Thank you Tyler Lydon for an awesome 2 years | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thank you Tyler Lydon for an awesome 2 years

Lammers was50 in the projected draft and Lydon 25. Lydon doesn't look like he's in the top 100 and Lammers looked top 25

I think he will declare, go through the process, and remain in the draft and be selected in the 1st round.

Malachi Richardson NBA Salary | NBA player | HoopsHype
I'm not so sure of that. At one time I might have agreed. Lydon is a kid that likes college. And he is a different sort of kid. If he is going in the top 20, he is gone. But after that, it gets iffy. and right now, i think it's after that.

I'm not so sure of that. At one time I might have agreed. Lydon is a kid that likes college. And he is a different sort of kid. If he is going in the top 20, he is gone. But after that, it gets iffy. and right now, i think it's after that.
Well, that would be cool for us then.

Unpopular opinion: think of it this way, NBA drafts on potential which Lydon has...you have a limited timeframe for an NBA career where you c an maximize your money and if he comes back next year he risks injury. Looking out for the kid I say you go, you make quick money and who knows he could stick with a team for awhile...he's a good basketball that works hard. Off of that he can always come back for his degree.

From a selfish standpoint of being a Cuse fan, I think he could use a year or two to develop his game and add a little weight. This years draft is also loaded so if he comes back he could potentially be projected higher and he will be more in the spotlight nationally so if he has a big year he could go lottery.

All said and done I think he should ATLEAST declare and go to the combine to test out. All in all I think he's gone and would be a smart move on his part.

All said and done I think he should ATLEAST declare and go to the combine to test out.
I think he will do this, and I just have to think his stock goes down after that - sort of the opposite of what happened with Mal last year - TL (as far as I can tell) probably won't have the measureables, etc in that setting... I don't know, though, that's just how it's looking to me right now

The OP is a UConn fan who admitted on his site he created a troll persona for this board.
People who liked his post should know that. It's an awful #hotsportstake.
Hey buddy big game tomorrow for UConn's NIT chances.

Think taxes (that's gross income), NBA lifestyle, and longevity . I'll maintain that it doesn't look like a good decision right now.

Was a safer decision. What if he came back and didn't improve or regressed? He could have come back and gotten better and still not improved his draft position.

Mali was solid for us last year, I don't know what his ceiling is but I honestly don't believe it's that high, especially not high enough to break into the lottery, don't know how you're able to really judge him one way or another, especially with the take that it isn't a good decision. Gotta look at it from every end, hell, Lydon should be a good example, go back to CJ Fair, look at Dukes Grayson Allen. There's a list a mile long, can't forget.

If he is projected as a first round pick then he should go. 2 million over two years and if he washes out he can go overseas and STILL make good money or get his degree.

But if he turns down that money because he "likes the college experience " then he's an idiot.

Was a safer decision. What if he came back and didn't improve or regressed? He could have come back and gotten better and still not improved his draft position.

Mali was solid for us last year, I don't know what his ceiling is but I honestly don't believe it's that high, especially not high enough to break into the lottery, don't know how you're able to really judge him one way or another, especially with the take that it isn't a good decision. Gotta look at it from every end, hell, Lydon should be a good example, go back to CJ Fair, look at Dukes Grayson Allen. There's a list a mile long, can't forget.
Allen made an absolutely terrible decision (getting the ankle injury didn't help). But he also stayed a 3rd year, I think the risk would have been worth it for Mali to stay 2 years .

Allen made an absolutely terrible decision (getting the ankle injury didn't help). But he also stayed a 3rd year, I think the risk would have been worth it for Mali to stay 2 years .
I guess my thing is why risk it a at all? Get paid and play basketball, that's the goal. Maybe he gets more money if he comes back, maybe he gets pushed to the 2nd if he comes back. Seems like he played the perfect hedge bet to me.

I mean just look at the conversations around Lydon on this board. A year ago it was Lydon is a perfect stretch 4, he'll be a lock first rounder if he leaves and potential top 20 if he comes back and enters the 2017 draft, give him a year where he's the man and offense is centered around him, etc.

Now it's he would be smart to come back and get better because he's no guarantee first round pick but if he comes back he can improve his draft stock when a year from now he's a 22 years old with slightly better numbers.

Hindsight he probably would've been drafted highest if he left after his freshman year. He's gone and he's making the right decision as much as it pains me to say it because he's a really good college basketball player who would've helped us win games the next two years.

Lydon should go if he's a first rounder but it may be advantageous to come back if he's borderline or projected to go late in the first due to this being one of the better drafts in recent memory.

His measurables, athletically, won't change a ton. Maybe he gets stronger and develops a dribble drive game? Even if he doesn't, he still possesses the one thing that seperates him from better college players at his position...the ability to rain deep threes. I highly doubt that's a skill he will lose any time soon, and that will always get him drafted, given his size.

TT is our stretch 4 next season. All we need is for Cal to take an NBA job in the spring so we can land Greene and next year will be looking bright.

This OP troll's schitck is old. His last post before this troll job was 3.5 months ago and people "liked" his lost.
The American conference is by a thousand cuts killing the program.
Go back to the UConn board.