Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 173 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
docsu said:
Our players in the NBA are almost across the board mediocre to poor defenders. I mean who was the last SU guy known for good D? Jason Hart?
Most players in the NBA are poor to mediocre defenders. It's been that way for years.

Most players in the NBA are poor to mediocre defenders. It's been that way for years.

I don't look at it that way. I enjoy NBA games. I see it as the best offensive players in the NCAA are drafted. They were usually the NCAA's best scorers, and now there's a collection of them in the NBA. If the collegian defenders couldn't stop them, they're not going to be stopped in the NBA when they're more experienced, stronger, with more evolved games. As well, there are great NBA defenders, and you don't win championships without them. On the other hand, who's a great defender for Villanova?

It's a different game, for sure. I can appreciate both. I get as frustrated by the ineptitude in college games (80 or 90 total points?), as by the occasional lame nba defensive efforts. But, those same bad nba defenders were as bad or worse in college.

Just don't watch NBA all-star games. They're just 'offensive' exhibitions.

If they don't play defense in the NBA, why is there always a pretty precipitous fall-off of scoring from a college star's draft year versus his rookie NBA season, even when it's not minutes-related? I'd love to ask one of our alums about this. I'm pretty sure they'd say it's harder to score in the NBA.

That's a good point. If Lydon doesn't start, it will be like Kevin McHale not starting for the Celtics for several years back in the 80s. He still managed to find his way on the court.

Incidentally, it's a sad world when I google Kevin McHale and I have to look at that dork from Glee instead of the one I want the information about.
Who would have guessed both Kevin McHales would be dorks?

I don't look at it that way. I enjoy NBA games. I see it as the best offensive players in the NCAA are drafted. They were usually the NCAA's best scorers, and now there's a collection of them in the NBA. If the collegian defenders couldn't stop them, they're not going to be stopped in the NBA when they're more experienced, stronger, with more evolved games. As well, there are great NBA defenders, and you don't win championships without them. On the other hand, who's a great defender for Villanova?

It's a different game, for sure. I can appreciate both. I get as frustrated by the ineptitude in college games (80 or 90 total points?), as by the occasional lame nba defensive efforts. But, those same bad nba defenders were as bad or worse in college.

Just don't watch NBA all-star games. They're just 'offensive' exhibitions.

If they don't play defense in the NBA, why is there always a pretty precipitous fall-off of scoring from a college star's draft year versus his rookie NBA season, even when it's not minutes-related? I'd love to ask one of our alums about this. I'm pretty sure they'd say it's harder to score in the NBA.

I wish there was team with Orange as their primary color.

Hes commiting Friday
1251750093168.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online