Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep doing that thing where every time I sign in to read White's thread but also catch the "VERBALLED TO SYRACUSE" from Thompson's thread as it loads and my heart skips a beat... Multiple times this has happened

I keep doing that thing where every time I sign in to read White's thread but also catch the "VERBALLED TO SYRACUSE" from Thompson's thread as it loads and my heart skips a beat... Multiple times this has happened
th

62894e4b-bc9d-4c6e-9661-8606a9c66159_text.gif

I wonder why hes transferring. He seems like a great kid, who found his place at Nebraska. I wonder if he wants a shot at March Madness.

I hope we hear something this weekend. I'd have to think that if this kid gets off of campus without committing, our chances go way down.

He'd be the perfect "get" for next year's team. Hope we seal the deal.

I hope we hear something this weekend. I'd have to think that if this kid gets off of campus without committing, our chances go way down.

I agree. You would think that if he decides on Syracuse, he would make the decision this weekend and be on campus to start school July 5th. That would be a really quick turnaround, but that had to be the coaches thinking for getting him on campus so quickly.

White will definitely fill the Waiters role, anyone who doesn't think he' get a lot of PT is nuts.

This could potentially effect Roberson (and Howard) more than anyone I think. If White comes to 'Cuse, I have a feeling we'd see a lot of Gillon/Howard, Battle, Lydon, White, PC/DC. If you want to go defensive, White can slide to the top of the zone and Robey downlow.

Like posters mentioned earlier, you could definily see Lydon at the 5 with some small ball.

Lydon and Battle won't have their PT effected at all, they're safe - but anyone else is up for grabs - even PC/DC could be in trouble with Lydon's ability to play the 5.

Lydon/White/Battle could be as good of a trio in the ACC as you'll find offensively (with the possible exception of Duke)

I think if we get White, Frank becomes the 4th guard for this season and continues to mature. I think you have Battle and White probably start, in which case Battle would be the PG, and then you bring in Gillon and move Battle to the off guard - or vice versa, but I think we would tend to start big up top of the zone and then add the speedy guy later. Frankie will get his time, but with two 4th year guys and an alpha dog, I think he's going to be the 4th guard.

IthacaMatt said:
I think if we get White, Frank becomes the 4th guard for this season and continues to mature. I think you have Battle and White probably start, in which case Battle would be the PG, and then you bring in Gillon and move Battle to the off guard - or vice versa, but I think we would tend to start big up top of the zone and then add the speedy guy later. Frankie will get his time, but with two 4th year guys and an alpha dog, I think he's going to be the 4th guard.

I agree, but I think White or Battle would slide down to the SF depending on the comp opening up a few more minutes for Frank. With White and Thompson, this really becomes a strong, versatile and well balanced lineup.

Yep, it also gives JB the flexibility to go "small" with White at the 3, much like we saw last year with Malachi. A lineup of Frank/Tyus/White/Lydon/Chukwu would be a nightmare to guard.

RF ... when did you hear the news about TT? DIdn't see u on yesterday afternoon when it hit.

We would have so many options. We would be a match up nightmare for teams. White is huge. With JG at the point white at the 2 and Lydon 3 forget playing a zone against us.

Ok... here's where I'm at right now: It's (in JB's vernacular) "tremendous" that we have added TT to the roster and it seems everyone is aware of the fact that we are " Loaded" in our front court and there seems to be a palpable sense of relief now that the TT epic recruitment show's final episode turned out the way that all the watchers wanted.

But!... as is often the case with the SU Basketball fanbase... we immediately pivot to the next obsession du jour and apparently that has become the WHITE TRANSFER DRAMA.

Being devout Orange Basketball fans we are always participating in conjecture relating to the assemblage of players that are going to help us snatch our 2nd Natty. And at the moment it looks as though the general consensus is that the addition of White constitutes the final piece in doing just that.

So here is my question: Is there any shred of evidence which indicates that there is any chance whatsoever that anything is in play to try to get this kid in Orange? The tenor of some of the posts here would make one tend to believe that there is a concerted effort to do so... but is it all just idle speculation? If anyone has anything substantive, what is it?

We would have so many options. We would be a match up nightmare for teams. White is huge. With JG at the point white at the 2 and Lydon 3 forget playing a zone against us.
I like JG up top, Battle at the 2, White at the 3 (if we land him), Lydon at the 4 and Chukwu in the middle. That lineup is loaded offensively and defensively.

White can play 2 in a pinch and provide that much needed fourth guard depth, but with his size I don't see him as a top of the zone guy. He's primarily a 3, and a good one.

Gillon starts at point from day 1.
Battle at 2.
White
Roberson
Coleman gets the token start in the pivot.

I think Frank plays a bigger role than you think, as the third guard who plays quite a bit. Lots of position versatility with the frontcourt guys.

RF ... when did you hear the news about TT? DIdn't see u on yesterday afternoon when it hit.

I actually saw it while at happy hour after work. Hopped on my phone to check updates about White, and my heart skipped a beat when I saw COMMITS TO SYRACUSE. Then my next reaction was, "oh... it's TT." Which is still pretty cool!

Hope we land White, though -- WITH him, I think we're a top 10 team.

Ok... here's where I'm at right now: It's (in JB's vernacular) "tremendous" that we have added TT to the roster and it seems everyone is aware of the fact that we are " Loaded" in our front court and there seems to be a palpable sense of relief now that the TT epic recruitment show's final episode turned out the way that all the watchers wanted.

But!... as is often the case with the SU Basketball fanbase... we immediately pivot to the next obsession du jour and apparently that has become the WHITE TRANSFER DRAMA.

Being devout Orange Basketball fans we are always participating in conjecture relating to the assemblage of players that are going to help us snatch our 2nd Natty. And at the moment it looks as though the general consensus is that the addition of White constitutes the final piece in doing just that.

So here is my question: Is there any shred of evidence which indicates that there is any chance whatsoever that anything is in play to try to get this kid in Orange? The tenor of some of the posts here would make one tend to believe that there is a concerted effort to do so... but is it all just idle speculation? If anyone has anything substantive, what is it?
The fact that he is in Syracuse during the 4th of July weekend? He didn't come here just to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom