Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this has certainly become
header.png

I've been sucked in for sure. :p

Still the longer it goes without hearing about another visit the more likely SU is his destination IMO.

I've been sucked in for sure. :p

Still the longer it goes without hearing about another visit the more likely SU is his destination IMO.

True. although Tt's last visit was Msu, and that worked out well for us. Hopefully we get some good news soon.

May not mean much to these guys, i obviously dont know. But if i was some freshman, (again assuming White...) i would be pumped to take part in the high level 5 on 5 intrasquad scrimmages SU would have nect year. Should be tremendous development for these young men...A guy like Moyer will have the chance to play with and against perhaps 4 nba prospects (Lydon, Battle, White, Pascal, etc)...

Great point!

I see no circumstance that Lydon plays the 5 this year. We've got 3 guys ahead of him for that spot. Play him where he belongs, as a stretch 4 / Small Forward.

I'm confident JB will play any rotation that does well and wins the game. I don't think he plays favorites over results. You may be right. But if Lydon at the 5 somehow wins games that's what he will play.

Gillon plays with the ball in his hands. So does Battle. Both of them are way better scorers than Frankie, who I really do like. I just think that if we get White, both he and Gillon are more proven, they will be 5th year guys, and Battle is an elite talent.
Imagine Gillon and White at the 1/3 ... they sit down, and Battle and Lydon come in the game. The possibilities with that talent are pretty exciting.

Or TR's having an off night, so you bring in a 6'10 guy at PF next to Chukwu.

Last edited:
With all the talented forwards we have, I really don't see White playing the 3, unless we incur massive foul trouble.

AW3 is pretty talented. If Roberson goes into sleep mode he may not get the PT. Or Lydon at the 5 with Roberson and White might be our very best line up on offense. Maybe we would see Battle play PG and White play SG. That may work. White is very interesting piece.

Imagine Gillon and White at the 1/3 ... they sit down, and Battle and Lydon come in the game. The possibilities with that talent are pretty exciting.

Or TR's having an off night, so you bring in a 6'10 guy at PF next to Chukwu.

That's my line of thinking too.

Last edited:
Rarely does Mike Waters do a piece like this unless he thinks the player is coming here. It's a subliminal endorsement.

Maybe after all these years MW is becoming a true fan and not just a beat writer. This is like something Donna would write.

Rarely does Jake lead a horse to water unless he wishes for the horse to drink.
This thread did hit upon most of the points in that article. But then again this is sports, its not rocket science lol

That's my line of thinking too.
You caught me mid-edit .. changed the positions to 1/3, since Lydon would probably be playing the 3. White is a 2/3 .. another player with some versatility. The issue will be .. can he defend ACC guards at the SG spot? If not, I see Battle at SG with White/Lydon at the 3. Obviously, Lydon can also play the 4 or 5, so he won't be hurting for PT. And with 3 guys big enough to play center, we have 15 fouls to give ... (or even more if Lydon moves to the 5).

You mentioned that you like Lydon at center for smallball/offense. That's intriguing, but only against a smaller team. Otherwise, we have plenty of bigs to compete on the glass with virtually anyone in the ACC.

My favorite quote:

"If White picked Syracuse, the Orange would be able to run a 5-on-5 scrimmage in practice without having to dip into its large pool of walk-ons. In drills, every scholarship player would go head-to-head with another scholarship player.

White would also add to the competition in practice. Nothing makes a team better than a little competition for starting jobs and playing time."

you think MW's job is to b a true fan? It isn't.

I'm not going to have this argument again. He's the greatest!

Last edited:
You caught me mid-edit .. changed the positions to 1/3, since Lydon would probably be playing the 3. White is a 2/3 .. another player with some versatility. The issue will be .. can he defend ACC guards at the SG spot? If not, I see Battle at SG with White/Lydon at the 3. Obviously, Lydon can also play the 4 or 5, so he won't be hurting for PT. And with 3 guys big enough to play center, we have 15 fouls to give ... (or even more if Lydon moves to the 5).

You mentioned that you like Lydon at center for smallball/offense. That's intriguing, but only against a smaller team. Otherwise, we have plenty of bigs to compete on the glass with virtually anyone in the ACC.

I fixed my comment to have your edit.

All I'm saying is once White commits (good possibility) the Duke-Cuse game at the dome is going to be insane. Most likely 2 top 10 teams squaring off in front of 35,000+ with college game day...it'll be like the first meeting

I get that no one knows for sure but every indication I have heard is that he will. It makes sense and again the longer he goes without visiting Lville, Cinci or VCU the more SU looks like his 1st choice and his visit secured that.

OMG! This anticipation is freakin' killing me. Had a monster day at work on account of the 3 day weekend and just went through 4 pages of posts so as not to ruin the moment and build up of the commitment! And alas!!!!still no pulling of the trigger!!! Oh my... have to drive to the airport in Orlando to pick my youngest daughter up from her 3 week tour of the midwest , Missiouri, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
So I'll be in a virtual blackout for... oh snap! I'll just bring my Ipad and get caught up.

This is so delightfully delicious... can't wait to see those wonderful words splash across my screen...

White is the New ORANGE!!

I fixed my comment to have your edit.
I see that, thank you. It's a great problem to have ... the confusion of fitting all this talent into various rotations. Jake was right .. back to the late 80's talent level, and I'll add something else: Not only are we LOADED at center and PF, if we get AW3 we're back to the MCW/Dion days of elite depth in the back court too.

Last edited:
I get that no one knows for sure but every indication I have heard is that he will. It makes sense and again the longer he goes without visiting Lville, Cinci or VCU the more SU looks like his 1st choice and his visit secured that.
I'm assuming he's visited Louisville at least once before. At the very least an unofficial visit to VCU. Who knows with Cincy, but they have to be considered the long short anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom