Syracusefan fantasy football | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan fantasy football

Welp thanks to staying late at work I missed the draft completely. Luckily for me I think auto-draft did pretty good for me this year, however its never to early to work the waiver wire!

Can I make my picks from iphone?? I'll be on train at 8 tonite.

If not do I have to do anything to set up auto pick?

I have a fantasy question I would like some advice on if people don't mind. I got a huge debate on who I should pick as my 3rd keeper between Arian Foster and Ben Tate. To keep Foster it would cost me 43 dollars or Ben Tate would cost me 16 dollars.

My first two keepers are Jamaal Charles and Zak Stacy for a combined 56 dollars. Auction draft everyone gets 200 dollars.

Its a standard league except .5 PPR instead of 1. Would people like Foster and just have a 103 dollars to draft the rest of a team or go with Tate and that extra 27 dollars which is atleast 1 good WR in the draft.

Thanks for listening to this fool.

Can I make my picks from iphone?? I'll be on train at 8 tonite.

If not do I have to do anything to set up auto pick?

I think there's a Yahoo App that you can download.

If that won't work for you ... go to the draft section, and pre-rank your players. If you're not on line at 8 PM, the computer will draft for you.

OrangeXtreme said:
I think there's a Yahoo App that you can download. If that won't work for you ... go to the draft section, and pre-rank your players. If you're not on line at 8 PM, the computer will draft for you.

Got it, thanks.

I have a fantasy question I would like some advice on if people don't mind. I got a huge debate on who I should pick as my 3rd keeper between Arian Foster and Ben Tate. To keep Foster it would cost me 43 dollars or Ben Tate would cost me 16 dollars.

My first two keepers are Jamaal Charles and Zak Stacy for a combined 56 dollars. Auction draft everyone gets 200 dollars.

Its a standard league except .5 PPR instead of 1. Would people like Foster and just have a 103 dollars to draft the rest of a team or go with Tate and that extra 27 dollars which is atleast 1 good WR in the draft.

Thanks for listening to this fool.

Tate has really bit me in the butt a couple years. He is injury prone and it remains to be seen if Cleveland will have the passing game to take some of the focus off stopping the run. Despite all that, I would take Tate and hope for the best. Keeping Foster would mean half your money is gone for 3 players and I think Stacy and Charles will be able to carry the load for you anyway.

Tate has really bit me in the butt a couple years. He is injury prone and it remains to be seen if Cleveland will have the passing game to take some of the focus off stopping the run. Despite all that, I would take Tate and hope for the best. Keeping Foster would mean half your money is gone for 3 players and I think Stacy and Charles will be able to carry the load for you anyway.
Thanks, I had Tate as my default selection. Appreciate the comment. I can get another elite player if I keep Tate and put Foster back in the draft. In fantasy FB IMO you gotta get a sure thing with your first player/keeper.

I find auction drafts by far the fairest and most fun. If you want a player you can pay for them instead of a blind draw/computer random assignment.

Thanks, I had Tate as my default selection. Appreciate the comment. I can get another elite player if I keep Tate and put Foster back in the draft. In fantasy FB IMO you gotta get a sure thing with your first player/keeper.

I find auction drafts by far the fairest and most fun. If you want a player you can pay for them instead of a blind draw/computer random assignment.
Pfft, fairness is L-A-M-E. I love me some blind draw/computer random assignment.

I'm like Walker and Texas Ranger running around yelling "Anarchy! Anarchy!"

I forgot to add the disclaimer that I have yet to finish about the middle of the pack in my leagues the past three years, so consider that when I give out advice :) Another thing to consider is it seems like a few running backs come out of nowhere each year to have a good year. I tend to do better snapping free agents up quicker than anyone else than I do drafting.

I haven't done an auction draft before but I like the concept. It does get frustrating if you see you have the last pick of the first round for no other reason than bad luck.

Pfft, fairness is L-A-M-E. I love me some blind draw/computer random assignment.

I'm like Walker and Texas Ranger running around yelling "Anarchy! Anarchy!"
I am fine without an auction draft, but its way better than a snake draft. If you want Shady McCoy go ahead and pay thru the roof for him I will take Sproles/Welker last year for the less than McCoy. Auction drafts are just better IMO.

I forgot to add the disclaimer that I have yet to finish about the middle of the pack in my leagues the past three years, so consider that when I give out advice :) Another thing to consider is it seems like a few running backs come out of nowhere each year to have a good year. I tend to do better snapping free agents up quicker than anyone else than I do drafting.

I haven't done an auction draft before but I like the concept. It does get frustrating if you see you have the last pick of the first round for no other reason than bad luck.
I have done pretty well, but I like hearing any logical opinions. Your opinion was fair and helpful. I was leaning Tate so I can make sure to get a stud WR because if I keep Foster then I have to be more thrifty in the WR dept. I can live with my 3rd RB being Ben Tate if I get a good WR as a result. Foster is dicey IMO because he thrived in Kubiak's zone blocking running system, but Bill O'Brien is from Belichick school and dividing carries among backs I could see Dennis Johnson eating up some of Arian's carries.

Tate is going to be the workhorse for Cleveland and will get the goal line touches.

If your league mates will try it I would recommend trying an auction draft its fun.

Hey, would anyone like to do an experimental league?

I'm calling it "The Bully's League." The concept is that the winners each week are permitted to propose a trade of any one of their players to the team that they beat for any of the loser's players NOT on the can't cut list, and the losing team must accept. Really ups the ante each week, and I think could keep things spicy. Go on a win streak, build a juggernaut (unless you propose bad trades). Go on a losing streak, get hosed (unless the winners made bad trades). Go up and down throughout the season, maybe you can get a whole lot better, or a whole lot worse. Survive and adapt.

Anarchy! Anarchy!

Hey, would anyone like to do an experimental league?

I'm calling it "The Bully's League." The concept is that the winners each week are permitted to propose a trade of any one of their players to the team that they beat for any of the loser's players NOT on the can't cut list, and the losing team must accept. Really ups the ante each week, and I think could keep things spicy. Go on a win streak, build a juggernaut (unless you propose bad trades). Go on a losing streak, get hosed (unless the winners made bad trades). Go up and down throughout the season, maybe you can get a whole lot better, or a whole lot worse. Survive and adapt.

Anarchy! Anarchy!
Good idea I give you credit I am in two competitive leagues I am tapped out. However, I would steal this idea and propose it in my SU league as it really ups the ante. I would tweak it to where you can't trade any keeper or player on bye.

Good idea I give you credit I am in two competitive leagues I am tapped out. However, I would steal this idea and propose it in my SU league as it really ups the ante. I would tweak it to where you can't trade any keeper or player on bye.
Those tweaks make sense. Good suggestions.

If it's just Foster or Tate, would have to go with Tate, more because there are a lot of red flags and $43 is a lot for Foster. And less that I love Tate.

If it's just Foster or Tate, would have to go with Tate, more because there are a lot of red flags and $43 is a lot for Foster. And less that I love Tate.
Thanks, I agree i would be paying market value for Foster and would be getting better value for Tate.

My only other option would be Jordan Cameron for 8, but that isn't good value. It was always Tate or Foster for me and I agree with your opinion.

Thanks, I agree i would be paying market value for Foster and would be getting better value for Tate.

My only other option would be Jordan Cameron for 8, but that isn't good value. It was always Tate or Foster for me and I agree with your opinion.

I'm a little leery of both guys, since Tate always gets hurt. But $16 for a starting RB is probably good value. I wonder if Gordon ends up suspended all year if $8 for Cameron is going to end up as good value. But you know your league better than me, do you think you could get Cameron for around $8 in the actual auction? I wold assume Tate goes for more than $16.

I'm a little leery of both guys, since Tate always gets hurt. But $16 for a starting RB is probably good value. I wonder if Gordon ends up suspended all year if $8 for Cameron is going to end up as good value. But you know your league better than me, do you think you could get Cameron for around $8 in the actual auction? I wold assume Tate goes for more than $16.
I don't put Cameron in the Thomas/Gronk/Graham class. Thus, his value in the draft won't be that much higher than $10-15 dollars. Tate would go mid 20's because of keeper RBs.

Cameron was good with Hoyer, but he sucked the last half of the season. In draft Foster will go for high 40's. Tate mid 20's, Cameron mid 10's.

You might want to throw Terrence West out there early in the auction; ,aybe you can get the handcuff cheap

Crap. Drafting #11.

I get to take a 20 minute nap between bookends.

8th ... hope Dandy Dan carpenter is still available then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom