Recruiting Q&A | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Q&A

If we don't get Ennis, what guard do you think we end up with in the 2013 class?

Word is that he's very high on Kansas but SU has shown a lot of interest in him for a few months now. He has performed well in front of the staff this season and looks to be their current #1 target for the PG spot in 2013.
also the feb 11 game with about 30,000 peoples may help change his mind.

obokoh or goodluck? which one is better? Im actually not a fan of either as both seem to be paint players but are built for the four...yet neither have a mid-range jumper. Neither seem to have a build capable of adding significant weight. Is it fair to say that both are a poor-man's Warrick? The reason I think they dont measure up to Warrick is because neither possess the athleticism Warrick had...or the wingspan.

obokoh or goodluck? which one is better? Im actually not a fan of either as both seem to be paint players but are built for the four...yet neither have a mid-range jumper. Neither seem to have a build capable of adding significant weight. Is it fair to say that both are a poor-man's Warrick? The reason I think they dont measure up to Warrick is because neither possess the athleticism Warrick had...or the wingspan.
goodluck is athletic as .. He isn't as tall as warrick and isn't skilled but he's very athletic.

do Coleman and Fab impact Noel's decision?

Francis, thanks for the updates. I was wondering about the perception of SU on the road. What are kids and coaches perception of the program? Are we one of the "Elite Schools" in their mind? Are you also hearing anything about the move to the ACC and does it have any effect on recruiting? Finally, who are the coaches recruiting the hardest and are they recruiting at need basis or just taking the best players out there?

goodluck is athletic as ****.. He isn't as tall as warrick and isn't skilled but he's very athletic.

Im not going to disagree with you but Warrick was literally a freak. Both Goodluck and Obokoh are projects (in the same way warrick was) but I see a shorter ceiling. I just think that our recruiting is in such a position that both would be considered secondary options. Plus, Goodluck has benefited from offering weakside help for Noel...and that's noteworthy.

The BABC 4 IMHO
Noel 50/50
Goodluck 50/50
Brantley 40/60
Selden is too early to tell. Big fan of his though and the staff has watched him quite a few times already. So we'll see if he gets an offer in the future.
What does the BABC 4 mean?

Im not going to disagree with you but Warrick was literally a freak. Both Goodluck and Obokoh are projects (in the same way warrick was) but I see a shorter ceiling. I just think that our recruiting is in such a position that both would be considered secondary options. Plus, Goodluck has benefited from offering weakside help for Noel...and that's noteworthy.
i think chinonso and goodluck are secondary options.
1. Noel
2. Anya
the rest.. boom

How do we look with Ennis?
Who is our priority @ guard?
After Noel which big are we persuing the most?

Gut feeling who is in our 2013 class?
Check the response to edowd for Ennis and Paulie P for the bigs. As for guards some names to remember are Stanford Robinson, Al Freeman, Dayshon Smith. Once the AAU season kicks offs in a few months, then some more names will pop up.

2013 and don't hold me to this lol
PG-Ennis
SG-TBD
SF-Jefferson
PF-Goodluck/Tyler Roberson
C-Noel(2012?)/Anya

Okay...but what is BABC--an acronym?

I don't know but Michael Carter Williams played for them as well. You can see a really young Noel in some of MCW's aau video clips. There is one in particular where MCW hits a half-court shot right before half-time and I believe Noel is the first to congratulate and lift him with a bear hug. That bodes well I think.

who is our next commit?
Only Tim Tebow knows that one ;) The only serious target who could make a decision next is Noel if he decides become 2012.

I don't know but Michael Carter Williams played for them as well. You can see a really young Noel in some of MCW's aau video clips. There is one in particular where MCW hits a half-court shot right before half-time and I believe Noel is the first to congratulate and lift him with a bear hug. That bodes well I think.
they are good friends.

thanks, edowd...cool looking dog...I have a white and black French Bulldog...Angus Young. Your dog is a Boston Terrier puppy?

thanks, edowd...cool looking dog...I have a white and black French Bulldog...Angus Young. Your dog is a Boston Terrier puppy?
I have two now... that one in the picture is 2 now... and walter the other one is 13 weeks. I love Frenchies. Brachycephalics are the best looking dogs.

I have two now... that one in the picture is 2 now... and walter the other one is 13 weeks. I love Frenchies. Brachycephalics are the best looking dogs.
Yeah, Angus has a lot of health issues (like most brachycephalics) but he's a great dog. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, Francis. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, Angus has a lot of health issues (like most brachycephalics) but he's a great dog. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, Francis. Thanks for the info!
how old?

hey francis, does the staff have a preference between chris mccullough and Vonleh, or would they be willing to take both?
The staff loves Vonleh the most outside of Noel regardless of class. They definitely would take both if possible imo, but I'm not counting on landing both.

Francis, gun to your head, who we getting in '13?

How about we have DC2, and Jgrant

how bout we add Gathers, and Jefferson and lets do it

Kentucky does it all the time. Never understood why we cant ever have a class like that
91709123.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom