Recruiting Updates | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

St. Anthony pulled away from Newark East Side. Markis McDuffie of St. Ants can play (CJ clone) and typical Hurley Sr team. Spread out the floor, good passing when they need it. They'll be hovering around the TOC this year but at least 5 or 6 other schools have a legit shot at the state title.

The high school I coach football at is hosting the High School OT tourny in NC that has Giles vs Maker(s) tomorrow. Wish I was back there to see it.

Make sure he washes his hands when done!

oo.gif

Video of Djuricic.

Like his game. Seems very solid on D, doesn't seem to leave his feet unnecessarily when going for blocks and has good timing. Plus, he plays with a guy who wears a CJ-style headband, so he's obviously being groomed for success.

Djuricic looks pretty quick for a big guy and certainly showed good instincts for the ball on defense and off the glass. I really liked that on offensive rebounds the ball was going right back up with no hesitation. He seems to have a very good well rounded base of skills although in some portions of that clip you can see that he's not comfortable with all of them at game speed yet. A freshman? WOW! He may really develop into something special especially if grows another 2-3 inches. Doesn't look to get loads of lift off the floor but did see pretty quick off the floor.

Thanks Jeke and Francis! Great stuff and much appreciated. I believe the Battles saying they may decide after this season is a new tidbit and may bode well for us.

Semi OT but I didn't want to create a thread just for this. Francis, Aiken and St. Patrick's School might face a post season ban for a fight at the end of a recent game.
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...te-tournament-ban-after-california-ejections/
Video is there and I feel like these guys are getting ripped. I watched it and thought the guy just basically fouled Aiken (not that bad) but proceeded to walk up on him while he was down and start trouble. I don't know if I have this wrong, but that is just garbage the whole incident.

Semi OT but I didn't want to create a thread just for this. Francis, Aiken and St. Patrick's School might face a post season ban for a fight at the end of a recent game.
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...te-tournament-ban-after-california-ejections/
Video is there and I feel like these guys are getting ripped. I watched it and thought the guy just basically fouled Aiken (not that bad) but proceeded to walk up on him while he was down and start trouble. I don't know if I have this wrong, but that is just garbage the whole incident.
Tbh Tee, I thought Aiken was pretty much at fault. Yeah the kid who fouled him was looking at him but I didn't think it was anything serious or over the line. Aiken got things started by kicking the kid prompting the near brawl. All Aiken had to do was just get up and go about his business. The adults/coaches did a good job separating everybody making sure things didn't escalate much worse. I just don't understand how the other team was able to shoot 6 free throws and get the ball back, when Patrick School was fouled and the other team had guys pushing n shoving as well? The tourney was in Cali against a home team, so yup seems like some home cooking went down out there.

Tbh Tee, I thought Aiken was pretty much at fault. Yeah the kid who fouled him was looking at him but I didn't think it was anything serious or over the line. Aiken got things started by kicking the kid prompting the near brawl. All Aiken had to do was just get up and go about his business. The adults/coaches did a good job separating everybody making sure things didn't escalate much worse. I just don't understand how the other team was able to shoot 6 free throws and get the ball back, when Patrick School was fouled and the other team had guys pushing n shoving as well? The tourney was in Cali against a home team, so yup seems like some home cooking went down out there.
I didn't see the kick but I def have to look more at it. Tough break man, and I hope they don't get tossed from the TOC.

I didn't see the kick but I def have to look more at it. Tough break man, and I hope they don't get tossed from the TOC.
I just watched it again. Basically Aiken falls to the ground and his legs are in the way of the kid that fouls him. The kid looks down at Aiken for a second or so but glances up and Aiken kicks him while he's still on the ground and that's when everything started to escalate.

I just watched it again. Basically Aiken falls to the ground and his legs are in the way of the kid that fouls him. The kid looks down at Aiken for a second or so but glances up and Aiken kicks him while he's still on the ground and that's when everything started to escalate.
And there it is
http://zagsblog.com/articles/st-pat...ting-banned-from-new-jersey-state-tournament/
Banned from post season TOC. To be honest Francis, not loving this decision and still no word of any consequences to the other team. We seem to be taking home cooking to a new and stupid level!

And there it is
http://zagsblog.com/articles/st-pat...ting-banned-from-new-jersey-state-tournament/
Banned from post season TOC. To be honest Francis, not loving this decision and still no word of any consequences to the other team. We seem to be taking home cooking to a new and stupid level!
I think that's garbage to penalize the whole team like that. If you want to ban the players that were suspended then fine, but I think it's unfair to the rest of the kids who weren't involved and had done no wrong when the incident took place.