Thamel gives some names | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Why would we hire a guy that is averaging 22 ppg for Wisconsin this year? Absolutely not.
Is that your only criteria? You realize they are changing everything.

It's not. But if we're hiring a coordinator for a head coach position they should be exceptional at what they are doing.

He's under the Ferentz line!
lol

Thamel was just on College Football Live and mentioned these names in no particular order:

Chesney
Golden
Bronco
Candle
Cignetti

He mentioned the success we've had in the past with guys who have Northeast roots.

How does Candle have Northeast roots? Pretty much his entire roster is Ohio and Florida. It would be nice to have an Ohio connection. But I didn't notice a single kid he pulled from a Northeastern HS. He did have a kid from NYC via Rutgers. I am pro Candle but you don't take him for the Northeast connection.

Don't know how I feel about Bronco. He kind of seems like a weird dude. I think he is a good HC, but he doesn't seem like a fit. Also, he hasn't had to deal with the portal or NIL yet.

How does Candle have Northeast roots? Pretty much his entire roster is Ohio and Florida. It would be nice to have an Ohio connection. But I didn't notice a single kid he pulled from a Northeastern HS. He did have a kid from NYC via Rutgers. I am pro Candle but you don't take him for the Northeast connection.

Don't know how I feel about Bronco. He kind of seems like a weird dude. I think he is a good HC, but he doesn't seem like a fit. Also, he hasn't had to deal with the portal or NIL yet.
Thamel referred to Candle as Northeast adjacent.

Thamel was just on College Football Live and mentioned these names in no particular order:

Chesney
Golden
Bronco
Candle
Cignetti

He mentioned the success we've had in the past with guys who have Northeast roots.

This is actually not a bad list at all. I would prefer some over others but all worthy of a chance here in my opinion.

We don’t want Flood because we saw what he did at Rutty after Schiano left. But if you took his resume, blanked out his name, and swapped Rutty for let’s say VA or NC State, I bet people here would be creaming their pants for him
His record at Rutgers wasn’t abysmal, especially when you consider the transition from the Big East to B1G. That was a big step up.

I would probably quit Syracuse Football if we hired Flood. Absolutely no way I would be on board with that. Recall, he had that scandal of trying to get a professor to change a grade, including meeting up with the professor in normal clothing to prevent public detection and emailing from his personal email so it wouldn't be public information.

There is no indication that Lewis can have a functional OL and keep his QB upright. It is a big reason why he was demoted.
Who says he can’t? At Kent St they were top half in sacks allowed per game 2 of the last 3 years. They were near the bottom of the pack a few years ago when they played Oklahoma, Georgia, and Washington during the season.

Since Sean’s demotion Colorado has given up 8 sacks in the last two games…hint, the issue ain’t Sean.

He’s extremely respected in the coaching community and still a hot commodity.

Thamel referred to Candle as Northeast adjacent.

And I thought Wildhack mentioned Schwartzwalder and him being from West Virginia. He’s wasn’t actually defining the northeast in a geographic sense as in Pennsylvania to Maine. It was more in a regional sense of culture. That was my read anyways.

I would probably quit Syracuse Football if we hired Flood. Absolutely no way I would be on board with that. Recall, he had that scandal of trying to get a professor to change a grade, including meeting up with the professor in normal clothing to prevent public detection and emailing from his personal email so it wouldn't be public information.
Yes... Hard "No" on a Rutgers flunkie.

Chesney
Golden
Bronco
Candle
Cignetti

Grasping at straws. This thing is under wraps. One of those guys may very well be our next coach, but the folks that usually know something (that I know) have no clue.

And I think that’s a good thing.

Grasping at straws. This thing is under wraps. One of those guys may very well be our next coach, but the folks that usually know something (that I know) have no clue.

And I think that’s a good thing.

But to be fair Thamel broke the Dino firing so someone is talking to him before official statements.

But to be fair Thamel broke the Dino firing so someone is talking to him before official statements.
It could have been Dino. In that case Dino wouldn’t know the next HC.

It could have been Dino. In that case Dino wouldn’t know the next HC.

That is fair it could have been Dino but Thamel also hit on most of the names we are talking about. Unless he is reading the message board also

If those are the names he put out there then more likely than not it's one of those five.

And of those five you can eliminate a couple based off Johns comments from the presser you can probably whittle it down further

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom