Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

I said bowl games should be a reward for an extra game the following season week 0. I don’t care if players after a long season don’t want to play a meaningless game.
Sean Tucker will be a 3rd round pick and by his second year ready to be a contributor in the NFL. It will depend on the team if he can contribute as a rookie. He can pass block and it will great to see him heal up and get healthy at the combine.

For those that rationalize a bowl game as meaningless, careful what you wish for. Almost every regular season game is meaningless after September by that same logic.

Performance incentives or obligations need to be standardized across the board… and I think something of this sort will eventually happen… or bowl games will eventually fizzle out when fans stop bothering to travel.

As long as it's on TV...

He was offered the opportunity and turned it down
But that was after he had said he would take it if offered. It seemed like the university dragged their feet, probably too worried about getting their own payday, and missed their opportunity.

To ST, thanks for playing for Syracuse. I enjoyed watching you play from your first play to the last. Sure, I wish you would stay in Orange, yet I understand you have to make the best choice for you in your life. All the best.

To Brent Axe' comment above, nice cherry picking for a cheap shot. It's easy to make fake points when you conveniently leave out facts. Let's forget that the seasons were shorter, kids only played three years on the varsity squad, and more detailed points about the lines they played behind. Never-ending truth when you can score a cheap point and grab a few extra clicks on your articles.
I missed that until I saw your comment. What a moron.

He was offered the opportunity and turned it down

I have nothing to base this on beyond vague rumblings, but I strongly suspect that IF he was offered the 44, it was with the understanding he would not be able to recoup the same NIL $ he could with the 34 because SU had the trademark on the 44 and would have insisted on keeping the $.

I cant blame him for the choice he made, but I suspect SU didn't make it a very hard financial decision, and I wish they had done more to make it worth his while.

I said bowl games should be a reward for an extra game the following season week 0. I don’t care if players after a long season don’t want to play a meaningless game.
Sean Tucker will be a 3rd round pick and by his second year ready to be a contributor in the NFL. It will depend on the team if he can contribute as a rookie. He can pass block and it will great to see him heal up and get healthy at the combine.

That makes it even worse. You're now playing a game the following season with a different team (even more different than current optout/portal situations) and it doesn't count towards the new/current season. Talk about absolutely no reason to play anyone whatsoever. Why in God's name would any player of note play if it literally did not count towards record?

I have nothing to base this on beyond vague rumblings, but I strongly suspect that IF he was offered the 44, it was with the understanding he would not be able to recoup the same NIL $ he could with the 34 because SU had the trademark on the 44 and would have insisted on keeping the $.

I cant blame him for the choice he made, but I suspect SU didn't make it a very hard financial decision, and I wish they had done more to make it worth his while.
Dino said it during an interview.

I'd be interested to know how the trademark would come into play.

I'm not sure I'd want the university calling in favors (or de-registering #44, if they have it trademarked) to convince someone to take 44.

Syracuse owns the property rights to all things SU, even ST's #34. There should be no difference, if a player is wearing SU gear, SU should get a cut, if not, SU should not get a cut.

But that was after he had said he would take it if offered. It seemed like the university dragged their feet, probably too worried about getting their own payday, and missed their opportunity.
The university absolutely dropped the ball but Sean wasn’t taking the 44 opportunity until the NIL implications were larger and more apparent.

SU didnt capitalize and he felt he had more going with his own brand.

SU BLEW that but it was questionable based on marketing whether he’d ever take it anyways

The university absolutely dropped the ball but Sean wasn’t taking the 44 opportunity until the NIL implications were larger and more apparent.

SU BLEW that but it was questionable based on marketing whether he’d ever take it anyways
Crazy times

Had everyone involved been smart about it, his NIL opportunties with it could have dwarfed what it was with 34. A lot of people don't want to buy a new jersey every year. People could have bought his and still wanted to wear it in 5 years because it's still 44. Let him keep every dime from all of the jerseys with his name. Then the university could sell generic 44 stuff with no name and keep that for themselves. It didn't have to be all that hard. Too bad. It could've been fun.

Florida player just blew out his knee down 0-30 in a meaningless game. If you have ANYTHING at stake, it’s dumb as hell to play in these bowl games.
What you consider meaningless may be meaningful to someone else.
I don't know anything about the guy you're talking about, but clearly, playing in the bowl game meant something to him.

What you consider meaningless may be meaningful to someone else.
I don't know anything about the guy you're talking about, but clearly, playing in the bowl game meant something to him.
Yeah, these kids take that chance every time they walk onto the field (or for that matter, every time they walk onto the practice field).

Calling them out when you know literally nothing about them is, well, unfortunate to say the least

What people fail to remember is that Tucker is taking care of his team. Oh, not his Syracuse team. His family team. His mom and dad and siblings if he has them. That is his #1 team
I have no idea what his pros and cons were or how he weighted them. I don't know how long he thought about it or who he discussed the decision. It doesn't matter. It was his decision and he doesn't owe anyone on this board an explanation how or why he came to it. He seems like a thoughtful guy, so I think he probably thought long and hard about it. I suspect that he may share this before or during the bowl game. But, maybe not.
Regardless, I thank him for the thrill of being able to watch him play for SU. He was special in an SU uniform. I wish him the best success.

Good for him and hope he does great things up to his abilities! He does that he will represent himself and SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY PROUDLY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom