Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's putting a lot of pressure on Richardson, and though I think he's going to be a great player for us he will still only be a freshman. I can see it already, if Cooney is struggling again next year, Richardson will be blamed for not being as good as advertised and not providing another 3 point shooter to free up Cooney.

We hold high standards, and thats a good thing. But its also good to mention the reality that this isn't high school ball anymore, and these are young ball players with alot of room to grow.

Asking a player to try to do something for the good of the team is one thing, but assuming he will change within 3-4 months if ever is all Hope.

Last edited:
Difference is Mali's game is not one dimensional and he won't only rely on shooting 40% from 3 to make an impact. Can't speak for others but I feel if Cooney was mainly a role player off the bench then maybe the heat that he takes wouldn't be so bad. It's the fact that he's a two year starter that plays basically the whole game, so you gotta expect to catch some heat when you're not producing or have the inconsistent results that he has. Same goes for anybody in the same situation not just Cooney, but like I said that's just from my perspective.

Hard for guards to be looked at as leaders on the defensive end of the court in our zone, its a rare thing. I like to look at whether they are a true 3rd option that can step up and be a 1st/2nd option 50% of the time. Otherwise I tend to consider them 4th options on the court. And I think even more pressure is put on our guards because our center spot tends to be inefficient offensively(boy its great to have Xmas).

Triche is a good example of this for me. A good defender his senior year, but only a true 3rd scoring option at moments late his senior year when he showed some isolation. If he didn't have fair southerland and mcw he would have been in a rough position like cooney as well. Same could be said about paul harris, pretty solid ball handler, good defender as a guard, but he had his rough points to play much guard, because he lacked the scoring as a pg,sg,sf. If he had a jumpshot he could have been better then dion, or a stat stuffer like mcw in the nba.

meanwhile a guy like josh pace never took much heat because we never expected him to be much better then a 4th-5th scoring option.

Last edited:
Nasty little crossover (0:49 mark and after), but that shot. Oh doctah, that shot.
th_shaqoohhh.png

Spoiler

Midway through 3rd quarter, TCA holds a narrow 39-38 lead.
Edit: St. Benedict's leads by 1 early in the 4th quarter. From following a play by play, looks to be back and forth lead changes. Play by play does not usually display a player's name when there is a score.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoiler

Late in the game, TCA fights to get within 1, but St. Benedict's answers and now up by 5...
And again Trenton Catholic gets back to within 2 points. Not even sure this game is over.

SPOILER!

And we're tied at 58! Francis03 this should be a nice little replay if fios1 has it in a week or so. Benny's get the ball back and score to go up 60-58 and TCA answers again. Back and forth we go. To OT. Wow! Give it up, I think that's the second time TCA takes a national caliber team in Imhotep and St. Benedict's to the end of regulation.

TCA falls 75-68 in what looked to be everything you'd hope for in a battle between 2 competitive basketball teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
SPOILER!

And we're tied at 58! Francis03 this should be a nice little replay if fios1 has it in a week or so. Benny's get the ball back and score to go up 60-58 and TCA answers again. Back and forth we go. To OT. Wow! Give it up, I think that's the second time TCA takes a national caliber team in Imhotep and St. Benedict's to the end of regulation.
Kevin Maloney‏@KevMaloney33 14m14 minutes ago
Malachi Richardson hits a nifty scoop shot down the baseline w/ 30 sec left to force OT. 60-all between TCA and St. Benedict's.

St. Bennie's ended up winning 75-68.:(

Kevin Maloney‏@KevMaloney33 14m14 minutes ago
Malachi Richardson hits a nifty scoop shot down the baseline w/ 30 sec left to force OT. 60-all between TCA and St. Benedict's.

St. Bennie's ended up winning 75-68.:(
Ha, I edited mine wayyyyy after this! But about Mali, I swear it. I was going to "guess" in a post that I bet Richardson tied it up. Kid is going to have many of those big shots soon in CNY.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/2686865/
TCA
Richardson 18 points
Myles Powell 29 points
St. Benedict's
Trevon Duval 21 points

Three kids that are just born to score the ball. Francis, our man Myles had 7 threes.
View attachment 32307
I'm too lazy to look it up but Tee can you let me know what offers or schools are recruiting Powell? Doesn't have great size for a 2, but he can definitely fill it up. I forgot to tell you the guard we liked that played with T-Rob at RC, Saintil is now in JUCO. Will be interesting to see where he ends up next.

I'm too lazy to look it up but Tee can you let me know what offers or schools are recruiting Powell? Doesn't have great size for a 2, but he can definitely fill it up. I forgot to tell you the guard we liked that played with T-Rob at RC, Saintil is now in JUCO. Will be interesting to see where he ends up next.
Temple, SHU, Rutgers, Robert Morris, St. Joe's, Drexel. http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/myles-powell
Yeah, Saintil - he left So. Alabama a while back. Another gritty guard, but again, wish he was 3-4 inches taller. Great on ball defender in hs.

Temple, SHU, Rutgers, Robert Morris, St. Joe's, Drexel. http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/myles-powell
Yeah, Saintil - he left So. Alabama a while back. Another gritty guard, but again, wish he was 3-4 inches taller. Great on ball defender in hs.
Thanks King Tee. St. Joe's, Temple, Bobby Morris would all be good options for him. UMass has done well with small scoring guards and I gotta assume Iona/Manhattan will give him a look as well. Hopefully no Rutgers for him lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom