Stadium Food | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Stadium Food

I personally have never tasted a hotdog that was good. Now the proper amount of relish mustard ketchup or sauerkraut and I have never tasted a bad hot dog. I found long ago I don't really like food I like condiments. I like marinated steak, I like horseradish on prime rib, I like ketchup on fries, I like butter cheese bacon and scallions on potatoes, I like buttered corn, I can't think of anything I eat that doesn't get the full treatment... So for me the dogs at the dome are fantastic... Unless they switch to generic condiments can't do it

I personally have never tasted a hotdog that was good. Now the proper amount of relish mustard ketchup or sauerkraut and I have never tasted a bad hot dog. I found long ago I don't really like food I like condiments. I like marinated steak, I like horseradish on prime rib, I like ketchup on fries, I like butter cheese bacon and scallions on potatoes, I like buttered corn, I can't think of anything I eat that doesn't get the full treatment... So for me the dogs at the dome are fantastic... Unless they switch to generic condiments can't do it

Need to hit up Heid's on your next trip up, Bam. Iconic Syracuse place that was featured on Man vs. Food. One of the other JB's favorites.

LOL - a man after my own heart

Need to hit up Heid's on your next trip up, Bam. Iconic Syracuse place that was featured on Man vs. Food. One of the other JB's favorites.
I think we ate there... Is it a breakfast place that looks like an abandoned shack?

Bambrewer said:

Exactly. Love me some condiments, especially the horseradish with prime rib.

Bambrewer said:
I think we ate there... Is it a breakfast place that looks like an abandoned shack?
That sounds more like mothers cupboard.

heids.jpg

That looks just like I remembered as a kid. I haven't been back to Syracuse since we moved away in 1988. - Now I'm sure somebody will tell me it looks totally different now than it did then :)

Lol actually we ate at both... I did confuse the mothers place with the one you were talking about though

As long as they seeve beer i could care less what food they serve.

Definitely gone downhill over the years. The Italian stand in the back corner and Burger King were at least options. Not the best but at least something different. Dinosaur - Hinerwadls salt potatoes - Gianelli sausage - Twin Trees pizza - Beak & Skiff apple fritters - Finger Lakes wine - Lupos spiedies - Grandma Brown Beans - any Italian restaurant - Wegmans subs and sushi. So many iconic foods to choose from.

And while not necessarily near and dear to this group's heart (and waistlines) the healthy options are now virtually non-existent. Used to be able to get a salad from the Italian stand, turkey wraps, grilled chicken sandwiches. I'm not sure there is anything that you could even pretend is a healthy option available now.
Oh my lord...Hinerwadels...i have dreamed my whole life of them opening that to the public and not just an event place. Imagine if you could go there for dinner?! Im fat ill shut up haha.

Zweigles are the best hot dogs around by far. Haven't you Syracuse people learned that?
Honestly...this post should be deleted. I wouldn't recommend talking about Zweigles in reference to being better than anything other than nathans and on a good day a ball park frank.