The Dome Gone Wild... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Dome Gone Wild...

I heard that to achieve balance between the old crowd and the young crowd, the young crowd gets LED lights and the old crowd gets rocking chairs.
the rocking chair idea is great. i'd much prefer that to the steel bleacher seats;)

The seats will come with tasers so the older fans will jump up and down like the Crazies at Cameron.
Dave Dave Dave, it's a good thing you are well liked on this board and that the "seniors" know you are having fun tweaking them. You remind me of my husband and son, who will joke and tease up to the limit, and then cross it. :eek:

Dave Dave Dave, it's a good thing you are well liked on this board and that the "seniors" know you are having fun tweaking them. You remind me of my husband and son, who will joke and tease up to the limit, and then cross it. :eek:

You know I want a jumping student section. I'm just joking about the seniors not liking change. I'm not exactly in my 20s anymore! I would just love to see a monster light show in the Dome. I just know there's going to be someone complaining about it. And this is just he beginning. I imagine at some point they will be talking about seat renovations which may reduce the total number of seating. That's when the real fun begins. Can you imagine what the conversation will be????? Holy moly!!!

I hear they're going to hang one of these from the bottom of the scoreboard to placate the late boomer/early gen-x crowd.

images
I'm seeing a mega K.C. and the Sunshine Band / Electric Chic Magnets show to open up this joint.

This make over needs a water feature . It would add drama and motion.

I heard that the entire "backcourt" area, what used to be behind the curtain, will be filled to a depth of 6 feet with Orange snowcone material for basketball games. You will be able to dive into it from the 3rd level and swim around in it, Scrooge McDuck style.

It's a lot of change. Thank God they are not changing the seating (as far as we know).
That's what they DO need to change! The seating is the most uncomfortable I've ever sat in. Metal bleachers without a seatback are rough.

I heard that the entire "backcourt" area, what used to be behind the curtain, will be filled to a depth of 6 feet with Orange snowcone material for basketball games. You will be able to dive into it from the 3rd level and swim around in it, Scrooge McDuck style.
Kaiser could do that , he is like a real life Uncle Scroogie McDuck, at least on this board .

The seats will come with tasers so the older fans will jump up and down like the Crazies at Cameron.

At least the older fans will be there. The younger ones always have something better to do.

It's a lot of change. Thank God they are not changing the seating (as far as we know).
I hope they put hydraulics in the seats that prohibit sitting down that they can activate in instances where fans should be standing.

Nice! I thought old people did not like change. I think it sounds really awesome!
What you fail to realize is that the older fans were actually around in the 80's early 90's when the dome really was a loud house

Glad to hear they are thinking about this type of change . I travel to many venues and always wish our openings were more like what we see at those schools . Think little things like that can make a huge difference in the experience as a whole.

You know I want a jumping student section. I'm just joking about the seniors not liking change. I'm not exactly in my 20s anymore! I would just love to see a monster light show in the Dome. I just know there's going to be someone complaining about it. And this is just he beginning. I imagine at some point they will be talking about seat renovations which may reduce the total number of seating. That's when the real fun begins. Can you imagine what the conversation will be????? Holy moly!!!
Oh yeah, it's already happening in my head. It took me 8 years to work my way down from 309 T to 309 B and I ain't going back up again!! Come and get me, coppers!
couchburn

All you older fans are about to be assaulted! Are you ready for this? Blinding lights, lasers shooting in every direction, sound system gone wild, a bellowing stadium says, "Introducing your Syracuse Orange Basketball Team", OMG! The older fans are going to complain! I can hear it now from the future!

"With new LED technology you can do anything," Sala said. "Absolutely. We're not going to do something without an LED lighting package. That's something we talked about from the beginning. I was watching a hockey game the other night and it was crazy how they changed the arena. It was really cool when they introduced the players. We've asked to have lights that you can turn on and off. It'll be LED lighting."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport...rrier_dome_renovation.html#incart_river_index

Jeez, I'm old, not dead. You think I've never seen a Laser light show? Try Blue Oyster Cult or Genesis circa 1978-1980 and that was just the beginning.

Jeez, I'm old, not dead. You think I've never seen a Laser light show? Try Blue Oyster Cult or Genesis circa 1978-1980 and that was just the beginning.
BOC in the Syracuse War Memorial in 78? LOL. I was there - won tickets from WAER for knowing the name of their new album - Agents of Fortune. The effects, by today's standards, were lame. For the time, they were groundbreaking. Really kewl!!!

BOC in the Syracuse War Memorial in 78? LOL. I was there - won tickets from WAER for knowing the name of their new album - Agents of Fortune. The effects, by today's standards, were lame. For the time, they were groundbreaking. Really kewl!!!
Green lasers off mirror balls hanging from the ceiling was awesome! Looked like bursts of light coming right at you.

Just pass these out to those in attendance. Who needs LED lights anyway?!?! Let's not spend thousands of dollars on something that we flat out don't need! Sheesh!!! Young people just don't seem to ever understand.

jiazxw1440060081981.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom