Recruiting Updates | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

It was not the delivery fee we had a quarrel with it's that there was just to be one delivery charge no matter how many pizzas you ordered. Let's just say the delivery charge was $3, what Frank did to us is he'd charge $15. instead of $3. He probably figured we were just dumb kids.
well if you ever saw Uncle Franks dad house you would know where all that money went! I agree that is just plain wrong and to be honest they are kind of an odd bunch!

Yup. A friend went to work there delivering pizza's. He told me about a scam the owner was pulling on the public. He would put a delivery charge on each pizza. When we called him on it he wouldn't make amends. That was the end of our ordering anything from him ever again. Instead we went to Arturo's down the street.
Where was Arturo's?

On James St about two-three blocks east of Frank's on the south side of the street
I thought so. I won a couple of their pizzas on radio contests. I thought they had a pretty good product.

Pizza can be a lot like basketball. Even though you have all the right ingredients available, sometimes they still don't deliver.

Numbers of our guys from this past weekend.

EYBL Session Four Stats

Malachi Richardson 4 games-18.7PPG, 47% FG 25-53 overall, 7RPG, 2.2APG, 36% 3PT 7-19 overall, 81% FT 18-22 overall.

Tyler Lydon 4 games-8.2PPG, 33% FG 12-36 overall, 6.5RPG, 2.7APG, 2.2BPG, 23% 3PT 3-13 overall, 75% FT 6-8 overall. Lydon's Albany City Rock team didn't qualify for the Peach Jam finals in July. He ends his EYBL season averaging in 14 games 10.4PPG and 7.1RPG.

Franklin Howard 5 games(limited to less than 10 minutes in 3 games)-4.6PPG, 45% FG 10-22 overall, 2.8RPG, 2.4APG.

Moustapha Diagne 4 games-10.6PPG, 55% FG 16-29 overall, 11.3RPG, 2.3BPG.

Tyus Battle 4 games-10.5PPG, 36% FG 17-46 overall, 5.2RPG, 31% 3PT 6-19 overall.

Jamal Murray 4 games-10.2PPG, 38% FG 14-36 overall, 4.7RPG, 5APG, 35% 3PT 6-17 overall, 70% FT 7-10 overall.

Kassoum Yakwe 4 games-6.5PPG, 45% FG 11-24 overall, 6.5RPG, 2.5APG, 2.7BPG.

Georgios Papagiannis 5 games-5.6PPG, 41% FG 14-34 overall, 5.6RPG, 1.4BPG.

It's not a good look for the 7 footer Papagiannis when Frank hardly plays and puts up comparable numbers lol.

Or it is a good look for Frank :)
Most definitely. The team was being cautious still with his minutes since they had to play 5 games in 3 days. In the games that he has played about 20 minutes in his production have been very good. I would expect him to be his old self again when the HS season starts in the fall.

Most definitely. The team was being cautious still with his minutes since they had to play 5 games in 3 days. In the games that he has played about 20 minutes in his production have been very good. I would expect him to be his old self again when the HS season starts in the fall.

I like it. Could be a major gem in this class.

Yo Tee, AWMKY, or anybody else, I'm going to need a new fly background design with King Moustapha added in with the other commits now. It'll be much appreciated as always.

The last big white stiff center SU had they won a championship with so maybe big George can recreate that for SU...lol I would personally love to have Jones cause I don't think we have a wing with his skill set but I still believe it will be Bryant. Thank you Tee, Francis and everyone else for all your updates! I have always followed SU basketball recruiting and the people on this board make it so much easier to follow!

Anybody see the latest Zags article on DJones?

Myers said Jones will “definitely go see Syracuse” as well.

Myers is his AAU coach.

Anybody see the latest Zags article on DJones?

Myers said Jones will “definitely go see Syracuse” as well.

Myers is his AAU coach.
The plot, it thickens.

I love this kid I hope they find a way to squeeze him into this class.

I'm with you on this one. I don't have anything other than my viewings of his highlights to go on, but I think Jones is going to blow up.

I don't see how we can pass on another big (Bryant) to close this class out for 2015. Christmas won't be here. Chino lost a year of eligibility, DC2's health is not a sure thing. Jones would play the 3 and we have MikeG, BJ, Richardson and Lydon and Roberson who can play there.

I don't see how we can pass on another big (Bryant) to close this class out for 2015. Christmas won't be here. Chino lost a year of eligibility, DC2's health is not a sure thing. Jones would play the 3 and we have MikeG, BJ, Richardson and Lydon and Roberson who can play there.
But how does this play out? We technically don't have any available spots at this point. Will Bryant wait until next April to decide? What about Jones? From what I am reading here they are both going to play out their recruiting process for a while, but April 2015 seems like a long time to wait to see if a spot will open up on Syracuse's roster.

I think we already have our big for the class in Diagne. Unless the staff told him he was recruited to play the 4. If that is the case and were still looking for a true center I would much rather take Papagiannis if possible. That said im guessing Diagne was recruited to play the 5, so I think if a spot is open then Jones could be our man.