Thamel gives some names | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

In order to run these kinds of offenses, you have to have a good enough offensive line to hold off the defenses of FSU, Clemson and the rest of the very good defenses in the league, otherwise your QB likely gets hurt trying to run. Then you bring in your backup QB who has very little reps and chemistry with the starting offense and things go real bad.
That’s why I’ve been saying the key to any next step is OL recruitment

G
Grasping at straws. This thing is under wraps. One of those guys may very well be our next coach, but the folks that usually know something (that I know) have no clue.

And I think that’s a good thing.
Same here. Called a friend who is a big donor and he didn’t know anything. I am ok with that. Don’t need leaks if someone turns down the job.

Al Golden would be a very chalk pick. That's the Addazio to BC decision that will be low ceiling high floor.

I'm kinda ok with it since it's baking in a 6 win season perpetually. He was mediocre at Miami which to me is concerning. if we expect miracles at Syracuse ya kinda want him to succeed at the U which has all the trappings of recruitment enticement.

I'd need to be sold on what upside this is bringing to the program or even excitement. I'm all ears and not snarky about it just wondering why this is suddenly a hot commodity.

Further to that if tie goes to the meathead, i'd rather Doug Marrone 2.0
He was mediocre at Miami because he was handed multiple bags of flaming poop from the booster scandal that preceded him. Sanctions, bowl bans, etc.

He was mediocre at Miami because he was handed multiple bags of flaming poop from the booster scandal that preceded him. Sanctions, bowl bans, etc.
so wasn't Bill O'Brien and he leveraged it into a HC job with the Texans.

I think Golden is a safe hire. Safe may be good for Wildhack with where basketball is heading...who knows

That’s why I’ve been saying the key to any next step is OL recruitment
The problem is, that quality of o-linemen are worth a lot in NIL terms. And, you need many of them because it's almost certain that starters will get hurt and miss snaps and games.

Yup. Keep this guy in mind
I have no knowledge one way or the other, but the Eagles are likely a SB team again this year. I can’t see him leaving the Eagles en route to the Super Bowl, and I can’t see us waiting until February to hire a new coach.

Reactions: FAL
I have no knowledge one way or the other, but the Eagles are likely a SB team again this year. I can’t see him leaving the Eagles en route to the Super Bowl, and I can’t see us waiting until February to hire a new coach.
Don’t hurt to ask though

He was mediocre at Miami which to me is concerning. if we expect miracles at Syracuse ya kinda want him to succeed at the U which has all the trappings of recruitment enticement.
Since 2006, Miami is...

Overall 129-96 (.573)
In Conference 77-67 (.535)

Golden was...
Overall 32-25 (.561)
In Conference 17-18 (.486)

And the year they fired him, the conference opponents he coached against went 18-6 in ACC play, the teams the interim guy went 4-2 against went 22-18. So he kind of got screwed there, too.

There are things to be concerned about with Golden (too many blowout losses), for sure, but you could argue he came pretty close to an average performance at Miami over the last 15-20 years while inheriting probation and two years of postseason bans, which makes his performance look pretty good IMO.

If he is the guy ADJW wants, then there are ways to handle the transition and not lose recruits and get the types of players we want from the portal. A current NFL coach like him brings a lot of cache with him. The best players want to be prepared for the league and who better to know what is necessary for success in that environment than a very successful NFL coach with previous college coaching experience?

If he is the guy ADJW wants, then there are ways to handle the transition and not lose recruits and get the types of players we want from the portal. A current NFL coach like him brings a lot of cache with him. The best players want to be prepared for the league and who better to know what is necessary for success in that environment than a very successful NFL coach with previous college coaching experience?
Zero chance it’s an nfl guy. You can’t give up an entire recruiting class. That would set us back years and probably something a staff couldn’t recover from.

Zero chance it’s an nfl guy. You can’t give up an entire recruiting class. That would set us back years and probably something a staff couldn’t recover from.
We would be waiting till Feb with the Eagles potentially. Zero point zero chance of that happening.

If its an NFL guy they have to be ready to give two weeks, two weeks ago. This isn't a job for the faint of heart.

IF you hire Jeff Stoutland you better keep a few guys, preferably Nunzio Campanile and Travis Fisher, on staff to help with the transition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom