Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was able to watch Mali's recent game against Hudson Catholic today. He's the definition of instant offense. Could go scoreless for a bit and then will hit you with a 7-8pt spurt within a few minutes. Jump shot was looking good as he nailed several long jumpers and gets good elevation on his shot. One thing I like is that he doesn't waste any dribbles and isn't a ball stopper. If the shot is there then he'll take it, if there is space to drive then he'll do so as well in which he displayed a few nice slashes to the basket, if nothing is there then he'll kick the ball back out to keep the offense flowing. I can understand some of the criticism that cuseguy has been kicking because some might say if Mali can get off in quick spurts then he should be doing that all game. Thing is he plays on a team with several good guards that all can score and create their own shot. So there is really no need for him to go all Kobe mode and jack up shots left and right. I think it's a good sign of maturity by him to not force the issue while picking and choosing his spots when to score. Wish he had attacked the glass much hard in the first three quarters because I got a little "too cool to get dirty in the trenches" vibe from him, but in the 4th quarter when their big man got into foul trouble and he had to play the 5, he really stepped up on D contesting shots, rebounding in traffic, and even taking a charge. He has it in him to be more aggressive on D and it'll be interesting to see how he performs in that department next season at SU. With that said as long as he can get his shot adjusted on the college level quickly and provide us some scoring firepower off the bench then we'll all be very happy. Bench scoring has definitely been lacking for the past two seasons now. We gotta get our 6th man swag back asap!

Last edited:
Coleman was not wanted "badly". He was a fall back plan. And not even remotely a loss they cared about. Not for one second.
Not true. He soured on them after his visit when he was told he wouldn't have to really be a student. The kid was insulted.

Last edited:
Richardson contributed 10 points in the win
TCA moves into the semis. I wouldn't read to much into the 10 points as the game high was 14 points, but you know, when in Rome!

Ok, TCA back in it, now down 37-31 at the half. It ain't over yet!

Crazy. They're saying it has been the Myles Powell show in the 3rd qtr. Has nearly 20pts in that qtr alone.
That's nasty. Kid is meant to put ball in bucket. What a great tandem, although I think they have another pretty good true point as well.

Now 3 minutes, left. TCA still has that 13 point lead, but what a roller coaster, the scoring spurts for each team. If (if if if if) Trenton Catholic makes it out of this one, they beat a team with 1 loss the whole year and the 1 seed. Let's hope they win and still have enough gas for the final. I think they will. ;)

Powell show indeed, Francis. Final is on like donkey kong.
Antonio Olivero | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com just now
"FINAL: By my count Powell had 27 entering 4Q. That 3Q explosion did it in an emphatic way for the Iron Mikes. The craziest turnaround I've seen all season by far. TCA takes it 79-68"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom