Thamel gives some names | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

I would probably quit Syracuse Football if we hired Flood. Absolutely no way I would be on board with that. Recall, he had that scandal of trying to get a professor to change a grade, including meeting up with the professor in normal clothing to prevent public detection and emailing from his personal email so it wouldn't be public information.
I mean, if our coach is gonna cheat, I hope he does everything he can to not get caught.

If those are the names he put out there then more likely than not it's one of those five.

And of those five you can eliminate a couple based off Johns comments from the presser you can probably whittle it down further

I’m trying to temper my expectations because I think it could still be a name not really being thrown around that everyone is like, ummm. Don’t mean a bad hire, just one people didn’t expect and have to convince themselves it’s a good choice.

I’m trying to temper my expectations because I think it could still be a name not really being thrown around that everyone is like, ummm. Don’t mean a bad hire, just one people didn’t expect and have to convince themselves it’s a good choice.
Rhymes with Fannie Skiaz?

• Don't Like
Reactions: FAL
I’m still kind of expecting that

John fed that to an ESPN guy to get ahead of the story and to allow for a basket of names to be floated off the record.

I’d take to the bank that Thamel is chatting w the consultant via JW.

One of those guys will be in orange come cyber
Not sure. Could be a couple wildcards they are talking too as well. Just my opinion

Like Eddie O or Kyle Flood? I agree, those examples would be awful.

Not sure. Could be a couple wildcards they are talking too as well. Just my opinion
its-always-sunny-wildcard.gif

Holy Cross’s QB just hit the portal after Chesney was rumored to be interested in Cuse job. I wonder if there’s a team out there that needs a QB and a coach next year?
Dude can play for sure. Also likely to get injured mid season like Dungey and Shrader.

For sure but that’s why he’s leaking stuff to smoke out reverse interest he may be missing. Absent a home run guy I think John has his list and will pick one

Yup. Could be someone JW doesn’t want outted yet and purposefully left. JW (likely) gave the scoop to Pete and Pete will be helpful in return. How the world works.

Yup. Could be someone JW doesn’t want outted yet and purposefully left. JW (likely) gave the scoop to Pete and Pete will be helpful in return. How the world works.
Or that person doesn’t want to be out there (cough cough bill O’Brien). The Boston media market would explode if his name was seriously considered based on how the offensive coordinator situation has unfolded last few years

Or that person doesn’t want to be out there (cough cough bill O’Brien). The Boston media market would explode if his name was seriously considered based on how the offensive coordinator situation has unfolded last few years
I’m fine with the names mentioned some excite me more than others. But, mannnnnnnnnnnnn bill o brien would be a Lebron James, Michael jordan windmill slam dunk. I’m tempering myself from getting excited but it’s fun to day dream about.

I guess the guys over at Nunes are saying that Sean Lewis has no interest in the Syracuse job. Was listening to the Disloyal Idiots podcast from Sunday and they mentioned it.

I guess the guys over at Nunes are saying that Sean Lewis has no interest in the Syracuse job. Was listening to the Disloyal Idiots podcast from Sunday and they mentioned it.

Isn't like Babers one of his mentors? Why would he be interested in a place that just fired him?

Isn't like Babers one of his mentors? Why would he be interested in a place that just fired him?
Just passing along something I heard today. A lot of people think he should be on the short list of potential candidates. I don't get it either.

I don’t think Thamel is grasping at straws. He’s not my favorite journalist, but let’s be fair, he’s not picking out of a hat. He has creds and he has inroads in the industry.

People will forego what a national journalist that went to Cuse has to say, but then CharlesGelattGotScrewed1994 makes a post about getting Jimbo Fisher and that’s cool.

SMDH

I’m still #TeamChesney, btw.

I don’t think Thamel is grasping at straws. He’s not my favorite journalist, but let’s be fair, he’s not picking out of a hat. He has creds and he has inroads in the industry.

People will forego what a national journalist that went to Cuse has to say, but then CharlesGelattGotScrewed1994 makes a post about getting Jimbo Fisher and that’s cool.

SMDH

I’m still #TeamChesney, btw.
I’m all aboard the Chesney train as well. Candle and Bronco seem the opposite that we would want as far as, umm energy level, after dealing with Dino. I think Chesney could be upgrade the recruiting and he has real northeast ties. The only other coach i wouldn’t be totally disappointed with would be Mullen, but i don’t see his name mentioned even though he had the best odds of being the next HC at one point.

#TeamChesney

I’m all aboard the Chesney train as well. Candle and Bronco seem the opposite that we would want as far as, umm energy level, after dealing with Dino. I think Chesney could be upgrade the recruiting and he has real northeast ties. The only other coach i wouldn’t be totally disappointed with would be Mullen, but i don’t see his name mentioned even though he had the best odds of being the next HC at one point.

#TeamChesney

Agree re Mullen.

Sean Lewis would never come in to replace Dino. He has too much respect for Dino. He’s near the bottom of the list for me.
It was rumored he had no interest because he couldn't get out of Syracuse fast enough last go round - that he didn't enjoy it here before

Obviously very few people would know if that was true or not

Who says he can’t? At Kent St they were top half in sacks allowed per game 2 of the last 3 years. They were near the bottom of the pack a few years ago when they played Oklahoma, Georgia, and Washington during the season.

Since Sean’s demotion Colorado has given up 8 sacks in the last two games…hint, the issue ain’t Sean.

He’s extremely respected in the coaching community and still a hot commodity.

I think Lewis is my first choice of realistic choices. I still like his offense. I have a low enough opinion of Shrader's passing to give the scheme credit for making him even a little bit efficient. He wants to throw the ball and he was able to get decent performances from Mahoney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom