Recruiting Q&A | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Q&A

Here are a few names I've heard thrown around:

Chris Walker - Any chance at all?

Guards
Jaquel Richmond
Jaquan Newton
Are they good enough to be 1 or 1A options?

Check the response to edowd for Ennis and Paulie P for the bigs. As far guards some names to remember are Stanford Robinson, Al Freeman, Dayshon Smith. Once the AAU season kicks offs in a few months, then some more names will pop up.

2013 and don't hold me to this lol
PG-Ennis
SG-TBD
SF-Jefferson
PF-Goodluck/Tyler Roberson
C-Noel(2012?)/Anya

Thanks! Love that 13 line up!

If we don't get Ennis, what guard do you think we end up with in the 2013 class?
That will play out as the spring comes along. Stanford Robinson is an interestiong name look out for. He plays for Team Takeover and the H.S. that Red used to coach for. Red has been checking him out for awhile now. It's been quiet on the Al Freeman front, so I don't have anything new on that department.

Thanks for all the input Francis! I can't really follow any recruiting other than reading board and watching vids so its much appreciated to have input from someone who's really paying attention has good ins with the program and knows how things work.

obokoh or goodluck? which one is better? Im actually not a fan of either as both seem to be paint players but are built for the four...yet neither have a mid-range jumper. Neither seem to have a build capable of adding significant weight. Is it fair to say that both are a poor-man's Warrick? The reason I think they dont measure up to Warrick is because neither possess the athleticism Warrick had...or the wingspan.
I like Obokoh upside a little better. I think he's going to blow up with the Albany City Rock this spring/summer. Not really a big Goodluck fan but if he can bring Noel along then it's all good :)

Francis, thanks for the updates. I was wondering about the perception of SU on the road. What are kids and coaches perception of the program? Are we one of the "Elite Schools" in their mind? Are you also hearing anything about the move to the ACC and does it have any effect on recruiting? Finally, who are the coaches recruiting the hardest and are they recruiting at need basis or just taking the best players out there?
1)Definitely "elite"
2)The ACC move hasn't changed anything much as far as recruiting is concerned.
3)Noel, Ennis, Anya, Vonleh, Jefferson, Dakari Johnson are some of the notables in 13-14. Obviously all fits the need of certain skills that are required in the SU system.

Francis, gun to your head, who we getting in '13?
Same as I said to Jordoo

PG-Ennis
SG-TBD
SF-Jefferson
C-Noel(2012?)/Anya

Things will change when AAU season kicks around in April so that list will definitely change. What do you think about Rondae Jefferson?

Been hearing from Kearney administration that the staff is said to be very high on Obokoh for 2013. I used to think he was a "B" list kid myself but beginning to think he might be a late developer that SU always seems to find. Coach B is watching he and Thomas Bryant 2015 live tonite

[URL='http://syracusefan.com/#!/RocDevo'][URL='http://syracusefan.com/#!/RocDevo']RocDevo Jeff DiVeronica [/URL][/URL]

#Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim & Villanova's Jay Wright courtside to see Bishop Kearney vs. Aquinas showdown in Rochester tonight

P.S. Hop is also there

Here are a few names I've heard thrown around:

Chris Walker - Any chance at all?

Guards
Jaquel Richmond
Jaquan Newton
Are they good enough to be 1 or 1A options?
No shot at Walker. He likes Florida, Kentucky, and Kansas.
Love both Richmond and Newton. I think Newton has the higher upside and the Philly H.S./AAU connects doesn't hurt as well.

Maybe a dumb question but if anya wanted to commit right now and it meant not getting noel would the staff do that, always wondered how that worked

Is whitehead realistic to get
Trying to land a kid from Lincoln usually leaves JB with the following reaction lol
JB and Big Paul2.jpg

Although he won't be here for a long time, is Briscoe essentially in the bag?

Maybe a dumb question but if anya wanted to commit right now and it meant not getting noel would the staff do that, always wondered how that worked
Won't matter if Noel becomes 2012 but if it's 2013 then it'll most defintely put the staff in an awkward spot.

Same as I said to Jordoo

PG-Ennis
SG-TBD
SF-Jefferson
C-Noel(2012?)/Anya

Things will change when AAU season kicks around in April so that list will definitely change. What do you think about Rondae Jefferson?
I'll take rondae all day son!

Although he won't be here for a long time, is Briscoe essentially in the bag?
Like our chances but 2015 is sooooo far away. His family wants him to do his due diligence before making any decisions.We'll see how this one plays out. May the negative recruiting from others begin. As JB said back in November "We'll kill them all"

Francis this is very cool of you, and much appreciated, thanks

Many thanks Francis, or as I think of you, Mason II
I'm honored by that. Mason is a great guy with lots of b-ball knowledge, who I was fortunate enough to meet at a few events before he called it quits on the recruiting scene.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom