Recruiting Q&A | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Q&A

Yes, Francis...you are The Guru...appreciate all your hard work and keeping us in the loop. Great site too!

Word is that he's very high on Kansas but SU has shown a lot of interest in him for a few months now. He has performed well in front of the staff this season and looks to be their current #1 target for the PG spot in 2013.
This is what I've heard as well.

Francis is this your fulltime job? I assume its not and this is just a hobby of yours but I could be completely wrong but anyway I'm totally jealous lol.

Off the wall question - there is a chance we could be really thin and weak at PG next year, comparatively speaking. Plus, all the good PGs in this year's class have committed.

Any chance we pick up a JUCO PG as insurance?

Hey Francis. Is Yukon still a major player in the recruiting wars. Seems like we are now competing with the Kentucky's and the OSU's of the world. Does Yukon being limbo hurt them and the fact that they don't seem to have a great succession plan. BTW, I hope Yukon loses every game the rest of the season.

Francis...appreciate your work and insight...this is great and leaves a terrific good feeling for the next upcoming recruiting seasons

Off the wall question - there is a chance we could be really thin and weak at PG next year, comparatively speaking. Plus, all the good PGs in this year's class have committed.

how are we thin at PG next year? even without Dion we have Triche and MCW

dude, Francis, awesome job! Let me know if things ever get serious with Meeks and I'll try and check him out here in Charlotte. Is he plan C?

Awesome thread and great work Francis. Truly a blessing to have you on board for people like myself who don't always have time to look for the answers. I miss Mason of course but we are very fortunate to have people like you and OEyes around here.

Francis is this your fulltime job? I assume its not and this is just a hobby of yours but I could be completely wrong but anyway I'm totally jealous lol.
Nah not a full-time gig but I've been pondering some thoughts in that direction as far as the future is concerned.

Nah not a full-time gig but I've been pondering some thoughts in that direction as far as the future is concerned.
Ahhh I see well if you need a kickass assistant I can be that guy.

My next blog entry will be about the best guards available that SU could possibly look at. I don't know much about the Juco's, but I'll do my research on that department. So look out for that in the next few days.

My next blog entry will be about the best guards available that SU could possibly look at. I don't know much about the Juco's, but I'll do my research on that department. So look out for that in the next few days.
so you are doing these every Wednesday night at 6 or so?

Hey Francis. Is Yukon still a major player in the recruiting wars. Seems like we are now competing with the Kentucky's and the OSU's of the world. Does Yukon being limbo hurt them and the fact that they don't seem to have a great succession plan. BTW, I hope Yukon loses every game the rest of the season.
Winning the chip last season has helped them get their juice back. Before that it was looking pretty bad in the recruiting department for the puppy dogs. Kevin Ollie, who seems to currently be their version of Hop, has been doing a good job keeping them in play with various top prospects.

dude, Francis, awesome job! Let me know if things ever get serious with Meeks and I'll try and check him out here in Charlotte. Is he plan C?
Yup, I would group him in that 2nd tier of bigs after Noel/Anya. He likes Maryland and G-Town but that could change as time goes along.

scoutsfocuslogo_normal.JPG
scoutsfocus Joe Davis

6'6 2014 SF Dante Buford of Oakwood (NC) said he has been hearing from Iowa lately. Also said he is expecting UCONN & 'Cuse to come see him.
Anything on Buford?

so you are doing these every Wednesday night at 6 or so?
Nahhh man we can't talk about the Nerlens and Goodluck's of the world every week :) I'll do another one in April unless you guys want to do this again sooner than that???

scoutsfocuslogo_normal.JPG
scoutsfocus Joe Davis

6'6 2014 SF Dante Buford of Oakwood (NC) said he has been hearing from Iowa lately. Also said he is expecting UCONN & 'Cuse to come see him.
Anything on Buford?
Never heard of him before now. Will keep him on my radar though to see if SU indeed shows any interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom