, junior
Next up: Senior year. Being recruited by Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Notre Dame and South Carolina.
Season stats: 1,868 rushing yards, 24 touchdowns, 2,300 all-purpose yards.
Best moment of the season: Beating Liverpool.
Pregame ritual: Eating a sub and saying a prayer.
Your style of play: Power and speed.
Prized possession: My offensive line and my cleats.
Jersey number: No. 32 because I liked how it looked.
Favorite food: Anything that’s in front of me.

no flyers this year. not enough scholarships.

6,000 plus yds (Career) , Your research is faulty

Meanwhile...he has no offers.

Seems like a nice kid and a tough runner but apparently he isn't D-1 caliber.

He could have 10,000 yards but that doesn't change the fact he's shorter than Steve Rene and he doesn't have any offers. I'm sure he's a great kid and maybe he'll do well somewhere but it's not going to be SU unless he walks on.

no flyers this year. not enough scholarships.
I think Laray coming is still mucho speculation. I sure as hell hope so. We need some speed on this team, especially in the backfield.

He could have 10,000 yards but that doesn't change the fact he's shorter than Steve Rene and he doesn't have any offers. I'm sure he's a great kid and maybe he'll do well somewhere but it's not going to be SU unless he walks on.
Just go back 1 thread Page and look at 2011 CNY All Star Team, What the hell doe's height have to due with running back.

Just go back 1 thread Page and look at 2011 CNY All Star Team, What the hell doe's height have to due with running back.
Howard is in stocking feet and he is still about 4 inches taller than TR.

for everyone who has said stuff about naes and tyler... i played on the team with naes when we went 10-0 and won a section three championship. although when he was younger he had a mishap with the police. he is a completley different kid. he is one of the most respectful people i have ever met in my entire life. he has good grades and has his head on straight. his work ethic is through the roof. hes an amazing kid and i would trust the dude with my life. hes one of my friends and was one of the best teammates i ever had the pleasure of playing with. Same with his brother sean.

the reason SU wants Naes and not Rouse is because while they both have impressive runningback careers, SU needs corners as well. MY ASSUMPTION is that SU wants Naes for his defense, as they just took Ashton Broyld from rush Henreieta last year for running back. Naes will get his shot at SU as a RB but i see him being a corner in college. Hes great on both sides of the ball and will be a weapon for any team that takes him.

On the other hand... Rouse is a very versatile running back. Ive had the pleasure of playing against him, as well as play indoor football with him. Hes also a great kid. Rouse is getting looked at by rutgers and schools such as those because they simply mold runningbacks.

The two of them are both great athletes. Naes will always have my vote as the better running back not only because he is bigger and faster, but because he is one of my good friends who i would do a lot for. Its been amazing to watch this kid grow from what he was to what he is now. Hes a great kid and we will all find out soon just how much we can appreciate his talents rather than Rouse's if/ when he is playing up on the hill for the home town team.