Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, Marcus Floyd was the other guard I was thinking of. 5'10 2015 PG.

Shines again in the big game
-c7c3db8416d95d6e.jpg

I like him. Real quick and smooth running the offense. They didn't have him last year, which is why Mali spent more time with the ball in his hands than this season.
Yup and a good fit. Plenty of room in the backcourt as Mali plays 2 and 3, sometimes even the big forward. Add Powell and they might just challenge RC and others for the TOC.

I like him. Real quick and smooth running the offense. They didn't have him last year, which is why Mali spent more time with the ball in his hands than this season.
We need a smooth pg next season. I think its a stretch to think that that Joseph will evolve to fill this need by next season. gbinije has been the best thus far and occasionally Paterson who I like more and more. Both Joseph and Paterson need to greatly improve their offense.With Rak gone there isn't a suitable replacement for him unless Obokoh under goes a miraculous transition this off season. Who really knows if McCullough will come back 100% or at all , for that matter.

So who does TCA get to play for the Mercer County chip?
You guessed it. The Irish of Notre Dame. No kidding. Pretty decent chunk of mojo there for Malachi.

Yup and a good fit. Plenty of room in the backcourt as Mali plays 2 and 3, sometimes even the big forward. Add Powell and they might just challenge RC and others for the TOC.
Speaking of RC, they were trailing by 18 in their game but rallied back to win and will play Linden in their county finals. Linden was the only NJ team to beat them this season.

Speaking of RC, they were trailing by 18 in their game but rallied back to win and will play Linden in their county finals. Linden was the only NJ team to beat them this season.
Wow, impressive. That's two nutty comebacks from out of nowhere. Could it be these two teams are destined to meet in the biggest dance? Some other really tough teams out there in Linden, Pope John, Ant's, Seton Hall Prep, etc.

We need a smooth pg next season. I think its a stretch to think that that Joseph will evolve to fill this need by next season. gbinije has been the best thus far and occasionally Paterson who I like more and more. Both Joseph and Paterson need to greatly improve their offense.With Rak gone there isn't a suitable replacement for him unless Obokoh under goes a miraculous transition this off season. Who really knows if McCullough will come back 100% or at all , for that matter.
You think Buss returns to SU next season?

I went to the game. Ewing was up 10 maybe even 12 early in the 2nd quarter but TCA fought back to get down 6 at half. TCA came out in the 3rd Q and scored 34 points to take a 20 point lead and kinda cruised from there although some sloppy TOs let Ewing cut the lead down to low double digits. Myles Powell was the star for TCA as he nailed at least 4 threes and had to score at least 15 points in the 3rd quarter.

Now for the bad news. Malachi will be a highly frustrating player for SU fans. The talent is there and is obvious - he's built like a pro and is a legit 6'5". But he plays with the motor of a Kia Sorento. I assume that he and Mr. McNamara will get well acquainted. GMac and JB are gonna have to coach this kid up because he has two obvious weaknesses. He just doesn't play hard- help defense? What's that? Rebound? Nah, not interested. And his handle needs plenty of improvement. He had a kid 3-4 inches shorter on him that prolly won't even play college hoops and yet MR couldn't shake him. Settled for fall away jumpers from 20 feet. Didn't help that he was rather cold. Most of his points came when the game was out of reach. During warm-ups he was nailing everything so you know he can shoot. But he loves his jumper too much and needs to learn how to work off the jumper or he'll just be one dimensional. His weaknesses are correctable but he has to play harder or he'll be a big disappointment at SU. I have faith in the SU staff that they'll get him on the right track but folks who think he's coming to SU to be a major force out of the gate will be sorely disappointed.

Ewing has a kid named Trey Lowe that is going to Temple. Prolly 6'3" and skinny as a rail at 170. Needs to put on weight/strength and his jumper is fugly. But when he takes off from the lane he needs clearance from air traffic control. Kid is serious quick and can jump out of the building. He threw a few down that were very impressive. Supposedly he is MR's cousin. Nice player that could be a major contributor at Temple if he can improve his jumper.

I'm just saying when malachi is a sophomore and Tyus Battle (if he commits) would be one crazy good backcourt with a lot of scoring.

He lazy!

Funny, when I've read your reports on MR no mention of the intensity factor (or lack thereof). Pretty much the first thing you notice when you watch him play.

Funny, when I've read your reports on MR no mention of the intensity factor (or lack thereof). Pretty much the first thing you notice when you watch him play.
Yeah unfortunately I've missed out on those games where he shows no intensity and plays like crap. I guess I'm actually lucky to have seen the games that has earned him his high ranking and the McDonald's game nod. I spoke about his "too cool for school" demeanor on D in my last report on him, but I guess if I'm not writing a full negative report it doesn't matter. Anyway like I've always said, I respect everyone's opinion and there is nothing wrong hearing things from a different perspective about him.

Yeah unfortunately I've missed out on those games where he shows no intensity and plays like crap. I guess I'm actually lucky to have seen the games that has earned him his high ranking and the McDonald's game nod. I spoke about his "too cool for school" demeanor on D in my last report on him, but I guess if I'm not writing a full negative report it doesn't matter. Anyway like I've always said, I respect everyone's opinion and there is nothing wrong hearing things from a different perspective about him.

Fair enough. Don't want to be negative but gotta call it like I see it. You'd think with the county championship on the line and 5,000 people in attendance that he would be revved up to play. Funny you mentioned Mickey D cuz I mentioned to a few guys next to me (who were far more critical of MR than me) that MR was a McD AA. That drew a few chuckles.

chip. chip chip!
One more to go for that first chip of the season, then I think he plays for two more, the last being TOC.

No way in hell TCA is winning the TOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors