Stadium Food | Syracusefan.com

Stadium Food

The only thing worth eating at the Dome is a good old Hoffman's hot dog.

That's the only thing of substance I truly don't mind eating there. But Ms. Echols caramel corn is made locally and is to die for. I'm not the type of person who enjoys a lot of sweet stuff, but this stuff is fantastic. I have to bring home 3 or 4 bags every game because my mother, sister and nieces are hooked.

northacuse said:

The pulled pork sandwich isn't bad at all.

The trend throughout the country is to incorporate the best dishes from local restaurants and to expand menus to include more variety and some upscale options.

I hope someday someone at the Dome does some research and realizes it isn't 1980 anymore.

Hey Pete Sala, Click Here!
The dome has code restrictions on methods of cooking inside it. That's why hot dogs are steamed.

The pulled pork sandwich isn't bad at all.

Has it been discontinued? I went over to the Gate E concession stand in January and it wasn't posted on the menu anymore.

On paper, yes. But I've had a few too many medium-rare dogs at the Dome in recent years to agree with this. Theory, great. Execution, poor.

The dome has code restrictions on methods of cooking inside it. That's why hot dogs are steamed.
The hot dogs haven't been steamed in years.

Has it been discontinued? I went over to the Gate E concession stand in January and it wasn't posted on the menu anymore.

On paper, yes. But I've had a few too many medium-rare dogs at the Dome in recent years to agree with this. Theory, great. Execution, poor.
I couldn't find it a couple of games ago either. The chicken tenders are IMHO, the best thing available in the Dome now. You can get them on the 100 level in the northeast corner of the Dome, where the Burger King used to be.

Even when the Dome adds a single location that serves chicken tenders or pulled pork or wings, they are generic in nature and of relative low quality. They need to get restaurants who make food from scratch, not just microwave frozen stuff from Sysco.

OttoMets said:
Has it been discontinued? I went over to the Gate E concession stand in January and it wasn't posted on the menu anymore

We've had a pulled pork sandwich 3 of the last 4 games. So they must still have them.

We've had a pulled pork sandwich 3 of the last 4 games. So they must still have them.

Kind of a pain in the butt when you have to go on a search mission to find it though. The hot dogs are easy to find just about anywhere in the Dome.

Best advice I can offer is to eat before a game, preferably at the Fine Mess tailgate. (That advice is not directed at you, bees. I already know you take full advantage of that option.;))

TexanMark said:
You say Coo-Knee I say Co-Knee :D
I swear I never heard it called a "cooney" until the Man VS Food guy came to town. Of course I think he was also saying "Sarah-Cuse." ;)

I can't sit down until i have 3 dome dogs on my lap.

I've worked Dome Concessions before. All dogs are made on a flat-top grill.

When I worked at the Dome (around 95-96), the dogs were all boiled.

Frozen said:
When I worked at the Dome (around 95-96), the dogs were all boiled.

Pretty sure they switched about 97/98 when I started working there. That was the shift from the boiled Dome Dog of lore to the Hoffman franks now.

The trend throughout the country is to incorporate the best dishes from local restaurants and to expand menus to include more variety and some upscale options.

I hope someday someone at the Dome does some research and realizes it isn't 1980 anymore.

Hey Pete Sala, Click Here!
Maybe the Dinosaur BBQ Carrier Dome? Would give them national exposure and make us more southern somehow as well...