Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it's important to remember that tomorrow marks the start of the evaluation period. This means coaches can visit (within some limitations) prospects.

Let us all appreciate how critical this is.
How could we not?

So, it's important to remember that tomorrow marks the start of the evaluation period. This means coaches can visit (within some limitations) prospects.

Let us all appreciate how critical this is.

Just in case some on here get confused they are not visiting the prospects they are visiting their HS coaches and/or administrators. This is strictly an evaluation of athletics and/or academics.

Just in case some on here get confused they are not visiting the prospects they are visiting their HS coaches and/or administrators. This is strictly an evaluation of athletics and/or academics.

I'm pretty sure that head coaches are not allowed to hit the road during this period as well..

I'm pretty sure that head coaches are not allowed to hit the road during this period as well..

Thanks. That is true also...

~ During spring evaluation period (April 15 through May 31), FBS head coach or head coach-in-waiting may not:  engage in off-campus recruiting,  participate in off campus coaching clinics,  visit a prospective student-athlete's educational institution, or;  meet with a prospective studentathlete's coach at an off-campus location.

The way the rules are set up by the NCAA if the Washingtons still feel that they need a face to face with Shafer or any of the other Syracuse coaches they have to make the trek to Cuse.

NO. Officials are not allowed until after school starts his Senior year.

Hmmmm. So what can/should the coaches be doing to prove maximum interest while remaining within the NCAA guidelines?

Which is why I specified "within the limitations."

This isn't about RW specifically, but I do throw out my prediction for him at the end. Also, it's running down some other RB options should he go elsewhere: http://.com/what-does-su-do-if-robert-washington-goes-elsewhere/

By the way - I was just told by someone from TOS, that he's been told head coaches are not allowed to participate in the evaluation period visits. So that means Shafer is not allowed to travel to NC to see Robert.

By the way - I was just told by someone from TOS, that he's been told head coaches are not allowed to participate in the evaluation period visits. So that means Shafer is not allowed to travel to NC to see Robert.

Really...

Really...
That's what this person told me, as is his understanding. Who knows, though. Maybe he got bad information, or maybe it's accurate. But from what he's been told, only assistants are permitted to make these trips during the evaluation period.

That's what this person told me, as is his understanding. Who knows, though. Maybe he got bad information, or maybe it's accurate. But from what he's been told, only assistants are permitted to make these trips during the evaluation period.
you should read the thread...particularly post #1780

Ah. Well, first of all, obviously I spend a lot of time in this thread. But when you've got nearly 1800 posts, some are going to slip by you.

Having read that post, I would put every single coach except HCSS on a charter to visit this kid. HCSS participates via Skype if allowed.

For the record - I think this comes down to a battle between two old friends in Shafer and Harbaugh. TCU as the potential spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom