Rio2016 Basketball Thread... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Rio2016 Basketball Thread...

Durant was horrible. He's such a front runner. He should've had 30.

I have to say that I'm getting a lot of satisfaction at seeing a stat nerd ball favorite like Draymond Green basically carrying Melo's bags here. Things look a little different when Aaron Afflalo ain't on that wing for one guy and Steph Curry for the other.

He and Irving were Awesome. No one else could make a shot. I haven't seen the earlier games. Guess I better read about it. That was close!

Love Carmelo.
:rolleyes:

He and Irving were Awesome. No one else could make a shot. I haven't seen the earlier games. Guess I better read about it. That was close!

Love Carmelo.
:rolleyes:

Give Austrailia credit, they played really well today, they will be a tough out for anyone, Melo and Irving were both great.

Durant was horrible. He's such a front runner. He should've had 30.

I have to say that I'm getting a lot of satisfaction at seeing a stat nerd ball favorite like Draymond Green basically carrying Melo's bags here. Things look a little different when Aaron Afflalo ain't on that wing for one guy and Steph Curry for the other.

if-team-usa-doesnt-win-gold-nba-memes-kevin-durant-3255298.png

This team isn't that great. Cousins is pitiful and hardly plays a lick of defense. Maybe if he would drop 20-25 lbs he could move his fat a@@ on D and also block some shots. Green and Thompson look burned out from the playoffs. They should have took the high road like Curry did and pass on the Olympics this time around.

This team isn't that great. Cousins is pitiful and hardly plays a lick of defense. Maybe if he would drop 20-25 lbs he could move his fat a@@ on D and also block some shots. Green and Thompson look burned out from the playoffs. They should have took the high road like Curry did and pass on the Olympics this time around.

Lots of elite guys sitting this one out...Lebron, Curry, Leonard, Davis, Westbrook, Paul...not nearly as loaded of a team as 08 and 12. Klay has been awful.

Favored by 23 1/2 against Serbia, won by 3. Favored by 30 against Australia, won by 10. I may have to come out of gambling retirement.

Meanwhile, good for Carmelo for his positive attitude, but this reads as if he's given up on ever winning an NBA ring. Carmelo Anthony would be happy with 3 gold medals and no NBA ring

Unless he randomly gets traded midseason to Cleveland or GS, his best hope would seem to be getting a "Gary Payton on Miami" type ring before he retired.. It's not happening in NY, and he's 32 so his days of being a superstar have to be numbered.

Carmelo had another huge hoop tonight late in the game...and then weirdly didn't touch the ball the last two possessions...two awful possessions that gave Serbia a crack to tie it.

Really won't be overly surprised if this team gets knocked off. No half court offense at all. Just iso and everyone else standing around with someone jacking up a shot. And just terrible effort on D.

That said they'll still probably sleepwalk to a gold.

Last edited:
Really won't be overly surprised if this team gets knocked off. No half court offense at all. Just iso and everyone else standing around with someone jacking up a shot. And just terrible effort on D.

That said they'll still probably sleepwalk to a gold.

The D was maddening at times. Just look at the last possession...2 guys on the ball and the wing wide open to take a potential tying 3. Inexcusable.

The D was maddening at times. Just look at the last possession...2 guys on the ball and the wing wide open to take a potential tying 3. Inexcusable.

That open three was compliments of Draymond Green. Why would you double a guy 40 feet from the basket and leave their best shooter wide open?

Btw, if you substitute LeBron for Durant in this game, we blow Serbia out. Durant isn't strong enough to play these bigger Euros on D near the basket. And they killed us at times on the boards.

That open three was compliments of Draymond Green. Why would you double a guy 40 feet from the basket and leave their best shooter wide open?

Btw, if you substitute LeBron for Durant in this game, we blow Serbia out. Durant isn't strong enough to play these bigger Euros on D near the basket. And they killed us at times on the boards.
BTW, LeBron didn't want to go to Rio.

BTW, LeBron didn't want to go to Rio.

I know that. All I'm saying is that this is a game where having LeBron would have changed the dynamics considerably. Durant is tall, but he is not strong enough under the rim with these big Euros. We tried going small and it didn't work very well.