Syracuse -Uconn working on home/home series | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse -Uconn working on home/home series

Maybe he meant Women's LAX, although I can't find them in the tourney bracket.

Perhaps there's a LAX NIT that I don't know about?
Actually they are in the LAX CBI...they paid some outfit $20k to host Stetson good news it will be broadcast nationwide via an Apple 6

Alsacs is right...all they care about is cable boxes right now...you would deliver a state of 3.5 million (less than Upstate NY) and they also care about the AAU designation.

It is possible you might not know everything.

But we don't salivate over a guy posting as a girl named Gretchen from IU. LOL Fishy set up and burned several.

Who is the viable 16th team if UConn is 15 for the Big Ten?
According to UConn fans it will be (take your pick): UVA, UNC, FSU, GTech or VT

Wow their realignment board is a sad, sad place. About as delusional as it gets. Why would UVA go to the B1g? There are only two schools in that entire conference with a higher endowment... it's not like they're starving for $$$. Then the idea that UConn is coveted by both the ACC and B1g and there is some behind the scenes bidding war? LOL.

Wow their realignment board is a sad, sad place. About as delusional as it gets. Why would UVA go to the B1g? There are only two schools in that entire conference with a higher endowment... it's not like they're starving for $$$. Then the idea that UConn is coveted by both the ACC and B1g and there is some behind the scenes bidding war? LOL.
LOL yes. A bidding war for the school that has been left out. I love reading that board any time I need a good laugh. I love their posters that say they wouldn't want to go to the ACC.

Not possible, a fact. Mark doesn't know everything. And neither do you. Some guy at a spring football game hears something and all of you guys, who are desperate for good news, run with it. Maybe something good will happen to UConn. But I guarantee, you don't know right now what that would be. I wouldn't put my hopes on anyone from the ACC leaving. The $$ from the ACC is getting better and better. And I know you guys hate it, but a ACC network is on the way.

Not officially yet...but I agree...I think the B12 feels it will come (legislation) so they can hang at 10. It might help the ACC down the road if there is movement to 4 mega-leagues. I think the ACC survives and the B12 gets picked apart.

Right, it's not official yet but everyone is making plans with the assumption that it will be soon.

Honestly, given the current landscape and grant-of-rights that go out 10+ years I don't think we'll see any tinkering around the edges of expansion. Maybe the B12 adds a couple schools, but I don't know why they would.

By the next time the various GORs and TV deals are up for renegotiation (a decade from now) the media landscape might be unrecognizable compared to how it exists today. And since it's that landscape that drives expansion, trying to project today how conferences will want to act in that environment is next to impossible.

According to UConn fans it will be (take your pick): UVA, UNC, FSU, GTech or VT
They are morons. UVA-UNC are tied at the hip. They have the longest rivalry in the South. FSU wants in the SEC they aren't an option for the Big Ten for some reason and if they took FSU, UConn wouldn't be 16. Georgia Tech isn't going to isolate itself and VPI owes it spot to UVA they aren't screwing UVA over for the Big Ten.

If the ACC were ripe UConn wouldn't get a spot in the Big Ten and I doubt the ACC would add them.

Didn't UNC and UVA already say no to the Big 10 before the Grant of Rights and when the $$ discrepancy between conferences was much greater than it is now? Keep dreaming uconn. Why would they leave what they have to play in a bunch of flyover states for a couple million extra dollars? I don't think they are desperate for a new conference and/or hurting for money (cough Rutgers Maryland cough).

Alsacs said:
They are morons. UVA-UNC are tied at the hip. They have the longest rivalry in the South. FSU wants in the SEC they aren't an option for the Big Ten for some reason and if they took FSU, UConn wouldn't be 16. Georgia Tech isn't going to isolate itself and VPI owes it spot to UVA they aren't screwing UVA over for the Big Ten.

If the ACC were ripe UConn wouldn't get a spot in the Big Ten and I doubt the ACC would add them.

Virginia and North Carolina to the B1G and VT and NC State to the SEC was my nightmare scenario at the height of the WVU/UConn ACC snuff fantasies.

The only way I see UConn in the ACC is if the league were gutted by moves (FSU->SEC, UVa, UNC->B1G, etc.). And since that is not happening...well, read between the lines.

dasher said:
LOL yes. A bidding war for the school that has been left out. I love reading that board any time I need a good laugh. I love their posters that say they wouldn't want to go to the ACC.

They need to ask themselves the following question. If they are so dominant and such a wanted school, why did the Big10 and ACC take rutgirls and SU before them. They talk like they are Ohio St when they are closer to UMass.

They need to ask themselves the following question. If they are so dominant and such a wanted school, why did the Big10 and ACC take rutgirls and SU before them. They talk like they are Ohio St when they are closer to UMass.
They must follow the adage: Never ask a question you don't know (or don't want to know) the answer to

We are only dominant when on the court, winning conference championships, getting to FF, winning NC and putting guys in the NBA. Or on the field winning 2 BE Championships and getting to a BCS bowl and having multiple 1st and second round picks.

Rutgers is far more dominant in having TVs. I never suggested CT has more TVs. Never.

To be fair, at some point down the road, if every other potential school has been picked, and the conferences still want to expand, they might get picked.

And with the 70th and final pick in the P5 draft, the B1G selects...

Qu8uC.gif

And that, in conference realignment, gets you exactly what?

514d0789afa96f48ef000006.jpg

Zero. Point. Zero.

Exactly.

BCU was the big winner in 2003.

Since then, UConn has won 3 NC in BB, 2 BE championships in Fb, been to a another FF, been to a BCS won a soccer NC, won a FH NC, and won 6 or 7 women NC's.

But, BCU fans got to watch their AD cash a big check every month. What do you think was more fun?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom