Recruiting Updates | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

When it comes to ACC comp, UNC is building a nice class but Duke could potentially blow them out of the water as they are currently the favs for top 10 players Tyus Jones, Kevin Looney, and should be a finalist for Jahlil Okafor. The good news for us is that we'll still have plenty of talent to deal with them and are recruiting at a high level as well.

When it comes to ACC comp, UNC is building a nice class but Duke could potentially blow them out of the water as they are currently the favs for top 10 players Tyus Jones, Kevin Looney, and should be a finalist for Jahlil Okafor. The good news for us is that we'll still have plenty of talent to deal with them and are recruiting at a high level as well.
Much appreciated, brother. I have been on snooze for a while, have barely been checking zagsblog. But I know the latest will be here either way, and that, I never miss. :)

That Duke class would be killer. I read where Tyus Jones and Okafor will definitely be going to school together, but we know that doesn't always pan out. And Looney looks like a beast. If they land that class and then K works his magic and gets Jabari Parker to come back (won't happen), that would be one formidable team.

That Duke class would be killer. I read where Tyus Jones and Okafor will definitely be going to school together, but we know that doesn't always pan out. And Looney looks like a beast. If they land that class and then K works his magic and gets Jabari Parker to come back (won't happen), that would be one formidable team.
And Jabari is just the kind of kid with the right attitude to come back in order to try and win. Man, I hope Tyus Okafor package doesn't work out now.

To be honest I wouldn't be shocked if Parker comes back for his sophomore year. He's a very bright high academic kid that values education and unless he's guaranteed the 2nd pick after Wiggins, he might not be in a rush to leave.

To be honest I wouldn't be shocked if Parker comes back for his sophomore year. He's a very bright high academic kid that values education and unless he's guaranteed the 2nd pick after Wiggins, he might not be in a rush to leave.
Good point, he could be the top pick in the following year's draft. That would be sick.

Cliff Alexander is also rumored to be part of that package deal with Okafor and Tyus, as Alexander and Okafor both play for Mac Irvin Fire together in AAU

Cliff Alexander is also rumored to be part of that package deal with Okafor and Tyus, as Alexander and Okafor both play for Mac Irvin Fire together in AAU
Starting to smell a bit like Kentucky to me.

Alexander will end up at either UK, Mich St, or Illinois. Doubt he plays with Okafor in college imho.

"A man has to do what he gotta do to land these recruits" Crean
Yeah, but this?

tomcrean.jpg