SU and UConn set to play at MSG this year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU and UConn set to play at MSG this year

Wow, what an amazing amount of hand-wringing over this game. As a fanbase, let's somehow find a way to suck it up over the coming months and then enjoy the beatdown we will put on a hated rival.

They are an elite program but they couldn't get a game with anyone.

...other than Texas, Georgetown, Ohio State, Arizona, Florida, Washington and Stanford.

Breaking news: Duke and UNC don't do home and homes with anybody of consequence. They didn't just show up at the CD because Jimmy made some deal.

...other than Texas, Georgetown, Ohio State, Arizona, Florida, Washington and Stanford.

Breaking news: Duke and UNC don't do home and homes with anybody of consequence. They didn't just show up at the CD because Jimmy made some deal.
Zls, only Arizona is elite out of that list.

Uconn fans are awful. Rude and they act like middle school bullies. They try and start fights, are obnoxious and very ruthless. I personally could go without it becauSe it does benefit them more than us.

We could have scheduled Villanova. I enjoy watching SU-Gtown, SU-Nova.
We could schedule almost anybody in a neutral site game at MSG. Duke does every year. This game benefits Connecticut more than Syracuse. SU already has the Barclay's Center game.

If we wanted another tough game then schedule a top 25 team on the road in a home/home and bank a future appealing home game. UConn at MSG will be treated a de facto home game for Syracuse it isn't as beneficial as the win in the Bahamas.

Nobody wants to see more cupcakes but playing UConn sucks. The fanbase wars are old and we could play other good teams.

It benefits us both to have a good game.

And TBH, they're not going to go away because we don't play then.

And GMAB with Georgetown. They suck

Great news. I love it when we beat Uconn and sleep like dog if we lose. The sign of a true rivalry.

The difference is that they want to act like playing us is beneath them. They are bafoons of a much higher order then the bafoons on this site.
It was a great rivalry but they killed it just like they killed the Big East.
Honestly part of me would much rather play a Duke or Indiana or Kansas there then Syracuse.
But I do get why UConn wants to play the game and I'm sure once it rolls around I'll be excited as hell.

Yeah. Get a brain, morans!

rrlbees said:
Stupid. We don't need them but we do them a favor because they need us.

Who gives a damn. Play the teams you love to beat and hate to lose to. You guys take this crap to far.

pearl31 said:
I would rather we get a yearly game with Nova - keep it at St.Johns/Nova/hoyas for nostalgia - no need for ucon

Ya St. John's is a real barn burner. Talk about a no win situation.

I'm extremely excited about this -- I can't wait. Some of my greatest sports memories of all-time involve games against UConn at the Garden.

I'm just happy to have a home game within driving distance!

agreed. the best part about Yukon fans is that if you beat them they disregard it, and then if and when they beat you that's all that matters.

I'm just going to make a leap here and say I think we sometimes do the same thing?

It helps both teams...this is good game...it will get lots of hype for a December game

Both teams will bring TV interest. It will be good for both brands. I think it's a good game for us but mostly for selfish reasons that I can go see it.

Who gives a damn. Play the teams you love to beat and hate to lose to. You guys take this crap to far.

You should have said "too far". It's important. I'm just saying. What? Too far?

Good comment though on the love to beat hate to lose idea.

UConn is our rival at this point. It's the one game that i always want to play now with Georgetown moving completely to irrelevancy. Our ACC games won't ever, to me, feel like rivalry in conference games.

This is great news.

You guys realize that the closest thing we have to a rival in the ACC is Boston College right?

Meanwhile UCONN it's playing turds like Cincinnati, Tulsa, and Memphis.

It really is a match made in hell.

You guys realize that the closest thing we have to a rival in the ACC is Boston College right?

I like the hate to lose to love to beat idea as to what defines a rivalry. For me there's only one team in the ACC that fits that bill: Duke. Okay, maybe Louisville. Pitt not so much now that jack donkey is gone. UNC, NC State, bla, bla, bla, who cares.

P.S. Dear moderators, the ability to upload images does not seem to be working. At least for me.

I like the hate to lose to love to beat idea as to what defines a rivalry. For me there's only one team in the ACC that fits that bill: Duke. Okay, maybe Louisville. Pitt not so much now that jack donkey is gone. UNC, NC State, bla, bla, bla, who cares.

P.S. Dear moderators, the ability to upload images does not seem to be working. At least for me.

Yeah but in my eyes there's for to be some reciprocity. We're never going to a rival to Duke or UL like UNC and UK are respectively.

Obviously that's not the case with UCONN. Their board is -ing obsessed with us... And vice versa.

Yeah but in my eyes there's for to be some reciprocity. We're never going to a rival to Duke or UL like UNC and UK are respectively.

Obviously that's not the case with UCONN. Their board is -ing obsessed with us... And vice versa.

I imagine when you beat Duke at Cameron you start to get under their skin!

I'm not sure BC could be called a rival at this point. I do think it would be accurate to say SU really doesn't have a true rival today. It's more like "rivalry by committee" now, with a mix of the old and the new (G-town, SJU, Nova, UConn, Pitt, Louisville, Duke, UNC).

Bring them all on, including UConn, and just let nature take its course.

I'm not sure BC could be called a rival at this point. I do think it would be accurate to say SU really doesn't have a true rival today. It's more like "rivalry by committee" now, with a mix of the old and the new (G-town, SJU, Nova, UConn, Pitt, Louisville, Duke, UNC).

Bring them all on, including UConn, and just let nature take its course.

I really love beating Duke. I really hate losing to Duke. Next for me would be Louisville because Pitino is shifty eye snake. Pitt, not so much now that Dix-hole is gone. I still have the same love and hate for these though: G-town, SJU, Nova, UConn.

I'm looking forward to going to MSG to see the Orange play!

UConn fans make this game less appealing. I am sure we have our fair share of DB fans but that fanbase makes it miserable for visiting fans and that is a fact whether they want to admit it or not.

It is one thing to have a healthy hatred of a team/fanbase but UConn fans go beyond this. I guess the only solace is the game is at MSG but still they are getting more than we are. We could play anybody at MSG almost like Duke.

We have conference rivalries with Pitt and Louisville. Playing Georgetown/Villanova should be the ideal OOC opponents and St. John's is strictly to give the NYC a home game. Connecticut is a successful version of NC State. In North Carolina UNC fans get annoyed with NC State fans and their attitude/behavior towards UNC. Unlike NC State Connecticut has actually won NCs recently so they should be proud of their program but their constant need for validation is freaking annoying.

Hopefully Mike Hopkins feels no nostalgia when he takes over to continue playing Connecticut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom