Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appears he's already on his way home without committing. Might be just doing his due diligence but imagine our chances drop significantly if he steps foot on another campus.

Ok... here's where I'm at right now: It's (in JB's vernacular) "tremendous" that we have added TT to the roster and it seems everyone is aware of the fact that we are " Loaded" in our front court and there seems to be a palpable sense of relief now that the TT epic recruitment show's final episode turned out the way that all the watchers wanted.

But!... as is often the case with the SU Basketball fanbase... we immediately pivot to the next obsession du jour and apparently that has become the WHITE TRANSFER DRAMA.

Being devout Orange Basketball fans we are always participating in conjecture relating to the assemblage of players that are going to help us snatch our 2nd Natty. And at the moment it looks as though the general consensus is that the addition of White constitutes the final piece in doing just that.

So here is my question: Is there any shred of evidence which indicates that there is any chance whatsoever that anything is in play to try to get this kid in Orange? The tenor of some of the posts here would make one tend to believe that there is a concerted effort to do so... but is it all just idle speculation? If anyone has anything substantive, what is it?

You can't fault the fan base for being excited. That's what makes us fans. Here's what you are looking for:

Syracuse Basketball: Nebraska Transfer Andrew White III Visiting Syracuse

Watch the videos.

Appears he's already on his way home without committing. Might be just doing his due diligence but imagine our chances drop significantly if he steps foot on another campus.

If you watch the videos on Nunes, this is a very thoughtful kid. I doubt he will be starstruck by the campus and commit. He's going to visit all the campus landings and then decide. I think we have a very good chance because of our Final Four run, JB, the Dome, ACC, and a really good team already. Even without White I think our current roster is capable of making a very deep tournament run.

White can play 2 in a pinch and provide that much needed fourth guard depth, but with his size I don't see him as a top of the zone guy. He's primarily a 3, and a good one.

Gillon starts at point from day 1.
Battle at 2.
White
Roberson
Coleman gets the token start in the pivot.

I think Frank plays a bigger role than you think, as the third guard who plays quite a bit. Lots of position versatility with the frontcourt guys.

I agree. I'm not sure why people think White could play PG (I guess they mean SG). He seems like a solid 3 to me.

Thank you all for bringing me up to speed! I wasn't aware of the fact that he was visiting. Fingers crossed he ends up Orange!

I like Battle at PG, White at 2, Lydon at 3, Roberson at 4, and Chukwu at 5. Plenty off offense 1-3, Roberson should be a rebounding beast. And just try and shoot against a zone going 6'6, 6'7, 6'10, 6'10, 7'2

Love it defensively. Might not be enough ball-handling offensively. I really hope these lineups including White are something we get to debate about into next year!

Love it defensively. Might not be enough ball-handling offensively. I really hope these lineups including White are something we get to debate about into next year!
Part of the reason we got Battle is we recruited him as a pg. Not sure how good white's handle is though. Would love the versatility white would give the whole lineup.

th

I think he knows this coming from Nebraska but hopefully somebody's reminding him before he leaves town that it is an awfully short season if you are ineligible for both the conference and NCAA tournament. Would seem to make Louisville a pretty big gamble especially given Cuse's need at his position.

White can play 2 in a pinch and provide that much needed fourth guard depth, but with his size I don't see him as a top of the zone guy. He's primarily a 3, and a good one.

Gillon starts at point from day 1.
Battle at 2.
White
Roberson
Coleman gets the token start in the pivot.

I think Frank plays a bigger role than you think, as the third guard who plays quite a bit. Lots of position versatility with the frontcourt guys.

Differ from your opinion. Lydon will start. Battle will start as the 1, as he was promised. White would likely start, too, but I could see a scenario of:

PG - Battle
SG - White
SF - Lydon
PF - Roberson
C - Coleman

Chukwu would replace Coleman straight up. Gillon enters to replace Roberson as super sub and to play the game at a faster pace (if needed), shifting Battle to 2 and White to 3. Moyer, Thompson, Howard will see extensive time in non-conference to find out who players 8 & 8.5 will be.

Could also see a scenario where Roberson doesn't start if he doesn't come back with focus and more consistency. But really can't see a scenario where Lydon doesn't start.

I would want White to play Lydon/White a good amount of stretches. Sorry, but Roberson playing 35 MPG is just frustrating. He is a energy player when he is plugged in but he isn't he is not an effective player. He doesn't shoot the ball well. If he doesn't rebound and have energy I wouldn't play him. Having White allows JB to push Roberson.

Also White could play SG in case Gillon/Battle aren't ready. I honestly would rather have White over Gillon if we could only have 1.

Differ from your opinion. Lydon will start. Battle will start as the 1, as he was promised. White would likely start, too, but I could see a scenario of:

PG - Battle
SG - White
SF - Lydon
PF - Roberson
C - Coleman

Chukwu would replace Coleman straight up. Gillon enters to replace Roberson as super sub and to play the game at a faster pace (if needed), shifting Battle to 2 and White to 3. Moyer, Thompson, Howard will see extensive time in non-conference to find out who players 8 & 8.5 will be.

Could also see a scenario where Roberson doesn't start if he doesn't come back with focus and more consistency. But really can't see a scenario where Lydon doesn't start.

Not sure who starts as JB has done the token starter before. But by December I think whoever plays the best defense will get the most minutes. We have a bunch of players who are new to the zone. Battle, Gillon, Thompson, Moyer and Chukwu have no game experience with it. If we get White add him to the list. We may take some lumps early in the season.

But having nine and maybe ten players capable of competing for playing time is pretty exciting. Every scholarship player has the potential to contribute this year. I can't wait to get the early scrimmage reports!

I'm not sure exactly how JB will manage the rotations and dole out the playing time but I do know that this is shaping up to be the most exciting season in a long time as we watch JB mix it up as he finds the most suitable way to utilize this massive influx of new talent in the program. It would be best to hold on to your seat cuz it's gonna be one hell of a ride!;)Popcorn

This replaces the TT thread now, right? This thing will get a lot of posts in it until he decides on a school.

If we get him, this is arguably our most talented team since the 2013 final 4 run - who thought we'd be saying that ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom