Class of 2014 - RB Naesean Howard West Genesee H.S. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Naesean Howard West Genesee H.S.

No problem it's just the second I saw you respond to one of my posts and you are close to what I've wrote but seemed to disagree at the same time...my wife still has the same problem with me and I've known her for a "couple" of years now.

Yeah, I understand the number crunch and not having that luxury of having a plethora of rb's when you always need talented help/recruits all over the field.

For those that have seen him play...Is Rouse a talented back that is good no matter what or does he just benefit from a strong system/o-line with wide open holes? Isn't Nick Robinson from the same school, I wonder how much insight he could give regarding reading holes and comparing him to the current guys on his team.
ive played AGAINST Rouse... he benefits from the system because its all about power running and he has the speed and strength for the sysetem. at the same time he wouldnt have led the country in touchdowns if he didnt have significant talent. hes a great player

Jdk...thanks for thoughts on these two guys. I agree with your opinion although I admit you are biased because of your friendship with Naesean. He is fortunate to have some good friends like yourself. We need to keep the best local guys here if we are ever going to turn this thing around and from what I have been reading he could help.

Legitimate question. What does height have to do with being a good running back? This is a real question. Now, its one thing if he is 5'2". But I just looked at the heights of starting RBs in the NFC south and the AFC north- I did this because I knew Doug Martin and Ray Rice were in there. One RB was 6'0". That was Isaac Redman. Martin is LISTED at 5'9" and Rice at 5'8". Rice is also listed at 212. Ray's legs are enormous, which means he probably is a legit 212 (they never underestimate weight) and probably means he may be 5'7". Or shorter. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think half of the board still cries themselves to sleep at night thinking about what could have been with Ray. Football coaches are obsessed with measurements. The problem is for some reason with running back everyone gets caught up with height. Now I have never seen Rouse play. But to rush for that many yards he must have some skills. Would defer to some of the locals whether or not he is D1 talent but I would not be scared away by height. Napoleon (not Kauffman, the French dude) wasn't.

Legitimate question. What does height have to do with being a good running back? This is a real question. Now, its one thing if he is 5'2". But I just looked at the heights of starting RBs in the NFC south and the AFC north- I did this because I knew Doug Martin and Ray Rice were in there. One RB was 6'0". That was Isaac Redman. Martin is LISTED at 5'9" and Rice at 5'8". Rice is also listed at 212. Ray's legs are enormous, which means he probably is a legit 212 (they never underestimate weight) and probably means he may be 5'7". Or shorter. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think half of the board still cries themselves to sleep at night thinking about what could have been with Ray. Football coaches are obsessed with measurements. The problem is for some reason with running back everyone gets caught up with height. Now I have never seen Rouse play. But to rush for that many yards he must have some skills. Would defer to some of the locals whether or not he is D1 talent but I would not be scared away by height. Napoleon (not Kauffman, the French dude) wasn't.

Height to me is one of the least important factors for a RB. A couple of of the most enjoyable RBs we've had--and two of the strongest, I might add--were Joe Morris and Malcolm Thomas. I think Thomas was about 5-6. Maybe. But what a freaking tough inside runner that guy was.

Height to me is one of the least important factors for a RB. A couple of of the most enjoyable RBs we've had--and two of the strongest, I might add--were Joe Morris and Malcolm Thomas. I think Thomas was about 5-6. Maybe. But what a freaking tough inside runner that guy was.
I am not sure why the staff may prefer their running backs a bit taller, but it seems that it would provide versatility to move to other positions, if need be. So many kids want to come in and be the featured back, but after a couple of years, they may not be cut out to be a featured back and they can move to a position of need and see the field. There aren't too many other positions a 5'-6" kid can play.

I've never questioned
I am not sure why the staff may prefer their running backs a bit taller, but it seems that it would provide versatility to move to other positions, if need be. So many kids want to come in and be the featured back, but after a couple of years, they may not be cut out to be a featured back and they can move to a position of need and see the field. There aren't too many other positions a 5'-6" kid can play.
a good player's size but speed concerns are legitimate. Both Morris and Thomas had an element of power in their running along with a no question amount of speed.Thats my only real concern. If the kid can get through the LOS; can he get home?:noidea:

An SU backfield with 5'4" Tyler Rouse and 6'4" Ashton Broyld. Quite the discrepancy.

"Taller" gives the opportunity fo growth with muscle mass making power an option while maintaining speed if its there in the first place.

nas already has offers from the following, Ohio st. Oklahoma, Pitt, Nebraska, BC,PSU and us, SO FAR. And Syracuse is his "dream school, however that said he's concerned if they're ever going to win here again so who know where he'll decide to go.

Everybody raves about him. The one game I saw was against CBA where they keyed on him so he didn't do much that game which surprised me as a kid with offers like that usually takes over games and that didn't happen. That said he is still a junior and another year of seasoning and working out will get him that much better, I could see the good instincts and will watch him next year.

Out of curiosity, how did those big time programs hear about him? Camps, showcases?
alls I can say is this. Gonna do a combined response to you and syresq.

I didn't believe it either especially having seen the one game I have of him. But I believe my sources. Also, I'm a former WG guy, played football and did some things there and beyond which keeps me in the football loop, now work in healthcare in the area treating all sorts directly related to the school in all capacities of all types. In this day and age no stone is left unturned and big programs hear of big time kids. Also, he played with his brother last year who was getting some looks so he got some more exposure this way. This one we can take to the bank. Just hoping he stays high on us.

nas already has offers from the following, Ohio st. Oklahoma, Pitt, Nebraska, BC,PSU and us, SO FAR. And Syracuse is his "dream school, however that said he's concerned if they're ever going to win here again so who know where he'll decide to go.

Everybody raves about him. The one game I saw was against CBA where they keyed on him so he didn't do much that game which surprised me as a kid with offers like that usually takes over games and that didn't happen. That said he is still a junior and another year of seasoning and working out will get him that much better, I could see the good instincts and will watch him next year.

Not too sure where you're getting you're sources lol. His offers are from SU Nebraska and Utah. That's it so far. I have his number and am constantly in contact with him...

And if you think he played bad against CBA this year that's because he had zero and I mean ZERO offensive line. Go look at out game vs. CBA in the dome last year and let me know you're opinion afterwards. He's the most unreal running back to ever come out of this area. You will see. I promise you that

And if you think he played bad against CBA this year that's because he had zero and I mean ZERO offensive line. Go look at out game vs. CBA in the dome last year and let me know you're opinion afterwards. He's the most unreal running back to ever come out of this area. You will see. I promise you that
Is he still a Syracuse lean? He did mention that SU was/is his dream school.

There is no way Naesean has all those offers. I thought they interviewed him the other day - pre sectional game - and they talked about the SU offer and he never mentioned those other offers - and I don't believe it's because he modest either.

My niece is friends with him at Genny, I'm going to have her ask him.

alls I can say is this. Gonna do a combined response to you and syresq.

I didn't believe it either especially having seen the one game I have of him. But I believe my sources. Also, I'm a former WG guy, played football and did some things there and beyond which keeps me in the football loop, now work in healthcare in the area treating all sorts directly related to the school in all capacities of all types. In this day and age no stone is left unturned and big programs hear of big time kids. Also, he played with his brother last year who was getting some looks so he got some more exposure this way. This one we can take to the bank. Just hoping he stays high on us.

You may be right but I'm just curious why neither rivals nor scout (nor their respective local recruiting experts) list these offers?

You may be right but I'm just curious why neither rivals nor scout (nor their respective local recruiting experts) list these offers?
actually jdk was more on than me, recently re checked with my WG source(s) who've backtracked a bit, so add BC to his list and that's the offers. The others are waiting in the works. Sorry for the misinformation, but that's what was said.

actually jdk was more on than me, recently re checked with my WG player source who backtracked a bit, so add BC to his list and that's the offers. The others are waiting in the works. Sorry for the misinformation, but that's what was said.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. The Nebraska offer is impressive.

TURNUP €SCO@NaesHoward5
Whoever is posting on my Syracuse recruiting page obviously has no idea what they're talking about haha

618px-Trollface_HD.png

What grade is Gore in?
His full name is Derrick Gore. Class of 2013. He plays RB for Nottingham. 5'9 190 pounds. Ran for 1525 yards and 17 TDs this season, 9.9 ypc. Late bloomer who really played well down the stretch of his senior season.

Runs track too. PR in the 100m is 11.70. That is quite fast but not state finals level. Laray Smith for example has a PR of 10.73 in the 100m.

He would like to go to SU, has big dreams. Seems like a good kid.

Story on Derrick

If I were him, I would seriously consider going to a prep school. With another year to mature, he might well be able to get a full scholarship at a D1 school. I would think if his grades are decent, he has scholarship opportunities right now.

11846198-standard.jpg

His full name is Derrick Gore. Class of 2013. He plays RB for Nottingham. 5'9 190 pounds. Ran for 1525 yards and 17 TDs this season, 9.9 ypc. Late bloomer who really played well down the stretch of his senior season.

Runs track too. PR in the 100m is 11.70. That is quite fast but not state finals level. Laray Smith for example has a PR of 10.73 in the 100m.

He would like to go to SU, has big dreams. Seems like a good kid.

Story on Derrick

If I were him, I would seriously consider going to a prep school. With another year to mature, he might well be able to get a full scholarship at a D1 school. I would think if his grades are decent, he has scholarship opportunities right now.

11846198-standard.jpg
Thanks for the info, Tom. He isn't listed in either of the prominent recruiting databases. As you suggested, prep school might be his best option.