Stephon Gilmore comments on OBJ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Stephon Gilmore comments on OBJ

It was also the rhetoric used by all five Bills head coaches from 2001-2014.

Fair enough. Apparently I have overrated this variable.

Here's hoping they clown Tennessee. And maybe get a couple favorable calls, too.

His comments about Beckham's ability are completely ridiculous. Acting like he's living off one catch when he's setting records for production over his first 16 games? C'mon. Saying Sammy Watkins is better, when the production gap between the two to this point has been huge? C'mon.

Just say you think he's a jerk and you're mad that he got away with it.

OBJ is also their only WR.

Watkins has been disappointing in that he had a ****bag QB throwing to him last year and keeps getting dinged up. When both healthy, i'll take Watkins over OBJ.

You realize Ruben Randle had 71 catches for 938 yards last year? Quite a bit more productive than Robert Woods.

His comments about Beckham's ability are completely ridiculous. Acting like he's living off one catch when he's setting records for production over his first 16 games? C'mon. Saying Sammy Watkins is better, when the production gap between the two to this point has been huge? C'mon.

Just say you think he's a jerk and you're mad that he got away with it.

I agree that the living off one catch thing is beyond dumb, and saying Sammy is better just makes no sense at this moment, but to be fair, he's got one of the top 10-15 QBs throwing it to him, and that QB was throwing it like 50 times per game last year, compared to Sammy having QBs that could barely throw the ball 5 yards and only threw it around 30ish times a game, so the difference in production probably isn't really indicative of the gap in their talents. I think Sammy could have produced a ton if he had Eli throwing to him that often too.

But at any rate, it's a stupid and pointless argument right now to be making publicly.

I still don't understand why Woods turned back into the field when he caught the first down catch. Down 14 with a little over 6 minutes left, he had to get out of bounds there. Dumb play.

I still don't understand why Woods turned back into the field when he caught the first down catch. Down 14 with a little over 6 minutes left, he had to get out of bounds there. Dumb play.
He always does stuff like that. He's a WR with a RB mentality. Definitely gets him in trouble sometimes.

Time and situation.

I have a legitimate question about this, because I'll admit to not understanding the "out of bounds clock starts/stops" thing anymore since they seem to keep changing it...as it relates to whether Woods should have just ducked out of bounds.

Since they were outside of 2 mins, even if he went out on his own, wouldn't the clock have restarted?

I've seen the clock generally pauses for a second and then restarts, depending on whether the player went out on their own or were pushed out, and I think it matters whether the carrier was going forward for some reason.

So if there was no benefit on the clock, and it's hard to know ahead of time whether the refs are going to allow two players to hold you up and strip the ball without calling forward progress stopped (though as a Bill you should KNOW they're not going to do one of those semi-late whistles like if that were Edelmann or something), I'm not sure what ducking out and the clock running vs. getting 3-4 yards and the clock running is any difference

I have a legitimate question about this, because I'll admit to not understanding the "out of bounds clock starts/stops" thing anymore since they seem to keep changing it...as it relates to whether Woods should have just ducked out of bounds.

Since they were outside of 2 mins, even if he went out on his own, wouldn't the clock have restarted?

I've seen the clock generally pauses for a second and then restarts, depending on whether the player went out on their own or were pushed out, and I think it matters whether the carrier was going forward for some reason.

So if there was no benefit on the clock, and it's hard to know ahead of time whether the refs are going to allow two players to hold you up and strip the ball without calling forward progress stopped (though as a Bill you should KNOW they're not going to do one of those semi-late whistles like if that were Edelmann or something), I'm not sure what ducking out and the clock running vs. getting 3-4 yards and the clock running is any difference

Wow, I had no idea that was the case. I think you are correct.

With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee’s signal.

I think it restarts once the ball is spotted. I still think there is a bit of time saved if he does go out of bounds because the clock does actually stop, even if for just a short time.

I agree that the living off one catch thing is beyond dumb, and saying Sammy is better just makes no sense at this moment, but to be fair, he's got one of the top 10-15 QBs throwing it to him, and that QB was throwing it like 50 times per game last year, compared to Sammy having QBs that could barely throw the ball 5 yards and only threw it around 30ish times a game, so the difference in production probably isn't really indicative of the gap in their talents. I think Sammy could have produced a ton if he had Eli throwing to him that often too.

But at any rate, it's a stupid and pointless argument right now to be making publicly.

I was in the Dome for Clemson 2013, so I have all the respect in the world for Watkins' talent level and I think he can be a great NFL WR.

But calling him better than Beckham...there's just nothing to base that one. I agree, if you're a Buffalo Bill (or fan) that's one you just sit on for now and hope that it comes true. Beckham's been one of the best WR's in football.

I was in the Dome for Clemson 2013, so I have all the respect in the world for Watkins' talent level and I think he can be a great NFL WR.

But calling him better than Beckham...there's just nothing to base that one. I agree, if you're a Buffalo Bill (or fan) that's one you just sit on for now and hope that it comes true. Beckham's been one of the best WR's in football.

Definitely agreed. My point is only that it's definitely possible the gap isn't as large as the raw numbers would seem to indicate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom