Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not discouraged that White left campus without committing. He’s picked a school twice in the last 5 years – and both times regretted the decision. I would expect due diligence on his part before deciding on a school for this final season. But in the end, you’ve gotta think we’re the perfect situation for him.

Right. Someone said to me VCU was in play for him and that to me makes no sense. This kid must want to play for a tournament team.

Drew is from Richmond, so if playing in his hometown is at all a factor, there's the reason for the interest.

I’m not discouraged that White left campus without committing. He’s picked a school twice in the last 5 years – and both times regretted the decision. I would expect due diligence on his part before deciding on a school for this final season. But in the end, you’ve gotta think we’re the perfect situation for him.
Eh, I mean he's the perfect fit for us. But as far as HIS ideal situation? Who knows. If he wants to go in, be the unquestioned #1 dude on a team that has a solid shot to make the dance with good pieces, he's not a fit here. Could he lead this team in scoring? Sure. Could he finish 3rd on our team in scoring? Probably. He might end up being the 3rd scoring option here, which might not be what he wants

He's experienced and grown, not some 18 year old kid outta HS. He'll likely go home and think things through, maybe even take a coupla visits elsewhere. I think we're well in the running as his best option, what with LVille's "issues", etc. Wouldn't be a shock at all if we eventually land him.

I think he knows this coming from Nebraska but hopefully somebody's reminding him before he leaves town that it is an awfully short season if you are ineligible for both the conference and NCAA tournament. Would seem to make Louisville a pretty big gamble especially given Cuse's need at his position.

I wouldn't underestimate Pitino - he could sell ice to a baby after stealing candy from an Eskimo...or something like that.

You've got to think that JB made a pretty persuasive pitch to him. As has been mentioned here a kid who has already been in several situations which have not worked out would be averse to making a snap quick decision on what figures to be his last stop on his college experience. One thing that is not in abundance on this board is patience...I too am guilty of this. The bottom line is we have all been salivating for a team like this figures to be if he does decide on Syracuse.

I think the program speaks for itself in as much as it is a place where kids with talent are showcased in such fashion that if you have the talent you may well end up a first round pick in the draft. The gravitas that JB has as a coach coupled with the notion of playing in the dome before 34k screaming fans in what is the best league in the country all spells "attractive" for someone looking for a place to play. I think our chances are better than good considering all those things.

I wouldn't underestimate Pitino - he could sell ice to a baby after stealing candy from an Eskimo...or something like that.
He couldn't even sell an ice candy to a baby Eskimo here. White clearly is looking for exposure - especially including post season - to make his NBA case. The Damocles' Sword of NCAA sanctions/bans is beyond Slick Rick's control. This cannot not be in play for his decision. Though he's a perfect fit for us, think it goes both ways, starter or not.

I'm not sure exactly how JB will manage the rotations and dole out the playing time but I do know that this is shaping up to be the most exciting season in a long time as we watch JB mix it up as he finds the most suitable way to utilize this massive influx of new talent in the program. It would be best to hold on to your seat cuz it's gonna be one hell of a ride!;)Popcorn

I'm sure JB doesn't know yet. We'd have 10 guys who can play. Coach will have a plan by the end of October and have a rotation by the end of December. Right now he's playing golf.

He is nothing without access to the "Sluts R' Us" recruiting pitch, one would hope.

No kidding...and we think it means something that the kid wants to take his visit to Louisville see what all the talk is about.

Lmao! I thought this when the story broke. Either what did OHU give the kid that rolled on Lville or was it common knowledge to take an Lville visit if you had the chance.

How does Pitino answer the simple question "Can you guarantee that you will be eligible for the tournament this year?"
Yes, I sure can. All the while knowing he can't. The guy cheated on his wife. Lying to some 22 year old kid is nothing. Meanwhile, i checked out the Huskies board and they were all hot for White and got the news that he visited Syracuse this weekend. It was not well received.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Pretty rough article on White posted on the Providence board. Most about his "helicopter dad". I want the kid but this story scares me.

We need offense JB isn't a moron. For a one year kid this kid is perfect. If he is a problem JB could cut him and not lose anything.

White is offense that can win us a tournament game and NC. JB can coach defense and we have the talent for defense.

We need offense JB isn't a moron. For a one year kid this kid is perfect. If he is a problem JB could cut him and not lose anything.

White is offense that can win us a tournament game and NC. JB can coach defense and we have the talent for defense.

White is a very thoughtful kid. I bet he visits a bunch campuses before he makes his final decision. I think we have a good chance. He certainly would be a good player to get.

Yeah hard to imagine his dad being much of an issue since it's only 1 year. I presume JB was very honest to White and his father about his plan for him and his playing time.

As far him going into "get his" mode - we know how JB operates, if you don't listen to him, you're on the bench, he doesn't care who you are.

White doesn't have to score 20ppg here to get on NBA radars - he's proven he can score at the high D1 level - I assume NBA teams want to see his passing skills improve. We've had plenty of players go in 1st round without averaging more than 15ppg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom