Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

Congrats to one of the all-time greats on an outstanding career at SU. I had been worried that he might hit the portal in search of a team with big NIL $$$. He was openly critical of how he had been used in the final game a year ago and we all knew that he could have been used more effectively this year. I wasn't sure how he viewed that.

No problem at all with him declaring for the draft nor any problem with him sitting out the bowl. If the OC and DC can leave before the bowl, no reason for Sean to play.

Will always root like crazy for him at the next level and will be proud to wear my Sean Tucker shirt when doing so. 34 is the new 44.

I heard locally [in Minneapolis] that the Minnesota RB plans to play.

Banging head against the wall.

But congrats / best wishes to Sean Tucker.
Wants to improve his draft stock with a big bowl game? I sure hope we can stop him.

If he stays at SU, I hope he becomes a billionaire.

If he goes to the NFL, I hope he becomes a billionaire.

If he transfers, I hope he fumbles 75 times and averages 2 yards a carry, all with good health of course, and uses his college degree to become a successful and productive citizen.

Wants to improve his draft stock with a big bowl game? I sure hope we can stop him.
Big bowl game does zero for his stock. He is close to a milestone record at Minny (I read that, at least) so that might be driving the decision

I’ll never forget that spinning on his back “near tackle” touchdown his first season. Special player with a bright future.

It was fun watching him play, thanks #34.

Now get healthy and show those NFL guys what you've got and see you on Sundays.

To ST, thanks for playing for Syracuse. I enjoyed watching you play from your first play to the last. Sure, I wish you would stay in Orange, yet I understand you have to make the best choice for you in your life. All the best.

To Brent Axe' comment above, nice cherry picking for a cheap shot. It's easy to make fake points when you conveniently leave out facts. Let's forget that the seasons were shorter, kids only played three years on the varsity squad, and more detailed points about the lines they played behind. Never-ending truth when you can score a cheap point and grab a few extra clicks on your articles.

For those that rationalize a bowl game as meaningless, careful what you wish for. Almost every regular season game is meaningless after September by that same logic.

Performance incentives or obligations need to be standardized across the board… and I think something of this sort will eventually happen… or bowl games will eventually fizzle out when fans stop bothering to travel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom