Summer 2015 Transfer Market | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Summer 2015 Transfer Market

Has MLS ever attracted players like this? If not, what's changing? Money, popularity? I'm used to the Lampard's, Gerrard's, Villa's etc of the world coming here to finish their careers and that's cool, but I don't ever remember hearing about world class players in their prime coming to or even just considering MLS. Watching Giovinco today makes me hope for more of that because that was just awesome to watch. Giovinvo vs Villa made me realize what Champions League fans watch on a regular basis in their own countries.

New TV deal. MLS is getting 5 times as much as they got on their last contract. Players union didn't get as much as they should have and didn't get free agency until something like 7 years of service in the league. MLS is growing, but players have to be able to earn more than they currently do. But they're trying to ensure the league's solvency. Just look at the 2 men's leagues and the 2 women's leagues that have failed in this country. So I guess I get their conservatism.

Schneiderlin taking his medical ahead of a £25 million transfer bid. Holy midfield... assuming Carrick and Schweinsteiger stay fit. Don't worry haters, because they won't.

What do the Euro squads think of Giovinco, the Toronto striker? I'm watching NYCFC/Toronto and this dude is an absolute beast!

Also saw Angelino debut. Announcers said he's going to be a big name in a few years. How does the whole Man City/NYCFC thing work?.. Is Angelino techinically owned by Man City and getting playing time in NY or could he essentially sign anywhere in Europe if he blows up?
Great game huh.

The ref was pretty damn quick to point to the spot every single time unfortunately though. As for Giovinco he is class, he is owned By Juve if I recall correctly.

A team to watch in the champions league: Sevilla. They are masters at buying and selling players. They just signed my dood Konoplyanka, and are reaching deals with Immobile and N'Zonzi. They will be a tough out for many of the top opposition.

Schneiderlin taking his medical ahead of a £25 million transfer bid. Holy midfield... assuming Carrick and Schweinsteiger stay fit. Don't worry haters, because they won't.

Well, if they play a double pivot, you rotate 2 of the 3 players, and you should do alright, although that leaves no place for Daley Blind, who I think is a very solid young player. Will LVG move him out to the left side of defense?

Man United sadly have been adding a lot of good pieces. I wonder who Liverpool will get to replace Sterling. I am disappointed the kid didn't give them another chance to get into the CL. The EPL looks competitive for next year now.

I would go as of now.
1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3/4 Man City/Man U
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham

If Man U loses De Gea then I would move them down to 5th w/Liverpool, but if they get Bale or Schuler it would move up. Right now the best move the transfer window IMO has been Cech to Arsenal.

Well, if they play a double pivot, you rotate 2 of the 3 players, and you should do alright, although that leaves no place for Daley Blind, who I think is a very solid young player. Will LVG move him out to the left side of defense?

Blind is a talent, but better suited for central roles. He can play the left but it comes with a sacrifice of pace. LVG talks of player versatility and with that, looking at the team sheet can often be a head scratcher. He manages to get results in a results driven business though.

Latest rumors are that United is now making a run to sign Cavani at striker from PSG and Otamendi, currently playing in Germany, I believe, at center back. That would complete their activity, I believe, except for the DeGea situation.

Arsenal dealt a blow (but maybe done a favor?) with news of William Carvalho's stress fracture in his tibia. Going to miss probably 3 months and is unlikely to be sold this summer.

Chelsea must be planing to move out a couple midfielders with the news that they are not going to allow Victor Moses to return to Stoke this season, plus the apparent move for the Chilean midfielder Aranguiz who just played so well at the Copa Americas. Baba Abdul Rahman of Ghana / Augsburg is also maybe in the cards for Chelsea. Twenty year old left back, good with both feet, led German defenders in tackles in the Bundesliga last year, had four assists and is pretty good in the air. Plus they decided not to let Mikel leave. Wow, it's going to be crowded in camp. I hope Jose actually plays a lot more of his players this year.

Still perplexed by Liverpool's chase of Benteke. They are going to try to get him for less than his 32.5M buy-out, which Aston Villa will avoid, ensuring this drags out and giving another team a chance to snatch him. He just doesn't fit Liverpool's style, IMO. He's a very good player, but does not run behind defenders.

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke could be on his way out of Villa Park after Liverpool triggered the Belgium's £32.5m release clause in his contract, reports the Birmingham Mail.

• Liverpool are on the brink of completing a £32.5m move forChristian Benteke from Aston Villa (Liverpool Echo)

Being reported from both sides. Also this...

Sky Bet have pulled their market on Christian Benteke's next club after Liverpool were backed at as short as 1/20 to sign the Aston Villa striker.

I really like this move if it comes together but can't help but wonder if that says something about Sturridge perhaps not recovering well from surgery. Would end up with 4 senior strikers to juggle if we land Benteke and Sturro gets healthy. Also, how will we find game time for all of our AMF's?

What do the Euro squads think of Giovinco, the Toronto striker? I'm watching NYCFC/Toronto and this dude is an absolute beast!

Also saw Angelino debut. Announcers said he's going to be a big name in a few years. How does the whole Man City/NYCFC thing work?.. Is Angelino techinically owned by Man City and getting playing time in NY or could he essentially sign anywhere in Europe if he blows up?

I just watched that game on DVR. That was insane! One of the most entertaining games I've seen in a while.

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke could be on his way out of Villa Park after Liverpool triggered the Belgium's £32.5m release clause in his contract, reports the Birmingham Mail.

• Liverpool are on the brink of completing a £32.5m move forChristian Benteke from Aston Villa (Liverpool Echo)

Sky Bet have pulled their market on Christian Benteke's next club after Liverpool were backed at as short as 1/20 to sign the Aston Villa striker.

I really like this move if it comes together but can't help but wonder if that says something about Sturridge perhaps not recovering well from surgery. Would end up with 4 senior strikers to juggle if we land Benteke and Sturro gets healthy. Also, how will we find game time for all of our AMF's?

Hip surgery is tough to recover from, compared to a knee or an ankle. It might be Christmas before he's back to form. You will have Ings and apparently Benteke, so you have pretty good cover for a while, but you need the speed and trickery along the end line that Sturridge provides.

You think Liverpool is done with signings now that Benteke is on board?

Another big name off the board:

Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal has agreed a five-year deal withReal Madrid

I think Aleix Vidal went to Real Madrid, and Arturo Vidal (from Juve) just went to Bayern Munich.

Hip surgery is tough to recover from, compared to a knee or an ankle. It might be Christmas before he's back to form. You will have Ings and apparently Benteke, so you have pretty good cover for a while, but you need the speed and trickery along the end line that Sturridge provides.

Hopefully we can get that from Firmino, Origi, Lallana, Markovic, Ibe, etc. We've got a full house up front now and not sure how we'll find them all games tbh.

You think Liverpool is done with signings now that Benteke is on board?

Benteke isn't yet through the door and won't presume we will be until I see a pic of him holding and LFC shirt.

Presuming he does come we may be done or we may still go for illarramendi or another of his ilk to play at the base of the midfield.

We mainly need to unload from a crowded squad at this point. In no particular order we need to move:
Jose Enrique
Mario Balotelli
Rickie Lambert
Fabio Borini
and if I had my way and Illarramendi rumours prove true
Joe Allen

We currently have 30 senior players in what needs to be a 25 man squad, would be 31 with Benteke and 32 with Illa. Of that I don't think Toure will ever make the squad and is there for training ground pursposes, Flanno won't be fit this year, and either/both of Wisdom and Llori may be loaned out this year. New boy Gomez isn't being loaned after 2 brilliant preseason performances thus far and I'd love to keep Teixiera in house as well.

Fun with numbers at this point as well as trying to juggle playing time.

Benteke isn't yet through the door and won't presume we will be until I see a pic of him holding and LFC shirt.

Presuming he does come we may be done or we may still go for illarramendi or another of his ilk to play at the base of the midfield.

We mainly need to unload from a crowded squad at this point. In no particular order we need to move:
Jose Enrique
Mario Balotelli
Rickie Lambert
Fabio Borini

and if I had my way and Illarramendi rumours prove true
Joe Allen

We currently have 30 senior players in what needs to be a 25 man squad, would be 31 with Benteke and 32 with Illa. Of that I don't think Toure will ever make the squad and is there for training ground pursposes, Flanno won't be fit this year, and either/both of Wisdom and Llori may be loaned out this year. New boy Gomez isn't being loaned after 2 brilliant preseason performances thus far and I'd love to keep Teixiera in house as well.

Fun with numbers at this point as well as trying to juggle playing time.

With Benteke, Sturridge, Ings, Origi - I don't see them bringing in another striker.

Firmio, Coutinho, Lallana (who I think could be good this year) Markovic, Ibe - seems like a lot for attacking mids.

Henderson, Milner, Allen - midfield, I'd be surprised if Allen's not on the squad.

Can, Lucas (maybe Texiera) - defensive mid

Sakho, Skertel, Lovren, Toure (or someone like Illori) - center back

Moreno, Clyne, Manquillo, Enrique, Flannigan - L/R back

Mingolet, Bogdan - Goalie

Am I forgetting anybody?

Not counting Texiera and Illori, that's 25. Maybe guys like Manquillo and Toure will be removed, making room for another player to be brought in. But that seems like a pretty complete team to me.

That means they have to sell: Balotelli, Borini, Lambert at minimum.

With Benteke, Sturridge, Ings, Origi - I don't see them bringing in another striker.

Firmio, Coutinho, Lallana (who I think could be good this year) Markovic, Ibe - seems like a lot for attacking mids.

Henderson, Milner, Allen - midfield, I'd be surprised if Allen's not on the squad.

Am I forgetting anybody?

Not counting Texiera and Illori, that's 25. Maybe guys like Manquillo and Toure will be removed, making room for another player to be brought in. But that seems like a pretty complete team to me.

That's an awfully deep team, but you need a couple people to step out from the squad and become stars, guys who can will the team to victory. Sturridge can be that guy, but he has to stay healthy, and has to return to top form.

Among the others, Firmino is your best hope. Coutinho is a quality player, but I don't see him scoring as many goals as somebody like Juan Mata did when he was at Chelsea in a similar role.

Am I forgetting anybody?

Maquillo is gone and we just signed Toure for another year
upload_2015-7-22_16-36-54.png

Can officially add Benteke to that list as well

That's an awfully deep team, but you need a couple people to step out from the squad and become stars, guys who can will the team to victory. Sturridge can be that guy, but he has to stay healthy, and has to return to top form.

Among the others, Firmino is your best hope. Coutinho is a quality player, but I don't see him scoring as many goals as somebody like Juan Mata did when he was at Chelsea in a similar role.

We didn't really need Coutinho to score more but rather players that can convert the chances he creates. I feel like we've done that with Benteke, and Firmino starting and Ings, and Origi as subs. I'm not expecting a title run but top 4 chances looking much better with the business we've done.

We didn't really need Coutinho to score more but rather players that can convert the chances he creates. I feel like we've done that with Benteke, and Firmino starting and Ings, and Origi as subs. I'm not expecting a title run but top 4 chances looking much better with the business we've done.
Thanks ImperialOrange for representing us Liverpool fans well with your comments and insights, I guess you'll never walk alone! :D

Thanks ImperialOrange for representing us Liverpool fans well with your comments and insights, I guess you'll never walk alone! :D

Although a supporter of the red side of Manchester, I believe that a strong Liverpool squad makes for a better EPL. I love their history and would love to take in a match at Anfield (The Kop!) one day. Hope they can get back on their "perch," but not necessarily above my Red Devils.

Although a supporter of the red side of Manchester, I believe that a strong Liverpool squad makes for a better EPL. I love their history and would love to take in a match at Anfield (The Kop!) one day. Hope they can get back on their "perch," but not necessarily above my Red Devils.

If we get back In the top 4 it will most likely be at your expense. Also, I'm not sure the kop is where you'd want to be as a united supporter or that you could even get tickets there. Think they are all season tickets of which the wait list is over 60,000 deep.

If we get back In the top 4 it will most likely be at your expense. Also, I'm not sure the kop is where you'd want to be as a united supporter or that you could even get tickets there. Think they are all season tickets of which the wait list is over 60,000 deep.

Could be right about top-4, but the transfer window is still open and the story remains to be written.

I would never dream of going as a United supporter. Would love to get back stateside without any lingering injuries. Certainly would like to take in Anfield one day regardless, but incognito. A historic ground. Crazy that the Kop is 60,000 deep in a waiting list, but not really in considering the passion of their supporters.

Could be right about top-4, but the transfer window is still open and the story remains to be written.

I would never dream of going as a United supporter. Would love to get back stateside without any lingering injuries. Certainly would like to take in Anfield one day regardless, but incognito. A historic ground. Crazy that the Kop is 60,000 deep in a waiting list, but not really in considering the passion of their supporters.

I'll go with you and lend you a shirt. I'm not sure if the kop is general admission or not anywhere but the season ticket list as a whole of the stadium is past 60k. Last article I read from 2012 said no tickets had been returned to the club since 1996 to be resold. Families just sign them on through the generations or to friends. Suffice to say, I hope the stadium expansion allows more locals to get their hands on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom